Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm liking the general atmosphere and writing so far, but jesus christ the reviews saying the combat is overtuned were not wrong. I'm fucking level 2 guys, why am I running into shit with 37 ac making +23 touch attacks? Why am I in a dungeon filled with shit dealing dex damage before I have any way at all of healing that besides resting for an entire week? Why are the party members such horrible jank with feats like toughness and garbage weapons and spells? I think I've spent as much time reloading as actually playing. Fuck, even the battle at the trading post was retarded thanks to forcing me to start in open LOS from like 6 archers, I think in half my attempts someone got crit to death in the first round or two.

I think they actually implemented ability damage wrong. In the tabletop it's much less harsh.

Every two points of ability damage decreases the modifier of an attribute by one. In this it seems to directly impact the attribute, which makes it a less harsh version of drain.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yeah my diplomacy was balls so half the time Bokken didn't help.
Are you playing on Core Rules?
Yeah the difficulty one notch up from the default. My character is a bit of a lightweight too, since I went with the monster summoning inquisitor (didn't expect it to be this hard to reach level 3) but even if I had made a melee char (which seems to be the intented route given your access to fucking wings with +3 dodge from level 1, wtf?) I can't imagine having an easy time with most of these encounters. Valerie is about as defensive as you can get and she still gets hit all the god damned time.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I'm playing on challenging with enemies on normal, and at least for me the outpost wasnt that tough, I played sacred huntsmaster with smilodon. When/if they fix quarterstaff working with monk abilities, gonna restart with that.

Yosharian

Arcane
Yeah the difficulty one notch up from the default. My character is a bit of a lightweight too, since I went with the monster summoning inquisitor (didn't expect it to be this hard to reach level 3) but even if I had made a melee char (which seems to be the intented route given your access to fucking wings with +3 dodge from level 1, wtf?) I can't imagine having an easy time with most of these encounters. Valerie is about as defensive as you can get and she still gets hit all the god damned time.
That's not Core Rules.

And the Wings thing is a recently-introduced bug.

Jinn

Arcane
Turn down your difficulty if you're having problems. I bet if you played for a few more hours, then restarted the game on core rules, you'd find it to be much easier. But yeah, there are difficulty settings for a reason. If you can't handle one set difficulty, there are a lot of available options to tweak to make it more to your liking.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
What does "difficulty one notch up from the default" mean? If it's "Challenging" then it does increase enemy stats by default.
The "Wings" feat not having any requirements is a bug introduced in one of later hotfixes. They're meant for only Aasimars at level 10+.

Edit: damn, ninja-ed by Yoshi.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You are just bad. I am also playing on Challenging and my squishy wizard was able to do that battle first try. My caster druid was also able to do it first try. My "solo" pet druid was able to do it first try (you cannot really go solo until you finish that battle).

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Steam forums really do have many morons, they took wings as a feat on character who shouldn't get them, and now they bitch that they lost the feature point. Lesson of the day: don't be a steam moron.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
What happens if you try to romance multiple chicks? Need a serious answer.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm liking the general atmosphere and writing so far, but jesus christ the reviews saying the combat is overtuned were not wrong. I'm fucking level 2 guys, why am I running into shit with 37 ac making +23 touch attacks? Why am I in a dungeon filled with shit dealing dex damage before I have any way at all of healing that besides resting for an entire week? Why are the party members such horrible jank with feats like toughness and garbage weapons and spells? I think I've spent as much time reloading as actually playing. Fuck, even the battle at the trading post was retarded thanks to forcing me to start in open LOS from like 6 archers, I think in half my attempts someone got crit to death in the first round or two.

If "shit with 37 ac making +23 touch" were random encounter then it means you wandered in higher level areas or it was a bug. Don't stress about it.

Also each area contains troll encounters: basically locations you should revisit at a higher level.

Some unsolicited advices for start:
- Pay attention for Encumbrance, in fact always keep it as low as possible, buy weightless bag from Oleg (-100 lbs, 2500 gold),
- Always buy Camping Supplies (at least 8) and rest in the Inn for better healing,
- Some quests have a hidden timer, pay attention to the dialogues (it's not retarded flavor text as in PoE),
- You have tools like traps and oil that you can use in the Oleg's trading post battle,
- Don't cross-breed your characters on your 1st play-through!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Steam forums really do have many morons, they took wings as a feat on character who shouldn't get them, and now they bitch that they lost the feature point. Lesson of the day: don't be a steam moron.

My Amiri ...
:negative:

I knew I fucked up but they should give one ability point instead of removing it.

Edit:
She still has her wings ...
:troll:

Last edited:

bataille

Arcane

Steel yourelf for around 10 hours or so. From the middle of chapter 2 onwards, it becomes much, much more doable--even on hard.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am too drained from dicking around broken endgame to say anything about it, and I wanted to at least give my part on steam so maybe devs would think about it.

Long story short I wonder if they should try to salvage last true chapter, or scrap it completely and replace with something simplier.

Slogging around old areas fighting repeated monsters under effect of that curse is boring.

House At the Edge of Time had enough copypasted monster packs, but some parts of it were OK anyway. But it still overstays its welcome.

Endgame enemies are hilariously OP, and your party feels underleveled when fighting demigods/gods or just packs of CR19 critters. The slog before it is even more boring tho.

:deadhorse:

The only good news is - in the final final boss location I found Dart +5. And it works and has animation and everything.

Last edited:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
I wish mages felt like in bg2 though, here they are just support chars, buffing and debuffing :(
Why, can't you - once you hit level 5 - start fireballing everything in sight if you are inclined to do so? You might not be able to obliterate everything as easily as in BG2 but let's be honest, BG2 except for a few encounters, was an easy game. And remember, you started the game in BG2 already at level ~7 iirc. In BG1 mages supposedly died when a kobold farted in their direction, compare P:K at low levels with that.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am too drained from dicking around broken endgame to say anything about it, and I wanted to at least give my part on steam so maybe devs would think about it.

Long story short I wonder if they should try to salvage last true chapter, or scrap it completely and replace with something simplier.

Slogging around old areas fighting repeated monsters under effect of that curse is boring.

House At the Edge of Time had enough copypasted monster packs, but some parts of it were OK anyway. But it still overstays its welcome.

Endgame enemies are hilariously OP, and your party feels underleveled when fighting demigods/gods or just packs of CR19 critters. The slog before it is even more boring tho.

:deadhorse:

The only good news is - in the final final boss location I found Dart +5. And it works and has animation and everything.
Is it Underrail last chapter bad ?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
You turn into a muslim or a Mormon, depending on your class. Grenadiers, for example, become muslims.
I'm asking this question for the third time and every time some Seth Rogen type dumbass chimes in with his inane dumb shit.

I need a serious answer, please. Somebody.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You are just bad. I am also playing on Challenging and my squishy wizard was able to do that battle first try. My caster druid was also able to do it first try. My "solo" pet druid was able to do it first try (you cannot really go solo until you finish that battle).
I could accept that but... how? Are you reequipping everyone? Spamming consumables? The traps kill like 2 guys, maybe 2 more but it's not like the melee guys were a threat anyways, then you've got to walk across tar to reach the archers. And right after that I went to a spider cave I was told to go to and got fucking destroyed by multiple spider swarms, since trying to defeat them with touch attack spells from my pseudo clerics when they have god damned 19 ac is kinda impossible.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
You turn into a muslim or a Mormon, depending on your class. Grenadiers, for example, become muslims.
I'm asking this question for the third time and every time some Seth Rogen type dumbass chimes in with his inane dumb shit.

You are right this question needs an serious answer.

Anyway there is some dialogue between mad Val and Baron if you start to fuck around with Octavia but I did not pay too much attention for what were the consequences. My guess is that you can only pick one.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik

You are right this question needs an serious answer.

Anyway there is some dialogue between mad Val and Baron if you start to fuck around with Octavia but I did not pay too much attention for what were the consequences. My guess is that you can only pick one.
Are you prompted to pick one explicitly BG2 style or do you pick which one you want to go after, and then all other options simply become closed?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom