Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Thonius

Arcane
isn't there a bard spell that increases perception and/or increases skill check chances?
Inspire Competence gives bonuses to all skills, yeah. There are also the Perception goggles and Guidance that you can use to buff with.

Aye, those were the ones I was using, except for the Song, my party doesn't have a bard.
Potion of heroism. Aid eh what else. Some other cleric spells work too. Owl's wisdom + merchant sells googles with +5 perception.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Hearthy Meal: +1 all saves
Favored: Regongar (!?)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seasoned Wings and Thighs: +1 temporary hit points per character level
Favored: Amiri: +2 to confirm critical rolls (means when you crit threat your to hit is +2)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeweled Rice: +1 all saves
Favored: Jaethal: +5 bonus movement (stacks)
Haggis: +1 all saves
Favored: Harrim: +3 to will saves
Shepherd's Pie: +1 all saves
Favored: Tristian: +1d6 to positive channeling
Sweet Pancakes: +5 movement
Favored: Linzi: +5 extra movement (stacks)
Rice-n-Nut Pudding: +5 movement
Favored: Octavia: +1d6 to sneak attack (stacks with all other sneak attacks)
Onion Soup: +1 all saves
Favored: Jublinost: +3 all skills that have at least 1 rank in them
Galt Ragout: +4 hours before needing rest (invaluable to saving time)
Favored: Valerie: reduce penalty for fighting defensively
Grilled Silver Eel: +10 movement
Favored: Jublinost: +5 to trickery skill
Fish-on-a-Stick: +4 hours before needing rest (invaluable to saving time)
Favored: none
Succulent Sausage: +1 temporary hit point per character level
Favored: Rogongar: +2 concentration and to overcome spell resistance saves
Hunter's Roast: +3 knowledge (nature) checks
Favored: Ekundayo (!?)
Monster Casserole: +2 bonus on damage rolls for a day
Favored: Amiri: +5 on Athletics checks for a day
Smoked Trout and Hydra Pate: +1 bonus to AC for a day
Favored: Valerie: +5 on Athletics checks for a day
Chocolate Ice Cream: +3 bonus to all skill checks for a day
Favored: Linzy: +5 bonus on Knowledge (World) skill checks
Spider Legs: !?
Favored: Nok-Nok
Cheese Crostata: + 6 hours of travel without fatigue
Favored: Harrim +5 on Lore (Religion) checks
Hunter Feast: 1 temporary HP pr level
Favored:
Mastadon Steak: 1,5 temporary HP or level
Favored:
Owl Bear Omelet: +1 attack rolls / 1 day
Favored: Ekundayo +5 on Lore (Nature) check

Edit: The list is compiled from Steam's postings

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
The developers have went into overtime banning criticism after the last patch on steam.

I actually like the game, but their unprofessional behavior is making me reconsider my positive review.
The developers aren't the ones actively moderating the steam forums you fucking inbred. Stick to the Pillars thread.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
what did they do now?

They've been suppressing any criticism of the game in the steam forums. Say anything too negative and they ban you and delete your posts.

I made a civil thread asking them to reconsider using hotfixes and to properly test their patches, and was banned for a month. Some other guy said the companion writing was cringy, and got a permanent ban.

Morkar Left

what did they do now?

They've been suppressing any criticism of the game in the steam forums. Say anything too negative and they ban you and delete your posts.

I made a civil thread asking them to reconsider using hotfixes and to properly test their patches, and was banned for a month. Some other guy said the companion writing was cringy, and got a permanent ban.

It's their right to do this after all. It's my right on the other hand to give a negative "review" because the game is unplayable because of all the bugs.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
what did they do now?

I just looked at the Steam forums and there is still plenty of criticism being written.

RegionalHobo

Scholar
this thread seems to have died down in the last few days.. either people are too busy playing or they have abandoned this game and are eagerly awaiting fallout 76

people are just waiting for the bugs to be fixed, the hotfixes rollercoaster is too much and the end game is really unplayable.

i can t speak for others but what made me wait was
that faggot lander ressurected

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yes they are. They're treating it like a safe space where no criticism is allowed.
Go back in your hole evil creature,go back to hades!!!
You are in dire need of some orthodox exorcism!
h91074FC1

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The cooking is the most stupid part of this game. It is tacked on because of deadfire....most likely. It make sense not being able to rest while having all kind food with you,while needing supplies :roll:. really hate pointless crafting systems,that take place and are useless. In bard's tale 4 was even worst,you will endup with two pages of pointless crap that you only use for wheel offerings. Also why the fuck they need a recipe for fried chicken,even nergros can do fry a fucking chicken!!!

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finally could put more hours into the game. Played through the first chapter with my 2-hander. It was much, much easier than the first chars I rolled.
So far the promised incline was delivered. My personal favorites so far were the mite stand up and the whole Stag Lord Camp. But am I the only one who felt the switch to the Kingdom Management part jarring? I just was hoping it would only be a minor thing like in BG2 or POE, but I had so many notifications popping up that it took me an hour to be able to get back into the real game. And I still haven't done everything the game wants me to. I just stopped once I realized that I had lost almost a month of time with those stupid assignments. And there are sill more to do...
Dunno, maybe once I understand what the fuck I am doing in the management screen I will become less of a hassle. But atm I am loath to experiment more, because I am afraid to trigger the next event chain without having had the opportunity to play the game. I don't wanna miss out on quests or get raped by trolls :negative:

Oh and why the fuck is it still not possible to split camping supplies or use the numepad in conversations. We had about a hundred patches by now :outrage:

I took a break and started clearing chapter one with a wizard, but the kobold route is far inferior to the mites... Oh and yes I get the hate for Valeria now. She is already encumbered by her basic equipment. Gave her full plate and now she already has trouble carrying healing pots. Useless thot. But she tanks well and there is that ogre waiting with the strength belt, so I guess it will be fine in the end. And I wish there were better insults/reactions to the terrible orc puns. Annoying cuck.

Edit:
And since I am taking my sweet time anyways, how far can I play without fear of the game breaking? Is the bug threshold still chapter four?

PC Gamer review
His muscle memory of playing IE games with tab to highlight objects came into play. It really fucking makes you think.+M
this thread seems to have died down in the last few days.. either people are too busy playing or they have abandoned this game and are eagerly awaiting fallout 76
I've been busy lately and dipping into other games for shorter bursts, plus I'm thinking about burying my face in some Rimworld. Plus I'm significantly further behind than everyone else since I've been playing so laid back (Only just now got into chapter 3 at halfway through level 8, was torn between working on my kingdom and burning through a bunch of time or adventuring and I went for kingdom) so I'm less enthused to throw out a post talking about how I sat in my throne room for a few hours plopping buildings and wrestling with events. I will say holy goddamn hell I wish I looked up how to unlock the other court positions earlier. I thought "Hey if I bump up my kingdom's magic stat maybe I can stick the Master in a court wizard slot!" but as it turns out I just have to rank the everloving hell out of divine which then opens a new slot. Wasted a lot of BP building wizard towers. One of these days though, ONE OF THESE DAYS.
10gz2qa.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Potion of heroism. Aid eh what else. Some other cleric spells work too. Owl's wisdom + merchant sells googles with +5 perception.
I was actually using Greater Heroism spell on my cleric just for that reason.
Once you unlock it, there's really no reason to not buff everyone with heroism all the time, since it has a huge duration anyway.

Incendax

Augur
I abdoned the game, but I will come back in a few months. I really enjoy the game, and sincerely look forward to the day it is playable. But the thing is a buggy mess right now.

Andnjord

Arcane
I was actually using Greater Heroism spell on my cleric just for that reason.
Once you unlock it, there's really no reason to not buff everyone with heroism all the time, since it has a huge duration anyway.
Sure, but not the greater (+4) version, that one only lasts for 1 minute per level :(

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Finally could put more hours into the game. Played through the first chapter with my 2-hander. It was much, much easier than the first chars I rolled.
So far the promised incline was delivered. My personal favorites so far were the mite stand up and the whole Stag Lord Camp. But am I the only one who felt the switch to the Kingdom Management part jarring? I just was hoping it would only be a minor thing like in BG2 or POE, but I had so many notifications popping up that it took me an hour to be able to get back into the real game. And I still haven't done everything the game wants me to. I just stopped once I realized that I had lost almost a month of time with those stupid assignments. And there are sill more to do...
Dunno, maybe once I understand what the fuck I am doing in the management screen I will become less of a hassle. But atm I am loath to experiment more, because I am afraid to trigger the next event chain without having had the opportunity to play the game. I don't wanna miss out on quests or get raped by trolls :negative:

Agreed. Quite apart from bugs, they really needed to spend some time polishing and smoothing the kingdom mgmt and especially the transition into it from chapter 1.

drgames

Scholar
The management kingdom is part of the core of the game, it is not a simple and irriilevant minigame like in BG2.

ArchAngel

Arcane
PC Gamer review
His muscle memory of playing IE games with tab to highlight objects came into play. It really fucking makes you think.+M
I've been busy lately and dipping into other games for shorter bursts, plus I'm thinking about burying my face in some Rimworld. Plus I'm significantly further behind than everyone else since I've been playing so laid back (Only just now got into chapter 3 at halfway through level 8, was torn between working on my kingdom and burning through a bunch of time or adventuring and I went for kingdom) so I'm less enthused to throw out a post talking about how I sat in my throne room for a few hours plopping buildings and wrestling with events. I will say holy goddamn hell I wish I looked up how to unlock the other court positions earlier. I thought "Hey if I bump up my kingdom's magic stat maybe I can stick the Master in a court wizard slot!" but as it turns out I just have to rank the everloving hell out of divine which then opens a new slot. Wasted a lot of BP building wizard towers. One of these days though, ONE OF THESE DAYS.
10gz2qa.jpg
Haha, that is exactly what I did, I put both Arcane and some others to over 20 and hoped that would be enough but nothing happened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom