Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Cael

Arcane
wish they added psionics/occult from dreamscarred press works. those things are amazingly fun and balanced.
Psionics have gotten a lot of bad press in the 3.x days for being overpowered, usually by the usual dramafag cult. As a result, people stayed away from it for a long while, including paiturd, IIRC.

Incendax

Augur
What happens if your pet dies? normally my pet if it went down it comes back up after the battle but now he is just dead dead I think, does it revive after sleeping or revive thru a cleric maybe?
You can also Quick-Save, then Quick-Load and BOOM! Your pet is back.
With minimum HP, but still.

Sykar

Arcane
Are they still patching this? Last time I played, it was like watching those Russian Youtube car crash videos...the ones with snow. At least tell me they've cleared the snow.
Even bugged, it was the best game since early IE.
The last DLC isn't even out yet, so it's fair to say that this is still being patched. That said, it's a lot slower than it was in the beginning, and that's a good thing.

Especially since there are at least two quality mods out there. Can't wait for Owlcat to finish working on PF:KM so I can feel safe installing Eldritch Arcana and the crafting mod without the hassle of a new patch ruining the playthrough.

:bounce:

Incendax

Augur
People who is yet to suffer through it on Unfair should catch up) Before their chance for bragging rights is forever gone.
Back in my day, bragging rights was fighting through THREE WOLVES just to get to Olegs. On Unfair. Through the snow. Both ways.

Yosharian

Arcane
There appears to be something wrong with the Robes in this game that grant an Armor Class, such as the Protector's Robes, or Robes of the Master. They claim to have an AC of 5, but no such bonus exists, as evidenced by the fact that equipping any Bracers of Armor produces an AC boost.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Afair three monk robes for diffrent alignments give Dodge AC, it was even specified somewhere in description. Robe of Censor has dodge bonus too and stack with everything, I usually equip it on Nok-Nok in early game.
Robe of True Master gives +5 Deflection AC, lot less useful.
LG monk robes is one of the main reason why every DEX tank wants monk dip, beside WIS/CHA to AC. All robes can be buffed with Magical Vestment too and that looks like bug.

Yosharian

Arcane
Afair three monk robes for diffrent alignments give Dodge AC, it was even specified somewhere in description. Robe of Censor gives dodge bonus too and stack with everything, I usually equip it on Nok-Nok in early game.
Robe of True Master gives +5 Deflection AC, lot less useful.
LG monk robes is one of the main reason why every DEX tank wants monk dip, beside WIS/CHA to AC. All robes van be buffed with Magical Vestment too and that looks like bug.
Incorrect on both fronts:

1) Yes the Monk Robes give dodge AC, but there's also a +5 Armor Class bonus listed in the item's stat box, same for the Robes of the Master.

2) It is not a bug that Robes can be buffed with Magic Vestment, per PnP rules the spell can be cast on any clothing or robes that the user is wearing.

MS9FGIk.jpg

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
I do not have LG robe at hand, but LN one clearly shows 0.
1) It can be version difference though.
jAg6JK6.png
2) Magic Vestment working with robes is ok per rules, stacking with armor bracers is where things get weird.

Yosharian

Arcane
I do not have LG robe at hand, but LN one clearly shows 0.
1) It can be version difference though.

2) Magic Vestment working with robes is ok per rules, stacking with armor bracers is where things get weird.
I added a screenshot. You can clearly see it says +5 ARMOR CLASS. (I'm aware that it states 0 in the upper statbox, I'm simply pointing out in the inconsistency. It makes very little difference to me anyway, as I'll be using Bracers of Armor in addition to the robes since they go up to +8)

Magic Vestment grants an enhancement bonus to AC. Bracers of Armor add simply an Armor Bonus. They stack.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Are they still patching this? Last time I played, it was like watching those Russian Youtube car crash videos...the ones with snow. At least tell me they've cleared the snow.
Even bugged, it was the best game since early IE.
The last DLC isn't even out yet, so it's fair to say that this is still being patched. That said, it's a lot slower than it was in the beginning, and that's a good thing.

Especially since there are at least two quality mods out there. Can't wait for Owlcat to finish working on PF:KM so I can feel safe installing Eldritch Arcana and the crafting mod without the hassle of a new patch ruining the playthrough.

:bounce:
Yeah I'm quite looking forward to an Evil playthrough with lots of mods to fix the things I don't like.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
So, I'm thinking it might be time to play through this and wondered if there are anything you may want to know before starting like:

• Which is the recommended difficulty setting?
  • Should you still turn off the Kingdom mini-game?

Yosharian

Arcane
So, I'm thinking it might be time to play through this and wondered if there are anything you may want to know before starting like:

Depends on your knowledge-level, but I would strongly recommend Core Rules, which means selecting Challenging then tweaking a couple of settings down to 'normal' (of the top of my head I think it's just monster strength).

I find the Kingdom management quite interesting, but it is a little frustrating. I don't think it's a terribly bad decision to turn it off for your first playthrough, as long as you plan on playing it again with it turned on, because it is a lot of content to miss out on.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Considering it hardly matters how well you manage your kingdom, there's little reason to make it difficult. You invest a ton and get... almost nothing.

Daidre

Arcane
With kingdom on auto you lose everything that artisans craft. Including the best items in almost every possible category. This is enough for me to manage kingdom at effortless at least.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane

1) custom
2) depends on the alignment & whether you want the artisans and their quests
I had an entire zoo of alignments with my neutral druid, and the goody-goody advisors were boring (with the exception of Ekun, I was surpised how ruthless he is as the spymaster, but then again he's LG), but the neutral and evil ones were hilarious.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Honestly, while I understand that the Kingdom stuff can be frustrating for some brainlets, I have no idea why anyone would recommend turning it off, especially on the first playthrough. It's not extremely well integrated into the rest of the game, but I think that it helps give some meaning to what you're doing and what is going on, and the way it forces you to go back-and-forth a bit actually adds to the flow of the game.
With kingdom on auto you lose everything that artisans craft.
Holy shit that's fucking dumb
What, you want to turn off a game feature, but still have all the benefits of said feature? No, that'd be fucking dumb. It makes me wonder how much stuff was cut from the Kingdom portion based on the rationale that "No, if that's integrated, it won't work if you turn off the Kingdom stuff". More things should've been integrated into the Kingdom portion of the game, not less. The lack of connection between the Kingdom and the rest of the game is half the reason the Kingdom mechanic is lackluster.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Well, I finally hit a challenging portion of the game after mostly one big faceroll - the Troll Wilderness fortress. Even on Normal the level boss actually forced me to reload many times and resort to squeezing out a victory only through the use my of my last few remaining scrolls and potions. However, lulled into a false sense of security with its easy difficulty, I haven't put much effort into optimizing my build and companions or organizing my inventory/hotbars. I mean, my front line fighter dwarf is still using a sickle! Thank the Gods for Valerie since she is a pure killing machine who can frequently wipe-out whole mobs of trolls while my squishy druid turns into a char-broiled mess in back. It's a wake up call to get my ass in gear and get my gang into a serious team. My pure Druid character is weak and useless at lvl 7.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
More things should've been integrated into the Kingdom portion of the game, not less. The lack of connection between the Kingdom and the rest of the game is half the reason the Kingdom mechanic is lackluster.

I agree but as it stands the money/time investment into your kingdom is so large compared to the rewards that the entire system barely matters. Might as well turn it off entirely and not waste time on it.

jungl

Augur
Honestly, while I understand that the Kingdom stuff can be frustrating for some brainlets, I have no idea why anyone would recommend turning it off, especially on the first playthrough. It's not extremely well integrated into the rest of the game, but I think that it helps give some meaning to what you're doing and what is going on, and the way it forces you to go back-and-forth a bit actually adds to the flow of the game.
What, you want to turn off a game feature, but still have all the benefits of said feature? No, that'd be fucking dumb. It makes me wonder how much stuff was cut from the Kingdom portion based on the rationale that "No, if that's integrated, it won't work if you turn off the Kingdom stuff". More things should've been integrated into the Kingdom portion of the game, not less. The lack of connection between the Kingdom and the rest of the game is half the reason the Kingdom mechanic is lackluster.

The back and forth is ultimately poor gameplay. Ask yourself do you want to be doing this kind of gameplay for 60+ hours? No. Its like playing a jrpg like .hack or or dark cloud. Sure the games fun but the gameplay is very repetitive and gets very old after a while. It sucks even more in kingmakers case cause all you see are loading screen and loading screens for something that literally should of been a click of a icon and instant pop up of your throne room. Personally I prefer my rpgs not to give me repetitive gameplay why I prefer wrpgs like knights of the chalice over games like elex and jrpgs like brave fencer musashi and legend of mana of the ones mentioned previously.

Hopefully that dnd game the nazi here on rpg codex wrote for doesn't suffer from the repetitiveness.

Incendax

Augur
You can clearly see it says +5 ARMOR CLASS. (I'm aware that it states 0 in the upper statbox, I'm simply pointing out in the inconsistency.
The Quality section just summarizes the abilities of the item, for quick and easy comparison. The section below goes into more detail. They are not separate abilities.

Basically, Quality says +5 Armor Class. Then below that you learn what kind. In this case, a dodge bonus.
Magic Vestment grants an enhancement bonus to AC. Bracers of Armor add simply an Armor Bonus. They stack.
The game doesn’t know where the enhancement bonus is coming from. It just checks to see if an enhancement bonus exists, then uses the highest one. This is true for all bonuses in the game.

But it’s not a big deal since you can cast Magic Vestments on your bracers in a real game, or pay for normal clothing that gives a +8 Armor bonus, or change the bracers to a chest slot, depending on how your DM rolls. So, working as intended.

It would only be a problem if you were getting two enhancement bonuses from somewhere.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So does metamagic have any use for non-sorcerors? I'm trying to figure out if I should take this feat at all and it doesn't seem to have much usefulness or interaction with important spells at all?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom