Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker - RTwP incline from Owlcat Games (more like Patchfinder: Glitchmaker amirite?)

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by MicoSelva, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    Hm my UI is fine.

Still have stacking bug though.

^ Top  
  2. hexer Arcane

hexer
    Parrots:
    OK it seems latest patch fixed lots of big and small bugs.
    I presume this is 1.1 they promised?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 2
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. hexer Arcane

hexer
    Parrots:
    Amiri's AC? Is that from her sword?

^ Top  
  4. glass blackbird Learned Patron

glass blackbird
    Parrots:
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
    More specifically the patch broke sound on Windows, and other bugs have been windows only as well, which makes you wonder why they don't have at least one computer with a windows partition to see, hey, can this fucking program work on the most common operating system in the world?

They said that this patch will only stop the stacking from increasing and a later patch will restore original stats, lol

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    They already fixed sound.

Yeah I was hoping they already fixed that and restored my characters (177 AC Valerie, +21545 acid damage amiri, 1 CON Harrim and 1 WIS Linzi)

Not that it would help since I still can't progress through game due to plot bug, but at least I could begin another playthough :M

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Hamster Arcane Patron

Hamster
    Parrots:
    Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
    Nope, this is the hotfix to the previous hotfix. :lol:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. glass blackbird Learned Patron

glass blackbird
    Parrots:
    Well, according to them, you can begin a new playthrough, as stacking will no longer happen... they just didn't fix, you know, all the people who already have fucked stats.

But yeah, I know they fixed the sound thing now, I'm just saying how the hell could anyone possibly miss that, ever? Just open the game and see if it works, you don't even need a QA team for that

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    Parrots:
    How is this possible? Did they change it since release? Because mine has been shit since Day 1.
    At this point, I'm unironically assuming that they don't do any QA whatsoever. As in literally zero. I think the entire team is in crunch mode just trying to fix shit, with little practical application or consideration. They probably don't even bother opening up the distribution version. If they boot up anything at all, it's just to confirm that whatever they were working on has been fixed and then moving on to the next one.

As much as I can shit on Owlcat for a number of reasons, I think there's some kind of disconnect between the systems/programming guys - the code-monkeys and such - and the writers and the "face" of Owlcat and the administration, because one seem driven and competent while the others are SocJus trash-monkeys that make poor executive decisions over and over.

The rate at which the patching crew is working is honestly frightening and I'm starting to suspect that they are nowhere near in control of the situation. October Revolution at Owlcat when?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Parrots:
    Yeah, playing a magus here is finicky as hell if you want to make the most of spellcombat, and RtwP does nothing to help. Except I will have to disagree with you on point 1. I also tested this and it does work, one extra attack is granted if you autocast a touch spell. I have no idea why it does not work that way for you. I tested this repeatedly with my own character, maybe the half-orc magus is broken somehow? Or the second strike might be missing if the target dies when hit the first time? On point 3, the reason for this is to combine it with full attack and then fish for a critical. Normal touch spells only crit on a 20, spellstrike crits on weapon critical range. While it may not target touch AC, it will get more attacks to connect.

^ Top  
  10. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    Parrots:
    Yeah, I would say no game did spell UI better than Icewind Dale 2 yet (or NWN2 if you put spellbook on screen open), the MMO hotbars are kinda worthless. PoE did it correctly too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Cyberarmy Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    So this is really the end for my sorcerers group then :/ I think I'll just wait 22nd and its hotfixes...

^ Top  
  12. Thonius Arbiter

Thonius
    Parrots:
    Eh you can always momirize haste from scroll's ( thye are pretty common) what you should pick is some wacky spells and check your inventory before leveling. Nothing like learning fireball spell on level up only to discover scroll in your inventory.
    Edit: Spell-book overlays or go home!

• Yes Yes x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. glass blackbird Learned Patron

glass blackbird
    Parrots:
    Heir to the legacy of Ruins of Myth Drannor

• No No x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Cyberarmy Arcane Patron

Cyberarmy
    Parrots:
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    This and Gothic 3 has no heirs. Maybe Dungeon Lords too

^ Top  
  15. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Parrots:
    Comrades, Im really disappointed with this petit burguesoi ways of complaning about bugs.

The new man of the glorious revolution shouldnt let small things like not being able to play the game they paid for affect their revolutionary fervor, otherwise we would be like those weak willed westerns with their bug free stable games.

Where is the strengh into not enduring hardship? Bugs make you strong and more resilient, that is comrade Stalin ways.

• Salute x 8
    • Funny x 6
    • Yes x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    Parrots:
    On a completely unrelated topic, is anyone using teamwork feats? I'm the kind of player that like to change my characters out based on what I'm doing, so my set for going to the Trolls was almost completely different from my "main" set of characters, so I don't feel like I want to invest in teamwork feats aside maybe from "obvious" and ever-present (in my group) combos such as Octavia/Rorgangar, but those are also the exact people that are extremely feat-starved, so it just doesn't happen. At the same time, by the time I stopped playing (lvl 8) after the Trolls, I felt like I was running out of feats for some characters, so I may be more or less "forced" to take teamwork feats, I dunno.

If I could scale everything down ~20% or so, increase the size of the log, and have some permanently open space specifically for abilities and my belt, I'd be happy to open up my spell-bar separately every time I want to cast a spell, but right now, since you also only can have one item from a stack in the belt at a time, even though you can easily move things from the backpack to the belt, is horseshit.

It's a major contributor to why I'm practically not using my belt at all. Since it's a constantly-changing thing, I tend to just forget about it, since it's basically of circumstantial importance.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Parrots:
    Reading about all these new bugs for once makes me happy I'm stuck with two versions out of date linux gog game, unlike the rest of you playtesters players.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    Parrots:
    You joke, but I wish I was a playtester - at least then I'd know that submitting bug reports was meant to actually help, and the developers would actually appreciate the contribution as the community could work together in order to create a polished product.

Owlcat is the opposite of that.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Fedora Master Arbiter

Fedora Master
    Parrots:
    So what you're saying is that if we uninstall PF now it'll delete Windows too?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    When I used autocast and clicked on enemy, my guy would cast it and run up to enemy and attack. Then he would stand there for x seconds, cast it again and attack once and then again keep waiting with icon of the autocast spell in his queue. When I use it manually, I get the spell icon in his queue and after it is cast, he has the attack icon in queue and does two attacks until round ends.
    EDIT: with manual casting even things like this worked: Cast spell and deliver it with attack but that attack kills the target, I immediately target next adjacent target and that second attack happens on that new target. With autocast on, changing targets just puts Autocast spell in his queue and he does nothing.

• Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    Parrots:
    I rate this post [​IMG] .

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Fenix Cipher Vatnik

Fenix
    Parrots:
    I'm fucking laughing my ass off - 3.5 Gb patch that broke sounds needs patch 5 Gb to fix it all...
    What the FUCK are you doing please stop ahahaa

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Luckmann Arcane Zionist Agent

Luckmann
    Parrots:
    Still no patch up on GOG.

:shitposting:

• incline incline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. hexer Arcane

hexer
    Parrots:
    ?!

On Steam it was a 1MB hotfix to fix the sound bug

^ Top  
  25. glass blackbird Learned Patron

glass blackbird
    Parrots:
    It's because the patch deleted most of the sound files and then downloaded them all again to a new, incorrect location (this is why some sounds still played). And to fix that, they did it again a second time but with ALL the sound files, to make sure it would be fixed.

It's dumb as hell

edit: if you had already moved the sound files the new patch fixing the sound bug shouldn't be too big, since Steam will check the files, see they are fine and in the right place, and not download new ones

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)