Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I like that P:KM can remain challenging throughout when so many other RPGs become cake after you reach higher levels. Just when you start thinking you're overpowered the game throws some surprises at you. I went into that fight with the 4 adamantium golems thinking, "This is gonna sad. We're level 14. Those golems are probably lvl 7 at best. It's not a main questline so Valerie can probably take 'em solo with her cold iron shortsword and one arm tied behind her back." It took me FIVE fucking attempts with 6 party members and elemental summons to beat them. But now I have an adamantium golem factory producing for me. Only wish there was a mod to let you actually make the golems yourself.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
One more thing: is there a workaround for that annoying bug in 1.3.0 where you get 7 party members instead of the 6 you're suppose to get when you leave your capital?

ArchAngel

Arcane
One more thing: is there a workaround for that annoying bug in 1.3.0 where you get 7 party members instead of the 6 you're suppose to get when you leave your capital?
That only happens once. Go back to your town, and then exit with only one guy. Then go back into town square and exit with 6 that you want.

Sykar

Arcane
Playing this with a half-orc thug in "challenging" difficulty and having quite a blast. The game has its flaws but remains true to old-school P&P influences and that is refreshing. Also the game being legitimaly difficult in an age of popamole.

I just wish that mobs would be more aggressive and attack you earlier, or react better when they start hearing someone starting to cast a spell.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Playing this with a half-orc thug in "challenging" difficulty and having quite a blast. The game has its flaws but remains true to old-school P&P influences and that is refreshing. Also the game being legitimaly difficult in an age of popamole.

I just wish that mobs would be more aggressive and attack you earlier, or react better when they start hearing someone starting to cast a spell.

That was one thing I loved about the Eye of the Beholder II module for NWN. Enemies would hear you making a commotion down the hall and would come charging out of the room to attack you. I remembered it so well because it was something I had practically never seen before in an RPG, though shooters like Doom of course had AI that were activated by sound..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Did you know that some of the Owlcat Games team members did the voiceover for some of the monsters in the game? That's right, when you fight a mandragora, a troll or some other monsters, you may hear one of the game designers or narrative designers roar!
In this video, our narrative designer, community manager, and dev stream host Arseniy Deriglazov is giving his voice to goblins!

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Speaking of owlcats and owlbears in Pathfinder Kingmaker, what a great little moment when you enter the tavern and see
covering almost the entire floor the owlbear skin rug of that MASSIVE owlbear that attacks your capital at the end of Chapter 3 ;)

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Elina also mentions that she changed tavern's name for interior addition but new one was not showing because of bug. Curiosity even made me to report it)
Fixed in 1.3. It is Beer Mug > Bear Rug

ArchAngel

Arcane

Did you know that some of the Owlcat Games team members did the voiceover for some of the monsters in the game? That's right, when you fight a mandragora, a troll or some other monsters, you may hear one of the game designers or narrative designers roar!
In this video, our narrative designer, community manager, and dev stream host Arseniy Deriglazov is giving his voice to goblins!

So Russians are monsters in the game.. hmm..

Simple Simon

Scholar
Does anybody know if Lem the Iconic Bard was supposed to be in this game? It looks like he is in some of the official game art, e.g. the halfling at the top of the main artwork. .

Simple Simon

Scholar
Nah bro, Lem is a halfling. You might be thinking of Lini, the Druid Iconic. She's a gnome. There's a picture of them fighting together on her page.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Does anybody know if Lem the Iconic Bard was supposed to be in this game? It looks like he is in some of the official game art, e.g. the halfling at the top of the main artwork. .

Given that everyone else in the picture is a companion or the MC, I'm guessing the 'halfling bard' at the top is supposed to be Linzi.

Simple Simon

Scholar
Well, maybe, but the gender and hair color are different. The clothing is also pretty similar to Lem's. My speculation is that the halfling bard companion was originally Lem but Paizo did not want him to be
trapped in a book at the end of the story.
That being said, they were okay with Linxia
possibly being killed off
so I could be way off.

Delterius

Arcane
lovely game, so far my best experience with all the games that people recommend for the 'genuine tabletop feeling'

still, just realized that half your companions seem to have ~30+ attribute points out of the game and the temptation to just give myself 2 points of DEX is overwhelming

hell, i've been told companion quests give them even more attributes

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Yes but they aren't optimized at all so those 30 points aren't such a big deal

In fact even with 30 points they still pretty much suck

Delterius

Arcane
Yes but they aren't optimized at all so those 30 points aren't such a big deal

In fact even with 30 points they still pretty much suck
hey now this is about justice and honor and rationalizing cheating making the baron of clearwater, florida someone worthy of the title 'leader'

plus, I think jaethal, nok nok and the orc bruv are fine

Efe

Erudite
theres a masterpiece potion with permanent + to all stats.
theres a blood sacrifice with minor buffs (not primary stat)

purpleblob

Savant

Are you referring to Bokken's masterpiece potion? I never ended up getting that one :/

Yosharian

Arcane
plus, I think jaethal, nok nok and the orc bruv are fine
Subtract the orc and we're in agreement

Are you referring to Bokken's masterpiece potion? I never ended up getting that one :/
The fucking randomness of the artifact system is infuriating

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom