Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Father Foreskin

Learned
There is 17k people playing this and you cant even finish it? Must be a fucking promising game then considering the genre.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There is 17k people playing this and you cant even finish it? Must be a fucking promising game then considering the genre.
It is, and also the early part of the game is relatively bug-free. Pretty much every conversation on the Steam forums involves someone saying this game is great and people are just overestimating all the bugs, there arent any, then they get a bit further and understand what people are talking about. Repeat ad nauseum

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
How the hell do I beat Vordakai, he keeps fingering my main char to death:lol:, he doesnt attack anyone else but my main, so I get insta killed as soon as Tristian leaves.

hell bovine

Arcane
Bob the alchemist has finally made it Baron Bob! (admittedly I didn't think far ahead when I named him :lol:)
And now he will be going on a longer vacation, until a reasonably stable patch status is achieved. (so probably next year...)

Anyone looking for an alchemist portrait, I am using this one:
the_alchemist_by_grafit_art-dbm0kxj.jpg

PrettyDeadman

Pope Amole II your min max builds are getting questioned for their mix maxiness!

Oh, that's just a dumbfuck who watches video with is ass and then complains. I was clearly stating that I'm reviewing all the spells and then picking up whatever just to move on quickly. No, fucker has to show off just how smart he is. Well, 2015 is so 2015.
I have legit question about yor build videos.
Are they pure theorycrafting? Or do you take into account game's content? Like what types of enemies your fight on what character levels, what type of gear you can find and etc?
Have you actually beatem the game?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Pope Amole II your min max builds are getting questioned for their mix maxiness!

Oh, that's just a dumbfuck who watches video with is ass and then complains. I was clearly stating that I'm reviewing all the spells and then picking up whatever just to move on quickly. No, fucker has to show off just how smart he is. Well, 2015 is so 2015.
Question:
Why do you think arcane bond: item is bad?
+4 initiative or w/e from familar is good, but getting to cast your best spell twice seems even better to me, especially early/mid game.

Additionally: what is your opinion on heighten metamagic? +1 DC to all spells at the low cost of extra micromanagement and one feat seems pretty good.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
How the hell do I beat Vordakai, he keeps fingering my main char to death:lol:, he doesnt attack anyone else but my main, so I get insta killed as soon as Tristian leaves.
Death ward cleric spells, and that's not guaranteed still.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
I have legit question about yor build videos.
Are they pure theorycrafting?

Ofc they are pure theorycrafting! Playing RPGs is for pansies and I'm a real man.

Why do you think arcane bond: item is bad?
+4 initiative or w/e from familar is good, but getting to cast your best spell twice seems even better to me, especially early/mid game.

Because wizards are mostly good in CC and going first matters a lot for CC. I can understand Diviner going for bond but that's that. And you already have plenty of spellcasts so quality of those casts matters much more than quantity.

deuxhero

Arcane
Arcane Bond's main weakness in PNP is getting stolen or broken, neither of which is much of an issue here. Familiar's main boon in PNP is scouting (even just minimal risk "fly overhead and tell me if you see anything of interest" is huge in wilderness campaigns), share spells, touch attack deliver, using wands and some Improved Familiar options (Arbiter can combine its regeneration with a wand of Shield Other and double the entire party's HP, Fairy/Tidepool Dragon can cast on their own.) and I understand most, if not all, of those are absent.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Also in most fights you have an opening salvo so INI really has nothing to do with "quality of spells". It would have been way more useful if game was TB.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
I fucking did it, thank god for the people who discovered how to edit the save files, I gave myself 2000 hitpoints and that prick Vordakai still hit me for 700hp. It seems that some enemies get the same stat bonus bug and they get ridiculous stats, I've seen some people on steam that get enemies with 2000AC in Pitax, what a fucking disaster:lol:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Also in most fights you have an opening salvo so INI really has nothing to do with "quality of spells". It would have been way more useful if game was TB.
Some of the hardest fights you have to fight for init though (pretty much every boss battle so far for instance), so I really can see that as a huge deal: getting to do an instant cast of web or some other cc can easily turn the tide (although I find a summoning spell to be even better).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Some of the hardest fights you have to fight for init though (pretty much every boss battle so far for instance), so I really can see that as a huge deal: getting to do an instant cast of web or some other cc can easily turn the tide (although I find a summoning spell to be even better).
You can pre-summon and pre-web as well.

I'd say the one fight in the game which puts you into some obvious disadvantage is end fight at Chapter III. Although you still get a few seconds to do something after
teleport

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom