Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

bataille

Arcane
Already redone/restarted main char 5 times, i will just settle for autoattack fighter archer, give me tips for some no micro builds.
And explain me why this game is not turn based.

Gonna keep dumb dwarf and make wizard elf and human duelist sluts mercs.

But wait... i can't romance mercs or the ABBSbarbarian? Really?

You really shouldn't make a fighter archer over a ranger one. I've got both, and the fighter merely has a couple of attack and damage bonuses while ranger gets hurricane bow, sense vitals, a baron smilodon, favourite enemies, etc. Having magical beasts as your favourite enemies will give you the same fighter bonuses for half the game's encounters, too.

Parabalus

Arcane
Are there any requirements, besides just not killing him,
to let Dugath become chief?
I just realized now that I never got that option back when I played that part in a previous patch.

I also had him alive, but didn't get the option. Bugged to shit probably, should have killed him with the sisters, he drops good loot apparently.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Bart is still gone.
Linzi printing press is still missing, kind of.
And now Bokken is also gone.
This ride will never end.

:negative:
I posted a while back how to edit the .json to get Bokken back if you're interested. I just got his masterpiece potion, which rules.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bart is still gone.

I posted a while back how to edit the .json to get Bokken back if you're interested. I just got his masterpiece potion, which rules.
I read the entire thread (yes, I am stupid!) but somehow missed this. Could you summarize it again for us?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Disarm and Sunder are indeed not great. They are OK for Bandit and Pitax chapters, and Sunder helps with Val's quest duel, but overall skippable.
Trip is good, prone is a great status effect. Greater Bull Rush is good too, if you have 3 or 4 melee guys because it provokes AoOs. The Charisma-based debuff ones (Cornugon Smash, Dreadful Carnage) are also quite good and Val should take them if you use her.

I don't know... My problem is - why should my full BAB optimized fighter with strength through the roof waste a round applying debuff effects when he could be smashing losers in the face for ridiculous damage. I got a whole range of free-loading sluts to debuff and cc, there's no point in having my guy wave his sword through empty air dazzling enemies with unashamed gayness.

Trip/disarm/sunder, dazzling faggotry should be on hit effects not separate actions imo.

In the end it comes down to - do I really need an ability that helps me kill losers in more creative ways when said losers could be defeated anyway ? I would much rather prefer an ability that's a game changer against enemies that would otherwise pose a real threat.

And Valerie sucks a thousand cocks. Gimp class, gimp character design, fuck that bitch and the drunken vata who made her.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
How to increase will saves for fighter?dip 1 into paladin?
To everything that has been already said like:
The two iron will feats,
Two levels of paladin combined with high charisma - requires lawful good character,
Wisdom and items adding to it

I'll add one, somewhat ignored these days:
Make your fighter a dwarf, hardy gives +2 to saves against most stuff and can be upgraded to +4 via a feat IIRC. Also +2 Wisdom racial bonus. No racial bonus to STR is a pain but otherwise, not a bad option.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Bart is still gone.

Did you get any other artisan masterpieces? Could you post their item codes?
All item codes should be here: https://wiki.fireundubh.com/kingmaker/weapons

I've gotten all masterpieces except the Earthbreaker and the Leather Armor.
Any in particular you're interested in?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Disarm and Sunder are indeed not great. They are OK for Bandit and Pitax chapters, and Sunder helps with Val's quest duel, but overall skippable.
Trip is good, prone is a great status effect. Greater Bull Rush is good too, if you have 3 or 4 melee guys because it provokes AoOs. The Charisma-based debuff ones (Cornugon Smash, Dreadful Carnage) are also quite good and Val should take them if you use her.

I don't know... My problem is - why should my full BAB optimized fighter with strength through the roof waste a round applying debuff effects when he could be smashing losers in the face for ridiculous damage. I got a whole range of free-loading sluts to debuff and cc, there's no point in having my guy wave his sword through empty air dazzling enemies with unashamed gayness.

Trip/disarm/sunder, dazzling faggotry should be on hit effects not separate actions imo.

In the end it comes down to - do I really need an ability that helps me kill losers in more creative ways when said losers could be defeated anyway ? I would much rather prefer an ability that's a game changer against enemies that would otherwise pose a real threat.

And Valerie sucks a thousand cocks. Gimp class, gimp character design, fuck that bitch and the drunken vata who made her.
Yeah I didn't mean for a main fighter to take those really. I gave Improved Bull Rush to Amiri but didn't take any of those myself.
Cornugon Smash is on hit, it's not a full round action. Dreadful Carnage is auto-Dazzling Display on kill. Shatter Defenses is automatic. Dazzling Display is pretty much just a feat tax.
Val's fine as a tank, certainly nothing to get so upset about. Just don't use a tower shield until level 5, and later spec her into Stalwart Defender for a bunch of DR. She'd be better with higher Str, but you get enough +Str items
plus her quest giving +Str +Cha

Last edited:

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Jesus, so far Baleful Polymorph wasn't a huge problem but now my Tristan got polymorphed and it's a DC 26 to remove. Nobody in my party can roll higher than +5... well, maybe the dwarf...

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Do you absolutely have to
romance Nyrissa to get the last chapter, or can you break her curse and do it without a romance? Because if you can't do it platonically that's :decline:

Shadenuat

Arcane
romance Nyrissa to get the last chapter, or can you break her curse and do it without a romance? Because if you can't do it platonically that's :decline:
No it's just for harem ending. Anyone can get to Chapter 7.
Make your ally/Kill her > Continue, Let her go (Crown or no Crown) > End game.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
No it's just for harem ending. Anyone can get to Chapter 7.
Make your ally/Kill her > Continue, Let her go (Crown or no Crown) > End game.
Thanks!
You just have to research 13 curses, then?

Shadenuat

Arcane
No that's also only for harem ending.

And it's even more complicated than that. Here's how long a solution for it is on russian from someone who did it:
fugin link wait

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1562296772

tl;dr it also takes information from NPCs, there are 3 extra quests, etc. No wonder it was (or maybe is) broken as hell.
Ideally you probably want to be Neutral-Good by the way.

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

She's romanceble. And since everyone(except val) okay with you romancing other people you'll get harem.
but no val?

not worth it.

edit: wait...who all is in this harem then?

the nymph girl, the slut elf...a harem of two? meh.

...you're not including the orc, are you?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
So, noone knows how to get the Briar?!

you get the briar

in the body of irovetti, IF tristian destroyed the occulus/eye of the undead cyclops

You are supposed to get the real one inside the House st the edge of time if you killed Tristian. But I can't find it.
Speaking of killing Tristian,
you really have to check a lot of boxes to get both him and Jaethal to survive. I got Jaethal to spare her daughter and revive as a mortal Inquisitor of Pharasma but Tristian still killed her - then regretted it because he saw she had changed.
You have to pick every single "good" option for all 3 of her quests, I guess.
I only did 2 of them, I let the other inquisitor perform her ritual. :(

vazha

Arcane
How to increase will saves for fighter?dip 1 into paladin?
To everything that has been already said like:
The two iron will feats,
Two levels of paladin combined with high charisma - requires lawful good character,
Wisdom and items adding to it

I'll add one, somewhat ignored these days:
Make your fighter a dwarf, hardy gives +2 to saves against most stuff and can be upgraded to +4 via a feat IIRC. Also +2 Wisdom racial bonus. No racial bonus to STR is a pain but otherwise, not a bad option.
you can also roll an angelkin aasimar with str and cha bonuses, increasing your saves and shooting your intimidation / cornugon smashing through the roof all at once. dwarfs good, but the optimal str based two hander fighter with pally/monk dips (or even better - pally with fighter/monk dips instead, for spell buffs and bonded weapon goodness) is better of with reasonable dex, robe and gauntlets.
Which will effectively leave Valerie as the only one who can reap real benefits from heavy armor & shield combo though.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, noone knows how to get the Briar?!

you get the briar

in the body of irovetti, IF tristian destroyed the occulus/eye of the undead cyclops

You are supposed to get the real one inside the House st the edge of time if you killed Tristian. But I can't find it.
Speaking of killing Tristian,
you really have to check a lot of boxes to get both him and Jaethal to survive. I got Jaethal to spare her daughter and revive as a mortal Inquisitor of Pharasma but Tristian still killed her - then regretted it because he saw she had changed.
You have to pick every single "good" option for all 3 of her quests, I guess.
I only did 2 of them, I let the other inquisitor perform her ritual. :(

The right punishment for letting that traitor cunt with just one domain alive (let's forget he's directly responsable of thousands of deaths).

Rev

Arcane
Ok, sorry guys but I cannot read all 435 pages of this thread.
Just some brief questions: how good is the game? Does it deserve to be bought at full price? If not, how much money would you spend on it? Does it still have a lot of bugs or it's been fixed properly?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom