Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
The intention was to express high expectations, while also recognizing a very high chance of eventual disappointment.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I would gladly accept a key from someone. No joke.
It comes from the heart.
36-164AZA-3.jpg

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Someone playing it post some screenshots or first impressions or something. If I like what I see, I'll just buy it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That is some next level of butthurt....
Screenshot_2018_9_25_fantadomat.png

If i got angry after every negative/banter rating i would had heart attack by now.
"getting butthurt over a rating is just...." just so 2002? :lol: Oh:
Why don't you retards ever show the screenshots of you spamming me bad buttons first? Always just me sharing the button love back?
What I told you.

I got around to watching a couple of hours of the beta, and oh my. Finally something that appears to be a proper spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate in both its lighthearted tone and RtwP gameplay. I'm definetly trying this out. The animu portraits are unfortunate, but I'm sure something can be done about them. It felt so refreshing going back to BG's lighthearted tone.

BTW, this "Stolen Lands" thing is a stand-in for Eastern Ukraine, right? :lol: And there was a town called "Restov"...? I also liked the idea of separate adventuring parties taking different roads so as to not combat each other. Veeery "Ruslan and Ludmila"-style, "fractured medieval Rus'" idea.

Glad to see people are already splitting into PoE and Kingmaker camps. Glad because just 3 years after PoE's release we are in a position to argue over which of three RtwP Infinity Engine-like RPGs is better. And honestly all of them are far from bad. PoE's greatest virtue was that it brought Deadfire (and worst sin - that it brought us Meghan Starks' writing, the VO we can at least turn off). Now if Kingmaker does well, which it has all signs of doing, it will make PoE 3, or other IE-like RPGs much more probable to appear.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Quoting the review posted in the last page:

For now (this may have improved later in the game) the fights are rough and the game could have gained clarity with a turn-based system. When you see the successes that are a Tyranny or a Divinity, it is difficult to grasp the choice of a system in real time for an old-school RPG of this type.

:nocountryforshitposters:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ha. The fucking fascist Pathfinder moderator banned me on the steam forum for "trolling" for a post I made like 6 hours ago being critical of the children's combat in the game. I guess questioning how good combat will be in a game requires the NKVD to shut you up. I honestly did not say anything in a disrespectful way. I questioned the combat. You little bitches can whine about inXile all you want, but they let people say whatever they want in the steam forums without retroactively banning anyone for being slightly critical to create and promote a false narrative.

I highly recommend people pirate this game and don't support these fascists.
I see you are being your usual retarded self. If people on 'Dex consider you retarded, what chance do you have out there in the real world?

ArchAngel

Arcane
top selling game on steam it looks like, not even released yet

My post with some fabulously optimistic and edgy tags back from February:

Just the kingmaker alpha, even with bugs, missing textures, broken quests, etc, blows away POE 3.0. I think the word of mouth and the long tail on it is going to be pretty good.

Now I just need my damn key.
I don't feel like searching for my posts, but I have made about 10 that also got the same fabulously optimistic tags where I stated that this game looked better than almost any RPG released in last 15 years or so to me, and that I would not be surprised for it to do very well and to eventually be considered the best of the kick-starter age. The only evidence I had for saying any of this is just from looking at developer logs and screenshots. Obviously I don't or can't know for sure at this point, but I have been very optimistic about this game for awhile.
Maybe best on 'Dex but it has no chance to beat Original Sin games as far as general public is concerned. Lack of MP and lack of quirkiness is what kills it for most of the casuals. Also P:KM will have way more numbers and more complex mechanics behind the game.

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
Why is Roqua, the guy who keeps repeating that everyone here should support RPG devs for there to be more RPGs, constantly shitting on this game and saying he's gonna pirate it? Is it because it's made by non-american devs?

Just the kingmaker alpha, even with bugs, missing textures, broken quests, etc, blows away POE 3.0. I think the word of mouth and the long tail on it is going to be pretty good.

I don't feel like searching for my posts, but I have made about 10 that also got the same fabulously optimistic tags where I stated that this game looked better than almost any RPG released in last 15 years or so to me, and that I would not be surprised for it to do very well and to eventually be considered the best of the kick-starter age. The only evidence I had for saying any of this is just from looking at developer logs and screenshots. Obviously I don't or can't know for sure at this point, but I have been very optimistic about this game for awhile.

I probably put those tags on yours and archaens posts, it was not meant as a disagreement.
I did not really check who did, the only one I noticed who did it nearly every time was Infinitron, and it does not bother me anyway...I am jsut aware he just has some complicated agenda I don't quite understand relating to PoE, Infinity engine, Obsidian etc...

Drudkh

Learned
Valve always releases games at the same time everyday. It should never be a surprise. For me (eastern time) it's 2 pm. No matter what the dev wants or promises, Valve keeps their own schedule. Nothing new.

The intention was to express high expectations, while also recognizing a very high chance of eventual disappointment.
I realize there is a high chance I will be disappointed, its the nature of having hope and expectations. I admit hope and excitement has largely been beat out of me over the years and that a more sane reaction is to expect everything to suck, but for whatever reason this particular project has caused me to come out of my cocoon somewhat. Its likely I will pay for daring to have hope-- but that is okay, I don't have many nerve endings left anyway. I will survive.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
Why is Roqua, the guy who keeps repeating that everyone here should support RPG devs for there to be more RPGs, constantly shitting on this game and saying he's gonna pirate it? Is it because it's made by non-american devs?
No, it's because games where strength=/=damage and constitution=/=hp are too hard for his brian.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Because he is a retarded. It is known. Just ignore him and treat him like forum's fool like we all do.

He is here for our entertainment with his antics. Once upon the time Hiver was but he is a changed man now.

Maybe best on 'Dex but it has no chance to beat Original Sin games as far as general public is concerned. Lack of MP and lack of quirkiness is what kills it for most of the casuals. Also P:KM will have way more numbers and more complex mechanics behind the game.

yes, I agree with all of this. The numbers and depth is what I am very excited and hopeful about. I am thinking that maybe this game will do well over a long period of time if it can bring people who have given up on these type of games being made in the modern age. I don't expect it to do better than games with a large casual appeal, I just think it may end up being well regarded among enthusiasts. That is what I hope.

I also hope that if this is the case that perhaps modders will someday recreate many of the old DnD modules into this engine, like Against the Giants , etc, etc,...that is a long term dream of mine. I was hoping for it in the Temple of Elemental Evil engine, and would still love to see that, but that game is just too hard for anybody to mod and at best we will only get partial projects from very dedicated fans. I am hoping perhaps this game and engine might provide that, however small the chance. However, even if it just provides a good, deep D&D based CRPG, I will be quite satisfied. Any future related content will be a bonus. Modders recreating AD&D modules would be a dream, and while I don't expect it to actually occur, I have some small hope it might.

ArchAngel

Arcane

yes, I agree with all of this. The numbers and depth is what I am very excited and hopeful about. I am thinking that maybe this game will do well over a long period of time if it can bring people who have given up on these type of games being made in the modern age. I don't expect it to do better than games with a large casual appeal, I just think it may end up being well regarded among enthusiasts. That is what I hope.

I also hope that if this is the case that perhaps modders will someday recreate many of the old DnD modules into this engine, like Against the Giants , etc, etc,...that is a long term dream of mine. I was hoping for it in the Temple of Elemental Evil engine, and would still love to see that, but that game is just too hard for anybody to mod and at best we will only get partial projects from very dedicated fans. I am hoping perhaps this game and engine might provide that, however small the chance. However, even if it just provides a good, deep D&D based CRPG, I will be quite satisfied. Any future related content will be a bonus. Modders recreating AD&D modules would be a dream, and while I don't expect it to actually occur, I have some small hope it might.
Did they announce modding tools for P:KM?

ortucis

Prophet
After Bard's Tale 4, I wonder how many Codexer's are going to rush in and buy this on day-1.

I'll add it to wishlist and wait for the drama.

Dodo1610

Arcane

Did they announce modding tools for P:KM?

No toolset or modding tools

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom