Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

gestalt11

Arbiter
want to fucking play this so fucking bad but said I'd wait for a patch but now I see all you fuckers in here playing it and it makes me want to play so is the game playable now? I feel like I could start now and stay ahead of the bugs but don't know if that is just wishful thinking/delusion caused by lack of i n c l i n e

If you did so you need understand that certain build compositions are simply not workable and getting around various other bugs will require circumspect saves and reloads. Certain things are currently not possible, some companions quests are not completeable and if you don't complete them

they will become unusable in an endgame fight leaving you missing members of your party

So it is doable, but you need to be very careful in your choices and it requires a decent amount of spoilery research.

bataille

Arcane
I forgot this game was a thing.

How do you like it? I'm not reading 300 pages and last few only talk about bugs.

Some oldfag tell me if I should try it.

I've given around 1000 incline ratings in this thread alone. By the looks of it, there are many thousands of them in here. There's been a bit of disillusionment on account of very broken second half of the game, though, but otherwise it's on par with IE stuff.

gestalt11

Arbiter
How are you guys successfully theorycrafting without knowing which exotic feats and abilities are bugged?

Isn't it safer to use the story NPCs because they've been tested a bit?

No most of the story NPCs are quite bugged and the classes they use are also bugged. For example Tristian is an ecclesithurge and the domain mechanic of being able to slot their primary domain into non-domain slots is bugged and does not work.

This is quite singificant since a Domain like Fire gives you Fireball and a Fire primary ecclistheurge can double as an evocation blaster if it actually worked.
Tristian's Primary Domain is Good, not Fire, and it works fine for me.

However, Tristian does not have a secondary domain at all. He has - as all Ecclesitheurges do - access to all the domain spells of his deity (Sarenrae: Fire, Glory, Good, Healing, Sun). But he flat-out doesn't have a secondary domain, meaning that he never gets a secondary domain power.

But if he did, it would most likely be Healing.

Are you sure Good actually works? It can be highly confusing since domains like Good have spells that are normal cleric spells anyway and will in fact slot in non-domain as primary. I tested this with a theurge of Abadar with Protection primary and travel secondary and "Protection from Spells" would not slot in non-domain. Possibly this is due to being also in Travel? But I am pretty sure I tried stoneskin as well which did not work.

Either way the main point is that things never really got tested and the best thing to do if you want to play is try out every build you consider via hacking the save file, find one that is not too bugged and do that for now. In some ways using mercenaries is actually less bugged because it can get around some bugs in the NPC quests.
Actually, I checked, and you're correct, I apologize. I was indeed confused due to the fact that most Good spells (and several other domain spells) already appear as regular spells on the given level (essentially "replacing" the "normal" (and identical) version of that spell on a given level).

However, Good gains "Protection From Evil, Communal" on lvl 2, and it can indeed not be slotted into a non-Domain slot, and it's not just Tristian being bugged, it's apparently simply all Ecclesitheurges. It's bad enough that only like half of all Domain Spells are actually worthwile (seriously, why the fuck would Healing get "Cure Serious Wounds" on lvl 3? You can literally cast Cure Serious Wounds spontaneously, even!) but now even the basic function of the Ecclesitheurge is shot. What a croc of shit.
I forgot this game was a thing.

How do you like it? I'm not reading 300 pages and last few only talk about bugs.

Some oldfag tell me if I should try it.
Great game. Bugged to shit. Play if desperate. Wait if not.

It is actually even more bugged than you think. If you take Abadar you get nobility which will give you Heroism at level 4. If you go mystical theurge yout get Heroism at level 4 from the wizard side of things as a level 4 spell due to the 1 level bump from corssing over spells. But the domain behavior will override the wizard spell and make Heroism only slottable into the domain slot and sabotage your mytic theurge ability for that spell.

I don't blame them for not catching that one, its a rather obscure corner case that requires like 3 things to line up.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
want to fucking play this so fucking bad but said I'd wait for a patch but now I see all you fuckers in here playing it and it makes me want to play so is the game playable now? I feel like I could start now and stay ahead of the bugs but don't know if that is just wishful thinking/delusion caused by lack of i n c l i n e

I started a new playthrough a few days ago. Just took care of troll trouble in act 2–level 7–and so far the bugs have been relatively minor. I’m hoping I can drag the next part out for a week until the upcoming patch. But if you start right now, you’ll probably be fine (as long as you don’t play for 6 or 7 hours a day every day), assuming the upcoming mega patch actually fixes a lot of the late game stuff without breaking anything major.

I don’t think I’ve heard anyone say they actually regretted starting the game now, even the guys who’ve made it to act 4 and beyond where the bugs apparently become terrible. Also, the part of the game that’s NOT broken is longer than Deadfire, so there’s plenty of content that’s pretty clean.

Ranarama

Learned
There's also Dinosaur bones for that improved enlarge. Annoyingly they get sold if you use the auto-sell offer button.

Yosharian

Arcane
Not to defend that retard journo that cannot find B key, but the game does have issues explaining its options to the players. It took me 75+ hours to figure out two super useful things:
1. If you hold Ctrl while using left click your character only moves and you cannot select other characters with that mouse click.. I wish I knew this from 1st hour because often it was so irritating and I had to play pixel hunting to move my guys without select other my guys

2. When you choose an AoE spell to cast and click its center of effect you can actually change that center at any point before the spell is cast. The trick is to have the original caster selected and then there is an icon over the place you selected as center. That icon can be clicked and position changed.
Of course it has its issues. You can't even see detailed information on spells. For example, the Fey Bloodline references Compulsion spells, but there's no in-game way of figuring out what is and isn't a Compulsion spell, you have to go to D20PFSRD and use the advanced spell search, hardly something a newbie would be able to do.

No one's saying the game doesn't have issues.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Great game. Bugged to shit. Play if desperate. Wait if not.

If you did so you need understand that certain build compositions are simply not workable and getting around various other bugs will require circumspect saves and reloads. Certain things are currently not possible, some companions quests are not completeable and if you don't complete them
So it is doable, but you need to be very careful in your choices and it requires a decent amount of spoilery research.

assuming the upcoming mega patch actually fixes a lot of the late game stuff without breaking anything major.

guess I'll just wait some more and play Seeker Slayer Survivor in the meantime

:badnews:

Sykar

Arcane
How are you guys successfully theorycrafting without knowing which exotic feats and abilities are bugged?

No most of the story NPCs are quite bugged and the classes they use are also bugged. For example Tristian is an ecclesithurge and the domain mechanic of being able to slot their primary domain into non-domain slots is bugged and does not work.

This is quite singificant since a Domain like Fire gives you Fireball and a Fire primary ecclistheurge can double as an evocation blaster if it actually worked.

However, Tristian does not have a secondary domain at all. He has - as all Ecclesitheurges do - access to all the domain spells of his deity (Sarenrae: Fire, Glory, Good, Healing, Sun). But he flat-out doesn't have a secondary domain, meaning that he never gets a secondary domain power.

Edit: I am fucking wrong.

Is him lacking a domain a bug or a feature of his class?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

They should have hotfixed this weeks ago:

0XYQdpx.png

yNAjgHp.png

thinking.png

Mark Richard

Arcane
None of the slav-themed memes convince me to throw caution to the wind, nor the tantalising promise that this is the isometric CRPG for folks who hate Pillars (and Kingdom Come is the open world RPG for folks who hate Skyrim... what a strange and magical year). I don't know what's so hard about putting your paychecks in the bank, scheduling an annual dentist appointment, and not playing Pathfinder until its ready.

Ibbz

Augur
Guess I'm paying the karma for abusingi immortal amiri. That naga was bullshit though.
Now game isn't progressing after raiding pitax. i only got a couple of events saying "pitax is winning"...

I had those too and even a "Pitax is victorious" event.
I dunno if it's a bug or not, but it won't be a showstopper

Regarding Chapter 7 -

How did you find dealing with the Wild Hunt Scouts in Nyrissa's palace? They have a paralysis aura with a high DC Will save that turns every battle into a huge chore. Free action doesn't seem to work either.

Also, for anyone elses benefit as I imagine Owlcat won't make this any easier as part of the Pitax fixes - there's a specific kingdom event that will mess you up if you're not prepared for it in Chapter 7 -

Make sure your General is a very high rank as you'll eventually run into a problem ('The Fog') with a 38 DC that stays around until its solved (only solvable by the General), reducing Stability (and i think Community / Loyalty ) by 3 every 7 days and it takes 14 days to attempt to solve it each time you try - and the longer it takes to solve, the more likely your advisor stats start to drop, starting the kingdom death spiral

Shadenuat

Arcane
Regarding Chapter 7 -

How did you find dealing with the Wild Hunt Scouts in Nyrissa's palace? They have a paralysis aura with a high DC Will save that turns every battle into a huge chore. Free action doesn't seem to work either.

Free Action absolutely worked for me as far as I got at killing elfs. But honestly this ability feels bugged to me, it has no name/description in log too. Holy Aura/Shield of Law doesn't work either and I'm pretty sure it should count as Mind-Affecting AND these creatures are Chaotic from what I've seen in d20.

Ibbz

Augur
Regarding Chapter 7 -

Free Action absolutely worked for me as far as I got at killing elfs. But honestly this ability feels bugged to me, it has no name/description in log too. Holy Aura/Shield of Law doesn't work either and I'm pretty sure it should count as Mind-Affecting AND these creatures are Chaotic from what I've seen in d20.
I have Harrim equipped with a mace that provides the ability and he still gets paralysed - it might just be a bug with the abilities / effects from equipped weapons not working. (Then again, the aura might have been broken as part of one of the hot fixes and free action no longer works against it?)

Andnjord

Arcane
Reports from the Tomb:

That's one demon dead and several Soul Eaters that will haunt me for the night.

I mean, the game even kept telling me not to tell them my name...:deadtroll:

Codex Year of the Donut
Reports from the Tomb:

That's one demon dead and several Soul Eaters that will haunt me for the night.

I mean, the game even kept telling me not to tell them my name...:deadtroll:
they really dropped the ball on this
even if you don't tell anyone your name, one of the sisters(?) eventually just yells it out anyways for the crow to hear.
and the consequences aren't even interesting

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Edit: I am fucking wrong.

Is him lacking a domain a bug or a feature of his class?
Bug. Ecclesitheurges are supposed to get a Primary Domain and a Secondary Domain. Tristian only has 1 Primary Domain, and it doesn't work properly (nor does it work properly for any other Ecclesitheurge).

Regular Clerics just get two Domains, both equal.
Crusaders and Herald Callers only get one domain, IIRC.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
they're still fixing the flintlock grasslands and amiri stuff? how broken can a quest be

Codex Year of the Donut
they're still fixing the flintlock grasslands and amiri stuff? how broken can a quest be
I went back after I completed it and everything reset and it wanted me to do it again.

So I'm guessing: really broken.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom