Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
How can you even kill a demigod? Chapt VII as a whole doesn't make much sense, but killing the LN is the lower point.

Assuming you are killing him and not his avatar or something.
There is a dialogue check, (Religion 45) which taking provides a piece of lore stating
he is not actually a demigod and he is actually tricking everyone.

I got that dialogue, and I think it doesn't oppose him being a DEMI-god, not a full deity.
But still, he should be immortal.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Advise me codex. I got this game and it looks like a proper RPG, but I hate stories, I hate dialogue, and I hate female characters, especially ones with stupid squeaky voices. So the first 10 minutes were painful for me. But I felt more or less the same about Baldurs Gate, NWN, ToEE, IWD, etc. yet I completed them by angrily spamming keys anytime dialogue interrupted my tactical combat fest. Will I be able to do that in this game?

Yosharian

Arcane
Advise me codex. I got this game and it looks like a proper RPG, but I hate stories, I hate dialogue, and I hate female characters, especially ones with stupid squeaky voices. So the first 10 minutes were painful for me. But I felt more or less the same about Baldurs Gate, NWN, ToEE, IWD, etc. yet I completed them by angrily spamming keys anytime dialogue interrupted my tactical combat fest. Will I be able to do that in this game?
Ditch the companions, make your own party of adventurers, hack and slash your way through the game. Of course there's going to be story and dialogue, but there's plenty of combat in this game.

Dodo1610

Arcane

Combat is the game's best part. Though i can't say whether you will be able to play the game without reading some of the dialogues also the game has unskippable cutscenes.

1.2 should be released this week according to the developers on Steam.

Funposter

Arcane

Set Kingdom Management to Auto and have alignment/skill check tags on dialogue (on by default) and the game will be as brainless as you want it to be, and you can still get extra EXP from dialogue by clicking the "right" option.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
^ Thanks guys that helps a lot! I will restart with those settings. And I never knew about the 1.2 patch, I'll hang on for that.

Sykar

Arcane

Set Kingdom Management to Auto and have alignment/skill check tags on dialogue (on by default) and the game will be as brainless as you want it to be, and you can still get extra EXP from dialogue by clicking the "right" option.

Wait you can disable those? Damn have to do that asap.

Funposter

Arcane

Wait you can disable those? Damn have to do that asap.

I know you can definitely disable alignment tags. Not sure about skill checks, just assumed with those.

Popiel

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Okay my 'Dex friends, is this game finally in playable state or are they still vomiting patches daily? Because I've bought it at release, have season pass, and still am not convinced should I play it. I want to play something at least resembling finished product.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Okay my 'Dex friends, is this game finally in playable state or are they still vomiting patches daily? Because I've bought it at release, have season pass, and still am not convinced should I play it. I want to play something at least resembling finished product.
This week comes a big 1.2 patch. After that I would suggest you wait one more week until they make a hotfix for 1.2
It should be ready to play after that.

Cael

Arcane
This question really depends on your bug-withstand threshold. There are those who claim ferverently that the game was fully playable on release, after all.

Sykar

Arcane

I had no bugs or issues so far so you can start now if you want. Loadtimes become an issue in chapter two, where load times become quite annoying but, as mentioned, patch 1.2 is close to release which should improve those noticably.

Incendax

Augur
This week comes a big 1.2 patch. After that I would suggest you wait one more week until they make a hotfix for 1.2
It should be ready to play after that.
Yes. If anyone has been waiting to play this game, a couple weeks after 1.2 drops is probably going to be a good time to start playing unless you want to wait another year for more DLC and whatnot.

Sykar

Arcane
As a lot of people have already said the game is playable since 1.1. The release version dind't deserve to be called a Beta. 1.2 fixes a lot of additional bugs that are still left.
The first really big mod should also be out soon which adds the Oracle class and other things https://gist.github.com/jennyem/c401f278a10c71d56f6ed18545231547.

Spells:

:bounce:

ArchAngel

Arcane
All those spells and stuff will only help make players stronger which is not needed. This mod is nice but I am not installing it until someone makes a SCS type mod that lets enemies also use all the new toys.

That mod feature list if pretty damn great. Character traits, oracle, more feats, more spells. This is what I was hoping DLCs would give us. Now, if only they added a witch as well...

Sharpedge

Prophet
I am looking forward to the modding scene (hopefully) growing and mods added to make enemies more creative with their powers. Also, I think mods adding more to do during act 5 and the wait for Act 6 would be nice. After you claim Pitax, there isn't much to do except skip 400 days.

Efe

Erudite
doesnt seem prudent to use it just before a major patch drops. who knows whats gonna break

Sharpedge

Prophet
doesnt seem prudent to use it just before a major patch drops. who knows whats gonna break
Agreed, I have no intention of breaking my saves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom