Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It should be ready to play after that.
Isn't this what was said before the 1.1, too? :smug:
We've now entered an era where jury-rigging an entire fucking class and shoehorning it into a game via mods is classified as "Quality of Life". What a time to be alive.

ArchAngel

Arcane
It should be ready to play after that.
Isn't this what was said before the 1.1, too? :smug:
We've now entered an era where jury-rigging an entire fucking class and shoehorning it into a game via mods is classified as "Quality of Life". What a time to be alive.
Well I didn't play 1.1 beta but I am playing 1.2 beta. It does feel like a finished game (still badly balanced in some parts but finished). Well except for some bugs in beta but I am sure those will be removed in next 2 weeks.

Cael

Arcane
what are the modding tools (f any) used for for doing that mod?

One of these:
giphy.gif

*hums innocently*

PrettyDeadman

Probably some dotnet decompiler to view original sourcecode (like ilSpy -> https://github.com/icsharpcode/ILSpy ), maybe some unpacker to view unity resource files and harmony to inject the mod into the game (harmony tutorial for rimworld -> https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Modding_Tutorials/Harmony , there is probably some tutorial for harmony + unity mod loader, but youll have ot look it up yourself).
You can view source code for mod here -> https://github.com/jennyem/pathfinder-mods/tree/master/EldritchArcana

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

He posted a little about it on reddit... https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...eldritch_arcana_mod_adds_in_the_oracle_class/
Elmindra said:
Yeah I'd love to see Bloodrager and Swashbuckler (that /u/HeroOfOldIron mentioned)

The source code is at: https://github.com/jennyem/pathfinder-mods ... Hope it helps! I tried to comment things, happy to answer questions too. It's all MIT license so feel free to reuse any parts of it that you need.

Bloodrager shouldn't be too bad... just need to implement all of the bloodlines. They're a bit different from Sorcerer but probably lots of opportunity for reuse. ILSpy and the game's blueprints are helpful to figure out how existing stuff is implemented.
Elmindra said:
I did a lot of digging in ILSpy: https://github.com/icsharpcode/ILSpy

The game code is almost all in Assembly-CSharp.dll. That makes it easy to see what the blueprints correspond to. (the blueprint files are basically serialized game objects)

edit: basically if you open that DLL in ILSpy GUI, you can see the game's code, e.g. Kingmaker.Blueprints.Classes.BlueprintFeature

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Camping is allowed in both the local and world map; however, you will miss out on companion interactions (which is particularly important if you are interested in romance)

Oh thank gawd. Since I'm Gay, I can avoid all that shit :)

Jinn

Arcane
Since I'm Gay, I can avoid all that shit

Well, I got some news for you. You can live out your gay nerd fantasies just as well (at least with one character I think)!

In other news, went ahead and bought the Wildcards DLC. Wanted to throw these guys some more money and I will probably make a tiefling character in a future playthrough. I actually quite like the new companion, too.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
I wouldn't bother with Swashbuckler, it's a pretty shitty class. Warpriest would be easier to implement (Only a few unique abilities) and more useful a class. If the maker wanted it to be even easier they could make the default Warpriest Arsenal Chaplin (at least initially). That trades most of their unique abilities for more fighter ones and is considered a very good trade. Slayer is also a decent class (it's fighter, but with skills and slightly more restricted bonus feats.) with only a single unique feature that's not even that complex.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
So now that it's on sale on GOG again, I'm probably going to pick this up before the sale ends. My question here is should I go for the default no extras explorer edition or go for the all extras and season pass imperial edition (I'm skipping the royal edition since if I would pay the extra $26 for that then I would pay the extra $12 on top of that for the season pass). How is the soundtrack or artbook? Is there any news on that chris avellone module they say is coming soon? Sorry for all the questions, I've haven't kept up on news about this game.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I did Jaethal's quest in Valley of the Dead with my Paladin yesterday. Of course there was a bug involved,
I told her she cannot raise other priest as undead and learn the special ritual, then Enneo shows up with his buddies and tells me his sob story. LG response is to ally with Enneo although he is an evil bastard as well.. but I do pick it. Now Jaethal become hostile and 15 of us pound on her. She dies fast but as soon as combat ends she gets up with 1 life.. we bring her down again and as soon as combat ends she gets up again :D ..this now happens 10 times until I load a save and choose a NG option where I side with Jaethal and kill Enneo and his crew.
I guess game wanted to make sure people choose a "right" side in this conflict :D

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hmm, looking at the description, the Eldritch Arcana mod adds many nice things for casters. Also great stuff for Maguses, like Intensified Spell, Familiar and Spell Blending. A Magus with (rod maximized) Intensified Shocking Grasp and Improved Spell Recall would be quite scary...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom