Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Yosharian

Arcane
Point being - it doesn't matter if there's only a little bit of it in there - as far as SJW/feminism stuff goes; its still cancer. Except in this game it was mostly benign. When it could have been as interesting/funny as the rest of their writing.
Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Jokes aside, I agree that the characters could be better. I don't think that's a reason to declare war on Kingmaker or Owlcat, though. This isn't a fucking crusade.

No,no,no - I think it's a fantastic game. I just think it could have been even better, but I expect they were given a list of inclusion and diversity targets by the publisher that had to weave its way in with their talent. Even with that shit included, it could easily be ignored by appointing the crap party members as advisors and tailoring the ones you like to whatever class you want because of the rules. I'm just concerned that as the targets get bigger (as they do), the room for the funny and interesting stuff will shrink.
Yeah I would be interested to find out how specific characters were written/storyboarded

Yosharian

Arcane
Decent graphics, crapload of loading screens. Story so far seems really dull (lets get a bunch of hobos and let them take over a neighboring kingdom, instead of sending our army in or something), but the dialogues dont yet sap my will to live as in say Dragon Age: origins or Pillars of Eternity, and aren't full-on retarded, as in D:OS.

Casters seem to be shafted, with few resting spots and initiative delaying casting. Non-casters, on the other hand, seem to be mostly about auto-attacking.
Yeah cos armies don't cost insane amounts of money compared to sending in a bunch of newbie adventurers as cannon fodder

Casters are insanely powerful in this game, I've only gotten up to the end of the Stag Lord quest and I've already solved many encounters purely through use of powerful offensive spells.

Even if you go for a martial-based party, you still need casters to buff up those martials.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I started playing Nostalgiafinder: Shovelmaker. Very early in, will probably get my ass beat because I don't know much about Pathfinder settings/rules. Playing on Challenging.

Decent graphics, crapload of loading screens. Story so far seems really dull (lets get a bunch of hobos and let them take over a neighboring kingdom, instead of sending our army in or something), but the dialogues dont yet sap my will to live as in say Dragon Age: origins or Pillars of Eternity, and aren't full-on retarded, as in D:OS.

Casters seem to be shafted, with few resting spots and initiative delaying casting. Non-casters, on the other hand, seem to be mostly about auto-attacking.

Too early to tell, in any case. Will keep playing.
It is explained later in the game why is this area not conquered already (and it is not a neighbouring kingdom, but a wild uncontrolled area). Also one country sending their troops there will just force others to do the same.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yeah cos armies don't cost insane amounts of money compared to sending in a bunch of newbie adventurers as cannon fodder

Casters are insanely powerful in this game, I've only gotten up to the end of the Stag Lord quest and I've already solved many encounters purely through use of powerful offensive spells.

Even if you go for a martial-based party, you still need casters to buff up those martials.
Caster offensive spells become less and less useful as game progresses. They are about buffs and debuffs later into the game.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
People randomly die without any way you could interfere. There should have been some checks to save them or something like that. Also the whole layout is pretty shit.

Actually, this moment gave me a genuine feeling of Planescape: Torment, when Nameless One arrives at the Fortress of Regret and The Transcencent One appears to each one of your companions. Pure incline for me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
People randomly die without any way you could interfere. There should have been some checks to save them or something like that. Also the whole layout is pretty shit.

Actually, this moment gave me a genuine feeling of Planescape: Torment, when Nameless One arrives at the Fortress of Regret and The Transcencent One appears to each one of your companions. Pure incline for me.
It was a lot better implemented in PT.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Why?

In PST, TT1 just kill all of your companions. No C&C.

In PK your companions interact with Nyrissa taking into consideration the entire relationship with the player character.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Why?
Better writing. The whole thing here is that if you don't do their personal quest in one specific way then the companion dies. It kill any sense of roleplaying freedom,if you play evil you will end up with being alone in the level. Same could be said about the romance part,it is tied to the dialogue with random things and not the dialogue to the companion you want to bang. That way you have to play a lawful dude to bone Valerie for example. IT is retarded,the game encourage you to roleplay and then punish you severely for doing it the "wrong" way.:decline:

TT1

Arcane
Patron

Why?
Better writing. The whole thing here is that if you don't do their personal quest in one specific way then the companion dies. It kill any sense of roleplaying freedom,if you play evil you will end up with being alone in the level. Same could be said about the romance part,it is tied to the dialogue with random things and not the dialogue to the companion you want to bang. That way you have to play a lawful dude to bone Valerie for example. IT is retarded,the game encourage you to roleplay and then punish you severely for doing it the "wrong" way.:decline:

giphy.gif

Cael

Arcane

Why?

In PST, TT1 just kill all of your companions. No C&C.

In PK your companions interact with Nyrissa taking into consideration the entire relationship with the player character.
There is a difference between having a relationship with your character and knowing insantly every single thing your character does and constantly judging you for every little thing you do. SJWs may love that kind of shit, but to the sane amongst us, that is tiring and fucking retarded. There are good reasons why judgemental people are not liked.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Companion thing in House is too binary and gamist and is somewhat similar to Mass Effect 2 problem of companion quests which are more of a checklist that a real C&C.

In a realistic C&C if companions follow with you into House you should have already achieved their loyalty and they should just reinforce it probably BG2 "lez kick ass" dialogue endgame style. Aside from maybe one of them, no companion has any reason to betray you or die or follow Nyrissa at that point. The game should also track your alignment, some other choices and preferably even time companions spent in party. As for now, you can have companion spend 99% of time in your party, declare you the greatest hero and friend and then promptly die in the House.

What developers wanted to happen should have happened in a more natural narrative during actual game, for example if Amiri would leave you, she should have left you with her tribe somewhere at the end of main quest where it really should have made sense, and it would be a good material for a slide later.

Let's compare it to, say, Arcanum.

In Arcanum there are companions who are just good people, and those would turn on you if you agree with final boss; cowardly people, who would turn on you if you don't agree with final boss; lorewise sensible betrayers like Torian Kel, who oh OBVIOUSLY will side with Kergan; companions like Virgil who change depending on their quest, and so on. That's a lot more realistic than a quest checklist. Got an ending pretty picture? You're probably OK, except maybe Nok-Nok + completely arbitrary Linzi death because, uh, FF7 Aeri moment?

Tristian/Jaethal thing I also don't understand much. Tristian never outright came to you and ask to banish her or anything, so that mess of the scripts in the House for them doesn't make a lot of sense.

In PK no companion even argues against allying with Nyrissa.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
The female power of Valerie and Amiri who were BOTH beaten up by men in their quests and you can't do anything about it also eluded me.

Yeah, let's make games where PCs will be consiste form woman only, but they all will be defeated by man, so that's not SJW! Do go on and play with these woman please, yeah.

That's not funny how you don't see that it's as much SJW as Dragonspear level of shittiness.
I honestly don't think either Valerie or Amiri are SJW writing.
Yes, Amiri has that cringy statement about men when you meet her and I think once after beating down some monster she complains how in her tribe, women aren't even allowed to try combat. The second one just sounds realistic and the first one has - so far - been an exception, writing wise.
With Valerie, I haven't even noticed anything at all in how she regards men or women. She's basically your standard paladin, albeit a little less annoying, thankfully.

Sorry, but in this case, your frothing anti-SJW rage kinda comes to nothing. Or, well, almost nothing.
It is irrelevant. The fact that such virulent anti-SJW hatred exists is a direct result of the virulence of the SJW faction. Conservatives tend to be more laid back and less political. They are less likely to go on marches and protests. Those are almost exclusively leftwing things since at least the 1920s.

Your kind of shallow equivalence is the root of why SJWs are hated so much. You are not helping matter by dismissing the legitimate concerns of conservatives by trying to label them to be as bad as SJWs when you jolly well know that SJWs are far, far worse than conservatives could ever be. A casual look at unsocial media would tell you this. You are trying to make a point via deception and false equivalence. And that is why SJWs are hated.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
:negative:
If i only knew how bad it is written i would have chosen the lets drink and eat option. Now i have to wait for 2 loadscreens.

UplY0wa.png

The first one all about peace and meh faggotry.
The second makes me sound like a pompous paladin with his head up his ass.....i am a rogue.
Third one is like some fucking communists and not like good chaotic rogue....total decline.
The fourth one is for the capeshit emos.
Your portrait looks like the Sheriff of Nottingham. And you do look like a bad guy, so neutral evil works. Shame there's no option to begin a necromantic warlock castle haven, replete with undead, vampires and monsters of all shapes and sizes.

Yosharian

Arcane

Caster offensive spells become less and less useful as game progresses. They are about buffs and debuffs later into the game.
The lategame? You mean the bit where everyone is posting that they are getting utterly destroyed until they start using high-level spells and suddenly it's easy? That lategame?

Shadenuat

Arcane
how does it work i dont even

yHlP26G.jpg

spikes on shield blyad ivan how do they work

Last edited:

TT1

Arcane
Patron
There is a difference between having a relationship with your character and knowing insantly every single thing your character does and constantly judging you for every little thing you do. SJWs may love that kind of shit, but to the sane amongst us, that is tiring and fucking retarded. There are good reasons why judgemental people are not liked.

Can you make a single post without "SJW"? No, you cant, because you are one of those fucking morons who see social justice in every single shit, even in a 10 seconds sequence in a random dungeon in Pathfinder. Ask your mom to refund the game or, idk, drink some laundry pods from your mom's laundry closet. You are retarded.

There is zero social justice in this sequence on House on the Edge of Time. Its a fine sequence. People judge for every little thing you do in real life too, welcome to the world. Ask your teacher about this, on Monday.

ArchAngel

Arcane

The lategame? You mean the bit where everyone is posting that they are getting utterly destroyed until they start using high-level spells and suddenly it's easy? That lategame?
No. After the chapter that deals with trolls, damage spells start really falling off. Only Arcane Trickster and game's broken implementation of Sneak attack keeps it alive but that is due to that implementation not due to damage spells.

Yosharian

Arcane
No. After the chapter that deals with trolls, damage spells start really falling off. Only Arcane Trickster and game's broken implementation of Sneak attack keeps it alive but that is due to that implementation not due to damage spells.
Wait wait who said anything about damage spells?

Cael

Arcane

Can you make a single post without "SJW"? No, you cant, because you are one of those fucking morons who see social justice in every single shit, even in a 10 seconds sequence in a random dungeon in Pathfinder.
Plenty. That you don't see them is proof positive that you are merely projecting, boy.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Are there other offense spells? Spells like Web are CC spells.

Yosharian

Arcane
I've played for about 10 hours now. And it's surprisingly bug-free, so far. I expected much worse. Of course it might still get worse later on.
It should be pretty solid for at least 40-50 hours, depending on how long that takes you and how fast they start dropping bugfixes again after the DLC releases.
What's the advantage of hanging on to the crown and not releasing the ghost? Curious because I picked freeing the guy trapped inside and, judging by Shyka's reply, that was the best option, but I can't tell if there was a mechanical gain from that.
I think it only gives you
another chance to research a curse, in case you need it to hit 13 curses researched.
Wild Hunt trashmob group example on unfair (no sirocco or cloud shit just balls deep select all->attack)

Tristan truly is dead weight. I completed both his and Jaethals quest, making her spare her daughter, so isn't she supposed to return alive as Inquisitor of Pharasma? Yet he kills her anyhow. Bugged or working as intended?

There's more to it than just getting her to spare her daughter.
You also apparently have to make sure the priest doesn't kill himself or the girl in Tristian's final quest.

Crane Style while dual-wielding, nani

Yosharian

Arcane
offence
/əˈfɛns/
noun
noun: offense
    the action of attacking someone or something.
    "reductions in strategic offence arsenals"
    synonyms: attack, offensive, assault, act of aggression, aggression, onslaught, thrust, charge, sortie, sally, invasion, incursion, foray
    "strategic offence arsenals"

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
offence
/əˈfɛns/
noun
    synonyms: attack, offensive, assault, act of aggression, aggression, onslaught, thrust, charge, sortie, sally, invasion, incursion, foray
Ok, but when talking about D&D there are terms used. And usually damage spells are separated from CC spells. There are buffs, debuffs (that include CC spells), damage spells and summons. And utility spells like Identify, teleport and such.

Yosharian

Arcane
offence
/əˈfɛns/
noun
Ok, but when talking about D&D there are terms used. And usually damage spells are separated from CC spells. There are buffs, debuffs (that include CC spells), damage spells and summons. And utility spells like Identify, teleport and such.
Changing the goalposts, the initial discussion was about the viability of casters lategame, you never once specified that you were talking solely about damage spells.

If you wanna say that damage spells fall off somewhat lategame, then I'd say you might well have a point there, especially if you play on Retarded Stat Inflation difficulty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom