Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Actually, +5 short sword exists
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OqCOa0wmfzvp7y-N75WiWguwNusU-Lf3/view

Interesting enough, this list does not mention Tyrant - probably most broken weapon in the game.
Cool. I haven't seen that Shortsword or Longbow yet - I got the Mirror Longbow though which is very good. Nazrielle's masterpiece longsword should be there too, it's basically a +7 weapon.

drgames

Scholar
Also, there is a bug for land defenders 2, which gives +2 morale bonus on attack rolls is bugged because my companions get instead a +1 morale bonus.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Bokken disappears after you triggered the fight with him to finish his quest.
There's a way to circumvent this bug: wait with turning the quest in until Octavia can cast Dominate Person. Trigger the fight, don't attack but dominate him. This puts him out of combat, talk to him. Then wait until the dominate wears of, he'll be hostile again, put him down and then talk to him again.
When you leave Oleg's and then return you can see he didn't disappear and he'll also continue to bring stuff to the capital. I did this today, it does indeed work.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Also, there is a bug for land defenders 2, which gives +2 morale bonus on attack rolls is bugged because my companions get instead a +1 morale bonus.
You sure that's a bug? Land Defenders 2 only applies in upgraded regions. It works for me but not everywhere in my kingdom.

drgames

Scholar
I am at the beginning of chapter 7, just right after chapter 6, and did all the upgrade possible for the regions.

panda

Savant
There is zero anxiety. None of the kingdom stats matter. Only the ranks achieved with them and you will always achieve around the same amount of ranks due to time spend leveling them up.
Some people hunt and maybe even naurally heal to full while resting. While technically it is their problem, they should end with much lesser amount of ranks and definintely can feel anxiety due to falling behind the curve.

panda

Savant
Cool. I haven't seen that Shortsword or Longbow yet - I got the Mirror Longbow though which is very good. Nazrielle's masterpiece longsword should be there too, it's basically a +7 weapon.
Have you found Twin Serpents?

panda

Savant
Damn, it seems quite OP as well. I think Octavia can break 200 dmg per turn with it by casting two magic missiles.

Israfael

Arcane
Some PAIN updates:
1) I can definitely confirm that you can avoid Nok Nok and jewbelost getting gibbed by the FoD by pumping Fort (if you don't have the gear, just install the cheat mod and increase his fort to 32 temporarily)
2) Octavia and her bull are fine quest-wise, did not have to resort to save-loading or anything, as well as Harrim
3) Magic negro is either bugged or supposed to die if you allowed him to gib the giants (not that I really need him, but he still was better DPS as compared to other choices except nok-nok)
4) Arthas seems to be unrecoverable - he and Jaethal both kill each other, but for some strange reason you can resurrect her, but not him. I even threw her under the elven bus, but she still appeared in the room and killed Tristian. It seems it's impossible to trigger his final quest - devs confirmed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/5/1735468693699721546/
I tried finding the triggers in DB files, it's simply missing from saves.
In principle, I can make do with Harrim, but his stats are kind of bad, he has 3 times less healing as compared to Arthas and worse compliment of offensive spells. So I'm probably holding off the game :(

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Some PAIN updates:
1) I can definitely confirm that you can avoid Nok Nok and jewbelost getting gibbed by the FoD by pumping Fort (if you don't have the gear, just install the cheat mod and increase his fort to 32 temporarily)
2) Octavia and her bull are fine quest-wise, did not have to resort to save-loading or anything, as well as Harrim
3) Magic negro is either bugged or supposed to die if you allowed him to gib the giants (not that I really need him, but he still was better DPS as compared to other choices except nok-nok)
4) Arthas seems to be unrecoverable - he and Jaethal both kill each other, but for some strange reason you can resurrect her, but not him. I even threw her under the elven bus, but she still appeared in the room and killed Tristian. It seems it's impossible to trigger his final quest - devs confirmed here: https://steamcommunity.com/app/640820/discussions/5/1735468693699721546/
In principle, I can make do with Harrim, but his stats are kind of bad, he has 3 times less healing as compared to Arthas and worse compliment of offensive spells. So I'm probably holding off the game :(
1. Jubilost gave his immortality to the ghost, and Nok-Nok built his statue because he's a hero. Both survived just fine for me.
2. Yeah I think their quest outcomes don't matter, as long as you finish the quest.
3. Yeah, you have to tell Ekun he needs to control his anger or he'll rush the troll and get killed.
4. Tristian (Arthas?) survived fine for me. He killed Jaethal but was sad about it because she wasn't a zombie anymore. It's apparently possible to get them both to survive if you pick all the "good" options on her quest.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Chapter VII is ULTRA BUGGED
1 - Can't speak to Tsanna in the shrine, so I can't remove part of the curse.
2 - Freeing Bartholomew doesn't remove part of the curse (wtf?)
3 - Resting doesn't decrease the timer (that's good for the players)
4 - You have spells disabled by the curse, but you can use them anyway through quickslots (albeit they are much much weaker and Jaethal has hers disabled)
5 - Helping vordakai, results in him dead, and you can loot him for a second time.
I thought by the 16th hotfix they would have solved the biggest issues?!?!?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Some PAIN updates:
1. Jubilost gave his immortality to the ghost, and Nok-Nok built his statue because he's a hero. Both survived just fine for me.
2. Yeah I think their quest outcomes don't matter, as long as you finish the quest.
3. Yeah, you have to tell Ekun he needs to control his anger or he'll rush the troll and get killed.
4. Tristian (Arthas?) survived fine for me. He killed Jaethal but was sad about it because she wasn't a zombie anymore. It's apparently possible to get them both to survive if you pick all the "good" options on her quest.
On the number 4 what are the "good" options ? To me her options all seem....neutral.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Some PAIN updates:
On the number 4 what are the "good" options ? To me her options all seem....neutral.
Allow the undead she created to die, don't revive the other Inquisitor, don't let her possess her daughter.

TwoEdge

Scholar
I was having fun with this, especially with the promise of a major rags to riches power trip (I seriously love the feeling), but then bugs. Ok, I thought, I'm old, I can handle those. Plodding through, I get to the first heart to heart opportunity with my companions and bam! Serious infodumps, telling not showing, mountains of boring text, the works. Enough, I thought, I'm old, I can't handle those anymore, sigh.

Question is: how much filler dialogue do I have to put up with throughout the game? Is the quality of, say, Valerie's backstory a standard for the whole experience? Are these 12 topic, multiple branching, dialogue trees of boredom +5, the plot exposition devices of choice?

Last edited:

Ibbz

Augur
Regarding the
House at edge of Time (the name gives me Moorcock vibes), people say you can ress the companions that die. How? They don't seem to be selectable by raise dead?
Chapter VII is ULTRA BUGGED
1 - Can't speak to Tsanna in the shrine, so I can't remove part of the curse.
2 - Freeing Bartholomew doesn't remove part of the curse (wtf?)
3 - Resting doesn't decrease the timer (that's good for the players)
4 - You have spells disabled by the curse, but you can use them anyway through quickslots (albeit they are much much weaker and Jaethal has hers disabled)
5 - Helping vordakai, results in him dead, and you can loot him for a second time.
I thought by the 16th hotfix they would have solved the biggest issues?!?!?
Only story chapter areas will reduce the curse, not side areas.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was having fun with this, especially with the promise of a major rags to riches power trip (I seriously love the feeling), but then bugs. Ok, I thought, I'm old, I can handle those. Plodding through, I get to the first heart to heart opportunity with my conpanions and bam! Serious infodumps, telling not showing, mountains of boring text, the works. Enough, I thought, I'm old, I can't handle those anymore, sigh.

Question is: how much filler dialogue do I have to put up with throughout the game? Is the quality of, say, Valerie's backstory a standard for the whole experience? Are these 12 topic, multiple branching, dialogue trees of boredom +5, the plot exposition devices of choice?

The game is pretty combat heavy, not dialogue heavy. Those first companion dialogues are easily the worst written stuff in the first half of the game (i’m only in act 3 so I can’t vouch for later). All the other writing is better, often much better. Don’t worry about the bugs, it will take you 100 hours to hit them.

hell bovine

Arcane
I was having fun with this, especially with the promise of a major rags to riches power trip (I seriously love the feeling), but then bugs. Ok, I thought, I'm old, I can handle those. Plodding through, I get to the first heart to heart opportunity with my conpanions and bam! Serious infodumps, telling not showing, mountains of boring text, the works. Enough, I thought, I'm old, I can't handle those anymore, sigh.

Generally I try to be patient with old people, being one of them, but... Why do you even bother talking to companons if you find the dialogues boring? They are not necessary for the plot moving forward, my druid has been ignoring them most of the time (except for quests, and of course Nok-Nok) and arrived in chapter four just fine. Or play the game IWD-style and run a party of mercs instead.

Israfael

Arcane
1) Same, yet she tried to FoD him. Maybe a bug, maybe you just did not notice the DC check in the logs afterwards (I do not imply that, just a suggestion)
2) Well, not sure about that - Octavia forgave her mother, Regongar mourned his brother, maybe it's different if you choose to chase the master instead of freeing other slaves
3) Ah, damn, probably have to restart then (was it chapter 3?) - this game kinda teaches that forcing your own preferences on companions is proper :lol:
4) Hmm, I might try to let her inhabit her daughters body instead of selling her for the ring, maybe then he'll kill her. I did not have the cultist quest after the betrayal thing, it never triggered for me (and other people who complained in the linked thread on SPUF)

:dealwithit:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
At what difficulty are you guys playing?
Challenging until after Armag, then bumped it up to hard.
Then bumped it down to easy for House at the End of Time because it was so tedious.

1) Same, yet she tried to FoD him. Maybe a bug, maybe you just did not notice the DC check in the logs afterwards (I do not imply that, just a suggestion)
2) Well, not sure about that - Octavia forgave her mother, Regongar mourned his brother, maybe it's different if you choose to chase the master instead of freeing other slaves
3) Ah, damn, probably have to restart then (was it chapter 3?) - this game kinda teaches that forcing your own preferences on companions is proper :lol:
4) Hmm, I might try to let her inhabit her daughters body instead of selling her for the ring, maybe then he'll kill her. I did not have the cultist quest after the betrayal thing, it never triggered for me (and other people who complained in the linked thread on SPUF)

:dealwithit:
I think to keep Tristian you need his quest to be at least as complete as Jaethal's. I managed to finish both of them but not well enough for Tristian to let Jaethal live.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom