Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I will laugh my ass off if the game sells more than PoE 1. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold more than Deadfire by now. It will prove that there is rpg fans still out there,just that there isn't a developer that could deliver!

Brancaleone

Liturgist
https://wccftech.com/talking-pathfinder-kingmaker-crpg/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What was the thought process behind having the combat in Pathfinder: Kingmaker be Time-Stop when the source uses a Turn-Based system? Do you have any intentions of adding a Turn-Based mode onto the game later down the line?

Aleksandr: When we are making a cRPG, we have to be sure that no particular aspect of the game is grabbing too much of the player’s attention if it leaves another aspect wanting. In Pathfinder:
Kingmaker, there are a lot of those aspects: combat, story, exploration, kingdom building. Turn-based battles are attention hogs. It takes a lot of time to finish one and there are many battles to be fought. Since they take up so much time and attention, these battles have to be different and unique, and that makes the game too combat-oriented for our taste.

For Pathfinder: Kingmaker, we wanted a classical RPG experience where your experience is varied – an experience where you go from fighting a couple of easy battles to talking to an NPC, to exploring an area to find an entrance to the cave, fighting through a couple of challenging fights to the boss,
obtaining interesting loot, and so on as you continue adventuring. For this experience to work, the easy battles have to be quick, and that makes real-time a better pick. On the plus side, these battles are also more visceral and provide a better feeling of the confrontation.

Looks like he gets what made IE combat work, unlike Sawyer.
Looks like he also gets what made Baldur's Gate 2 work.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I will laugh my ass off if the game sells more than PoE 1. I wouldn't be surprised if it sold more than Deadfire by now. It will prove that there is rpg fans still out there,just that there isn't a developer that could deliver!

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor is coming out tomorrow and will completely obliterate Pathfinder: Cuckmaker, everyone will know that Obsidian remains the king of the crpg.

source: infinitron

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Seeker, Slayer, Survivor is coming out tomorrow and will completely obliterate Pathfinder: Cuckmaker, everyone will know that Obsidian remains the king of the crpg.

source: infinitron
I am sure that diablo rip off dlc will obliterate kingmaker. It will grind it in to dust and then piss on it. There is a place for only one RTwP rpg out there!

there_can_be_only_one_highlander.gif

Flou

Arbiter
"
Has Owlcat Games started looking into procuring development kits for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One for a possible console port of Pathfinder: Kingmaker in the future?

Aleksandr: We actually already have them; we ported Skyforge (our previous MMORPG project) to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One so we have the hardware and experience to make such ports."

What, no one crying about how they are developing the game for consoles? ;)
Because, let's face it. I think it's only a matter of time before they port it if it sells well enough on PC (which it seems to have already done)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
"
Has Owlcat Games started looking into procuring development kits for PlayStation 4 or Xbox One for a possible console port of Pathfinder: Kingmaker in the future?

Aleksandr: We actually already have them; we ported Skyforge (our previous MMORPG project) to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One so we have the hardware and experience to make such ports."

What, no one crying about how they are developing the game for consoles? ;)
Because, let's face it. I think it's only a matter of time before they port it if it sells well enough on PC (which it seems to have already done)

We've actually known this since last month http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...g-september-25th.115243/page-128#post-5756888

So is this actually selling well? I was kind of worried it would not, what with very limited exposure for the game until the last minute.

Also, where are our keys?!

hogcranker

Novice
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I never got an email from Owlcat for my fundraiser pledge, should that have happened by now?

Some of their email link sending action got lost, I wrote to them around the time of beta and got the link. Now the wait time might be longer, but try
team@owlcatgames.com

Yeah, this must be what happened. I gave them my email I paid for the fundraiser with and they replied pretty quickly to say they'll send me a code tomorrow.

I never got an email from Owlcat for my fundraiser pledge, should that have happened by now?

Some of their email link sending action got lost, I wrote to them around the time of beta and got the link. Now the wait time might be longer, but try
team@owlcatgames.com

Yeah, this must be what happened. I gave them my email I paid for the fundraiser with and they replied pretty quickly to say they'll send me a code tomorrow.
You paid in through the codex fundraiser? Huh, maybe I should try to get in touch with them as well then.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-kingmaker/posts/2294754

Steam and GoG Keys are now on the backer portal!
Posted by Berserkerkitten

Dear Pathfinders!

The Stolen Lands await! Release is almost upon us! Can you feel it? The excitement, the anticipation, that feeling you get when you're about to fire up a brand new game for the very first time! Have you already planned out your main character? Do you know which characters are going to be in your main party? Are you teaming up with our eleven companions or are you going to create an entire party from scratch? Or maybe a little bit of both, mix and match?

Before you can join the fun, you'll have to pick up your game key from our backer portal. When you log in using the same account data or login method you used when you transferred your Kickstarter pledge over to the backer portal, you will now be able to choose from either a Steam key or a GoG key. All you need to do is click the 'Get your Digital Download' button, then choose your platform on this pop-up:

b4e61c454179b8ef94a671e83df7cd8e_original.jpg

Steam or GoG, the choice is yours.

Please be aware that your platform selection cannot be undone once the choice is made!

If you've picked up a key for Steam, you can activate it in the Steam client by clicking on 'Games'. Then you go to 'Activate a Product on Steam', follow the on-screen instructions and paste your key there.

GoG-users paste and redeem their keys here.

PLEASE NOTE: Depending on your Kickstarter pledge level, you may receive multiple keys in the digital downloads section - the first one for the game, the second one is for your digital rewards. Redeeming them all will grant you the digital goodies you've pledged for. Please be sure to use the keys in order! Activate the game first, then the digital extras.

Once you have picked up your key and registered it on your platform of choice, you'll be all set and good to go for launch. You'll be able to pre-load the game before it releases on the 25th at midnight PDT, 9am CET, 10am Moscow time.

For those among you, who have yet to transfer their Kickstarter pledges, we have re-sent the transfer links and instructions to every backer, who has not transferred, yet. If you haven't received our email early last week, please check your spam and junkmail folders and follow the instructions in our email!

Regarding our email situation - several thousand (!) users have contacted us and asked us to re-send their pledge-transfer emails after we had just sent them out again. It is going to take some time to respond to each and every one of these messages. In light of this situation, we are working on a feature on the backer portal, which allows you to request your transfer code in an automated message. You will be able to enter your Kickstarter email address on our backer portal and have your pledge transfer link sent to you.
Those of you, who emailed us requesting a pledge transfer reset, can use this feature as well!

We are also considering sending out a Steam key to every Kickstarter backer, who has failed to transfer their pledge after release. This way, you'll be able to pick up and play the game you pledged for, even if you do not perform the transfer. However, this also means you'll be stuck with a Steam-key and won't have the option to choose a GoG-key, instead.

Please note that pledges containing a boxed edition will be shipped about a month after release! We're sorry for making you wait a little longer - however, you will also find game keys on the backer portal, meaning you won't miss out and get to start playing alongside everybody else.

Those among you, who have pledged for a signed poster of Wayne Reynolds' stunning artwork will be happy to know that we're in the process of signing them right now. They still have a fair bit of traveling to do in order to receive everyone's signature, but we'll be ready to ship them out in the coming weeks!
The digital walkthrough consists of over 500 pages at the time we're writing this. It is very detailed and covers everything up to about the first half of chapter 3 of the story. We're making it available at launch to everyone, who pledged for it. Unfortunately, this also means that the rest of the walkthrough is still work in progress and will be made available as soon as it's ready. We apologize for the delay!

The bonus digital module is still going through the 2nd draft with feedback from Paizo to insure quality, and we’ll update you when it’s in the final stages. To make up for this delay, however, all backers who pledged for the module will receive a digital pawn sheet with the companions and NPCs from Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

0e8219e86ca1dfcddee7624780aeb97a_original.png

A small, lower-res preview
Hail to the Kings!

Owlcats

e94639ac9cc5d71687fc3070884fa252_original.png

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
they backer portal crap is some grade A nigger shit. what is this fucking russian my.com crap. suck my fucking balls

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom