Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
It seems released on steam, DL started.
Thanks to 4th world internet I'll be playing next week...

PrettyDeadman

Watching Cohn stram. Millions of settings for difficulty, autopause, text logs and other random gameplay elements.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With Norwegian prices the GOG version costs the equivalent of 10€ more than the steam version. Even with the compensation for regional pricing (about 5€ in Wallet funds) the discrepancy is more than 5€. Surely that's bad business for GOG? I know that if I were planning on buying this, I'd get it on Steam, even though I prefer GOG on principle. Is GOG just more expensive in general, or is the regional pricing to blame?

Oil tax.

Edit:

Exactly the same price on both platforms for me (Swedish).

bataille

Arcane
Dang, people,
It seems that you'll have the ability to 'reform' Regognar into chaotic neutral from chaotic evil. Guess adventuring is the best psychiatric/social help available in this fantasy world.

Bocian

Arcane
It seems that you'll have the ability to 'reform' Regognar into chaotic neutral from chaotic evil. Guess adventuring is the best psychiatric/social help available in this fantasy world.
So? It's nothing new, I think in BG you could change companions' alignments.

Salvo

Arcane
Almost 20k people watching a streamer on Twitch. Big number for a niche game.

Hopefully it sells well over the next of the week.

Moink

Cipher
Not going to lie I really hate this shit

pEqc4YM.png

Salvo

Arcane

pEqc4YM.png

Just buy the Standard/Explorer edition. Anything above it only contains useless digital extras that, while cute, are again, useless. The Imperial Edition has season pass though, if you're interested.

jf8350143

Liturgist
So can I turn neutral characters into evil? Or may be even turning good characters into evil?

Most of the time you can only change somebody from evil to good.

bataille

Arcane

Well, it just reeks of how some alignments are perceived to be more desirable than others. Some random murder hobo changes the nature of a man who has been shaped into a wild animal with all his numerous experiences--all by merely gracing him with their company! Sure!

I guess it just displeases me that alignments are sometimes treated as something fluid and not the core or fundament of a person.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow. It appears there are NO REVIEWS. Decado was right?
What?

Typically, no reviews before release raises the suspicion that a game is a mess and that the developers withheld review keys from the media to hide it.

Wasn't the beta pretty enormous? I don't see how they could hide something like this, but maybe it all goes to shit after the first however many hours were already playable.

I'm 72% downloaded and have a pretty light workday, so will soon see.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Well, it just reeks of how some alignments are perceived to be more desirable than others. Some random murder hobo changes the nature of a man who has been shaped into a wild animal with all his numerous experiences--all by merely gracing him with their company! Sure!

I guess it just displeases me that alignments are sometimes treated as something fluid and not the core or fundament of a person.

But alignments are suppose to be something fluid, isn't it? People change, it just depends on how the writers handle it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

pEqc4YM.png

In terms of in-game content:

Noble = Portraits
Royal = Portraits + Pet
Imperial = Portraits + Pet + Season Pass

But it would be cheaper to wait for those things to be sold separately, probably.

Wasn't the beta pretty enormous? I don't see how they could hide something like this, but maybe it all goes to shit after the first however many hours were already playable.

Yup, hence "typically".

Suicidal

Arcane
Almost 20k people watching a streamer on Twitch. Big number for a niche game.

Hopefully it sells well over the next of the week.

It's just Cohn, he has huge numbers no matter what he plays. Last week he was streaming Bard's Tale 4 for a consistent 15-20k viewers daily.

I don't really like him (he's a bit too positive IMO) but he's a good source for some day 1 unedited gameplay footage for new games, which is much more useful to me than any review.

bataille

Arcane

But alignments are suppose to be something fluid, isn't it? People change, it just depends on how the writers handle it.

I suppose, shifting on the good-evil scale is plausable (if somewhat unlikely). Law-chaos is a completely different can of worms, though, but I think nobody is touching that in Kingmaker. We'll see, I guess.

Norfleet

Alignments are descriptivist, not prescriptivist. What can change the nature of a man?

I guess we'll finally get an answer to the age old quandary: What makes a man turn Neutral? Lust for gold? Power? Or was he just born with a heart full of neutrality?

Bocian

Arcane
If you create a character and let it be defined by alignment it has, you're making the character shallow, with no depth. No one is entirely good or entirely evil.

Just buy fucking base game. And IF you like it season pass.
Just don't buy games on release and wait for them to be playtested by people and patched.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom