Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shadenuat

Arcane
the stacking bug is fixed everywhere

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Patch notes:

Блять, только бы эта хуета сработала, а то нам пизда
fixed

Google translation:

"Fuck, if only this fuck worked, otherwise we’ve got a cunt"

thinking.png

L'Montes

Educated
For people curious about the "changing capital" aspect, it was one of the early funding goals on Kickstarter that they hit:

ScKvnCL.jpg

I think, for most of us, the capital is still the same dirthole with a tent, etc. that you unlock post-Stag Lord. And if this promise is meant to reflect just the "Sim City" view of static low-poly models on a tiny grid.... well...

Andnjord

Arcane
By the way, if you're not interested in Valerie (which my current all custom party definitely isn't), the paladin letter-writter drops:
Full plate, Heavy flail, Heavy shield, ring of protection and amulet of natural armor, all +2

Well worth killing some holy man I say :incline:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I want to stress what bullshit it is that Magus/Eldritch Scion/Eldritch Archer have a much more restricted spell-list than Sorcerers and Wizards.

A Magus doesn't get Mage Armor? An Eldritch Archer doesn't get Hurricane Bow, actually gets Ray of Enfeeblement but not Ray of Sickening? Those two rays are the only ranged touch attacks existing for arcane casters on lvl 1, and Eldritch Archers gets one but not the other? Nevermind no Touch of Gracelessness for Magus, who relies on Touch-spells, meaning Eldritch Archers can't put Reach on it (since they rely on Range Touch Attacks)?

Horseshit, I say.
A Magus can get all of those spells though.
At level 19 :troll:

Luckmann

No mage armour for magus here either. It should make for a dangerous Dex build with the shield spell.
You really don't get much from Mage Armor unless you're a Sword Saint, though, because your Armor prof lets you ignore Arcane failure chance.
True, but I still think it's a strange spell for them not to have. But the other spells that are missing is far more annoying and strange.

Regongar gets Mage Armor as a Bloodline spell, so at least Blue dragon Eldritch Scion has it.

Jinn

Arcane
Sup with Russians and not documenting patch features? Anyone try this 664.2mb patch out yet?

Edit: Nevermind. Found this on the Steam Forums.

The 3.9 GB yesterday (there were actually two in quick succession) was a fix to prevent the item stacking bug from getting worse. The reason that it was so large (for windows users) is because it moved all the sound files from the correct folder in Windows to the correct folder for Mac and Linux. The second patch moved the files back. The Stream patching file doesn't support moving files, so if a developer needs to move a file all they can do is delete the original instance and redownload it in the correct location -- thus, the large size of the patches.

The patch today is to fix the item stacking bug for existing saves.

Yesterday's patches weren't intended to change anything other than the stacking bug.

Today's patch might include other fixes (the developers haven't specifically commented one way or the other), but based on other comments is likely also a single prupose patch.

too many lore dumps
Starting a new tabletop RPG campaign is a bit like joining an complicated polyamorous relationship
p-the-big-lebowski-john-goodman.jpg

What is the availability of arcane scrolls in chapters +2? Trying to decide between giving a sorceress a new roll or trying a wizard instead.
I've been having a horrible fucking time finding arcane scrolls in chapter 2. Found a rapist hermit wizard and was excited to finally be able to buy a fuckton of scrolls and fill up my spellbook and the bastard had 5 (five) different scrolls for sale, 4 of which were spells I already knew.

Quick blogpost of my ongoing adventures because why the fuck not. Romped around adventuring, did some city management, took something like 3-4 kingdom hits to my stats because of spiders because unlike every other event/job/whatever in kingdom management, annexing a chunk of territory forces time advancement. Just barely made it under the wire to stop the curse before the doomsday clock ended but still a little pissed about the kingdom damage. Running around dealing with trolls and picking up two new companions now, trolls being immune to fire would be scarier if they didn't get knocked on their asses by regular attacks anyway and then my wizard can acid splash cantrip them for 1 damage to finish 'em. I'm mystified at finding a metamagic rod of engorgement which seemingly allows me to jack spells up with metamagic feats a limited number per-day without taking higher spell slots which feels crazy good. Just doubles the duration which isn't as flashy as some shit but having a double length haste is a-ok. Been really pleasantly surprised with all the companions. Personality-wise the only one I really want to murder is Octavia and I mostly enjoy the rest, and gameplay-wise I want almost everyone in my party. Starting to seriously consider how I want my party to shake out and considering cutting some useful party members like Amiri to try shit out like the alchemist or ranger. Still really fucking want to get Nok-nok since I want to see how Avellone's character pans out and because some sneak attacks would feel good.

Maybe RPS is right. Maybe wanting to play with all these character builds and different classes means something deeper. :mhd:

hell bovine

Arcane
New patch just dropped on steam? Lets hope we get notes this time

Don't have time for notes on this wild ride.
But at least you will be able to tell your grandkids:
I have survived the Great Patchmaker Wave of 2018; back then we had no manuals, no notes, no nothing to shelter us from the storm of hotfixes, crashing upon us in a torrential rain of chaos and destruction...

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
For people curious about the "changing capital" aspect, it was one of the early funding goals on Kickstarter that they hit:

ScKvnCL.jpg

I think, for most of us, the capital is still the same dirthole with a tent, etc. that you unlock post-Stag Lord. And if this promise is meant to reflect just the "Sim City" view of static low-poly models on a tiny grid.... well...
lmfao

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

Thonius

Arcane
22th is the date guys! It will be alright! It will be the day when USSR will reach comunism .world peace achivied, space travel when Pathfinder will be totally fixed and bug free! Just you wait and see!

hiciacit

Liturgist
Finally got chance to try this game out. Spent a couple of hours in the character generation interface. That was unexpected. Good stuff! Had only about an hour left to play the game afterwards, and I honestly can't wait to play some more.

The game is still quite rough around the edges, though, and not exactly forthcoming with useful information. Sure, lots of Pathfinder PnP info to be had online, but I'd like to know what they included or changed for the cRPG version before I start. Oh wait, they included a manual of sorts in the installation folder, PFKM-reference_document.pdf! Let's see what they did with the PrCs ... only info on the Arcane Trickster. Hmm, the sorcerer maybe? No entry. Ok, what about this Universalist Spell Focus, that's mainly what I wanted to know anyway? Nothing.
Nevermind, I'll just wing it, I'll probably restart again anyway. Half an hour in, I'm staring at this, and I have no idea whatsoever what is happening here. I have to admit I never played any Pathfinder, and it's been a while since I played any DnD, so maybe someone else can explain it to me.

ehdD0Ky.png

I'd love to play some more, but I'm inclined to hold off for a while longer now.

jerfdr

Educated
According to Steamspy the game has owners in the 100 000 to 200 000 range.
This could outsell Deadfire, or possibly already has.
The same was true for Deadfire. The time to gloat is if it reaches the 200,000 to 300,000 bracket, unlike Deadfire (though according to the leak, it's sold 203,000 copies as of July).

At the moment Pathfinder: Kingmaker has 3963 reviews on Steam (in two weeks after its release), while Deadfire has 3871 reviews (in five months after its release). Obviously it's not a very solid metric, but I guess it's still a weak indicator that Kingmaker probably sold more copies than Deadfire already. For comparison, Divinity: Original Sin 2 has ~35000 reviews by now and e.g. Witcher 3 has ~170000 reviews; Wasteland 2 is at ~7400 and PoE1 is at ~12600.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom