Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sounds good. I've taken a look at the Kingmaker campaign books, and it certainly looks interesting. There's multiple books, each with their own problem to solve. The big bad threat is far in the background of most, and does not actually show up until the end. The idea of building a kingdom of your own is, unsurprisingly, the most appealing part of the whole thing.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Can't we just replace the spinning pie slices indicators with something different or is this a genre trope and must have?

sstacks

Arcane
I don't care what type of character I make during Alpha, so reply here with your preference and whatever trends the strongest I'll make. Remember these are Pathfinder classes, not D&D classes.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I don't care what type of character I make during Alpha, so reply here with your preference and whatever trends the strongest I'll make. Remember these are Pathfinder classes, not D&D classes.
Make a Magus or an Oracle. If Oracle, take the dual-cursed archetype and take Clouded Vision and Deafened curses. Heavens mystery for that sweet flight. Be a flying deaf blind servant of the gods.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Make a Magus or an Oracle. If Oracle, take the dual-cursed archetype and take Clouded Vision and Deafened curses. Heavens mystery for that sweet flight. Be a flying deaf blind servant of the gods.
From what I seen Oracle is not in the game yet. But Magus is.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
From what I seen Oracle is not in the game yet. But Magus is.
Goddammit

Nice hair

NOOOOOOOOT

Edit: Goddamn I can't stand this twitch shit, I hold out as much as I could still I think the game looks great and the gameplay for what little I saw doesn't look that bad and everything's fine, everything's beautiful, everything's great, I just feel so good

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Nice hair

NOOOOOOOOT

Edit: Goddamn I can't stand this twitch shit, I hold out as much as I could still I think the game looks great and the gameplay for what little I saw doesn't look that bad and everything's fine, everything's beautiful, everything's great, I just feel so good

That's the reality we live in.
That's how real gamers look now.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Any tasteful rape romance shown yet?
There is couple, a CE male half orc and CG female (don't know the race, human probably). When you talk to them they got a different perception on their relationship and, well, they offer you "options" :D

sstacks

Arcane
Game options and character creation in the Closed Alpha version of Pathfinder: Kingmaker.

Things Owlcat Games asked me to mention:
Alpha means incomplete. Not all content and features are fully implemented, not all in-game copy is perfect, there will be bugs - this game is still a work in progress.
For more information on Pathfinder: Kingmaker please visit https://goo.gl/SwTxgo

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I've played Pathfinder since its release, so maybe I'm a little too quick to notice things that differ from Paizo's rules. It looks like they changed the name of the Magus's Arcane Pool ability to Divine Weapon Bond, which is kind of shit because the Magus isn't a divine caster in any way.
Then there are a few oddballs under skills that I noticed. I understand the desire to Sawyer skills together, but I feel like they could have done a better job naming these new superskills than the boring and nondescriptive Trickery and Mobility. Knowledge: World is kind of strange as well.
Some of those spell icons look identical to the ones used back in NWN.

Ent

Savant
The feat graph at character creation is a nice touch. Also they call the arcane pool Divine weapon bond and yet they call it Arcane pool in the description?

PrettyDeadman

I've played Pathfinder since its release, so maybe I'm a little too quick to notice things that differ from Paizo's rules. It looks like they changed the name of the Magus's Arcane Pool ability to Divine Weapon Bond, which is kind of shit because the Magus isn't a divine caster in any way.
Then there are a few oddballs under skills that I noticed. I understand the desire to Sawyer skills together, but I feel like they could have done a better job naming these new superskills than the boring and nondescriptive Trickery and Mobility. Knowledge: World is kind of strange as well.
Some of those spell icons look identical to the ones used back in NWN.
Those are placeholders and/or mistyping.

ArchAngel

Arcane
From what I have watched of that stream the game looks sexy. There was some free form exploration, a fair bit of random encounters and some tougher battles (werewolf battle at lvl 2). There are hardcore rules (barbarian got blinded and streamer left her at base until he got access to a remedy).
Resting system is godlike! You need to carry rations or find special food if you want to have a good rest for everyone.

Battles just the right speed. Seems the death system is a bit less hardcore. Characters go down if they lose health during combat and get up with 1 hp after battle. But they can get a status effect that makes it that next time they go down they will die. It can only be removed by going back to base (if I understood this right)

Last edited:
Nice. I do wonder how they implemented spell combat in rtwp, which is what magus is about. Some kind of toggleable ability that lets magus cast spells while beating the shit out of someone in melee at the same time?

archaen

Cipher
Patron
Hopefully there is some way to auto script it to use one of the touch attack cantrips every round so you get your two weapon fighting.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well the rogue/wizard companion keeps autocasting a cantrip every round. Also it has a irritating casting sound, they need to lower that sound for cantrips or make it so casting cantrips only sometimes gives you a casting sound. Listening to that every battle for the whole game will be super irritating. If that shit stays, my wizards will be using crossbows like in 3.5 D&D :D

Last edited:

Ent

Savant
How I wish my dm allowed 25 point buy when we played pathfinder.

Above somebody comments they dont think the game will sell very well. I don't understand this honestly. Maybe I am totally wrong, but I am getting the feeling that this game will actually sell better than most are expecting and I would not be surprised if this turns out to be the best RPG released in the last decade or more.
Define "better". If they don't fail the overall quality, their sale numbers will be similar to titles like DOS2, Tyranny, Wasteland 2 etc.
I guess I am responding to a post a bit above my original post that suggested the game would not get any type of DLC or expansion because the game was going to have poor sales which would not justify additional content. I disagree with that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom