Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah I don't know how interesting a randomized dungeon could be for a game like this. Its all about the beastiary and the encounter design after all. And like Shadenaut said, a Durlag's Tower scenario would be ideal. I'm mostly just hoping that it ends up coming with even more CC options.

I fully agree. But it's kinda win for me. I have next-to-none interest in 2nd and 3rd DLCs, so I'll save some cash (well, Feral Wings are nice, but I already finished my Vivi playtrough... the DLC falcata pretty great, but falcatas look... puny and I've discovered some cool synergies with awesome-looking bastard swords, so no biggie).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Still kinda bummed we won't get a Durlag's Tower, and instead get random dungeons which I hate outside of roguelikes. Btw, did they fix endgame?

Shadenuat

Arcane
We sorta got minidurlag, in Varnhold DLC.

Endgame depends on what you want fixed. if you mean is it fun now or not, then more a no than yes

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, I mean engagement/fun factor. It's a shame. Maybe they should've concentrated on fixing endgame or the last DLC being endgame oriented to try to fix it a bit. I would've been disappointed had I gotten the season pass as well, only Varnhold seems worth it or not underwhelming. Eh, afaik the base game itself is already huge enough.

Shadenuat

Arcane
They seem to change encounters and add new monsters all around the game though. Last chapters as well. Probably was done with Varnhold DLC.

Efe

Erudite
what new loot does kaessi dlc add? theres a +3 plate you get from her house at the start of chapter 2. any other early game boosts like that?
should i hurry to do her quest?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
There are some fairly OP items in the final portion of their quest. Mostly geared towards the Kineticist class, AFAIR.
Two items with Fire Immunity (boots and necky I think), one with some stat boosts, one ring to augment Kineticist healing, one ring to augment damage, high end version of Kineticist diadem.

Crichton

Prophet
I, for one, am really looking forward to the pseudo-roguelike mode because I am getting burned out on the main game. I just got coronated and I seem to have a choice between spending one in-year game exploring the map for things I haven't done yet or pressing the kingdom stat rank-up button 24 times. I really don't understand the point of setting up a reward system which incentivizes not actually playing the game. Why not reward the player for completing quests or slaying monsters instead of sitting on the throne pulling levers like a pensioner at a slot machine?

Crichton

Prophet
there is no choice. you are expected to do both

Even if I spent all of the remaining in-game time until the end of the chapter pulling the "work with advisor X to increase Kingdom Rank Y" levers, not only would that preclude exploring since you can't do anything else during that two weeks, I think that still might not be enough time to max all the stats out, depending on how high the rank scale goes.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, you get plenty of time between act IV and V and then in Act VI prior to final Ancient Curse.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I took a break after finishing Varnhold's Lot and now I'm travelling around Varnhold in the main campaign and all these little places where portals appear just fuck my shit up.. Any advice? Should I just come back to them later or is there shit to do against them now?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
little places where portals appear just fuck my shit up..

"Step aside"
XROdtwG.png

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
There are some fairly OP items in the final portion of their quest. Mostly geared towards the Kineticist class, AFAIR.
Two items with Fire Immunity (boots and necky I think), one with some stat boosts, one ring to augment Kineticist healing, one ring to augment damage, high end version of Kineticist diadem.

Some more details (end game stuff though)
Sigil of Destruction (ring): Doubles Kinetic Blast Critical Threat range (and stacks with Imp. Crit.)
Sigil of Creation (ring): Empowers Kinetic Healer talent, adds Restoration effect to the heal
Unmaker (ring): first natural or fist attack in a round casts dispel on hit
Crown of Elements (diadem): +3d6(+3 for physical) simple blast, +6d6(+6 for physical) composite blast, +6 Cha, Wis and Int
Devil's Sash (belt): +8 Con & Dex, poison immunity
Equilibrium (amulet): Immunity to Fire and Cold, +6 Deflection AC
Hellstrider Boots: 30 Fire Resistance, immune to poison

Barbarian

Arcane
The quality of the npc writing is all over the place. Some of it is so bad(in a "looks like fanfiction" sort of way) that I'm having a hard time holding a group of six in the first chapter(I considered some companions too annoying to keep).

I ditched Regongar and Octavia after they both expressed their desire for me to participate in a cuckolding threesome session(that was the day after I rescued both- "in your face" and apparently that dialog appears with no specific input from you, just talk to them). Amiri is annoying and I plan to ditch her as soon as possible. Linzi and Tristian are cliché, but at least *traditional* rpg clichés. Harrim and the undead animu elf are unironically the most tolerable and interesting of the bunch.

Besides writing Nok-Nok, what was the rest of Avellone's input? Or was the rest of his work just a vague "advisor" position?

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I was a little startled to hear slow, sentimental weeaboo music during a chat in the palace garden with Tristian after the revelation about his true self. I thought I turned the music off. As for companions that I liked, well, Octavia. She's so ditsy yet adorable, and it's quite mystifying as to how she met the high intelligence requirement for a wizard. Also, she's the only one I wanted to fuck... and did. Golarion girls are easy.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Started playing this again, for real. Giving it the real spin now.

Playing archery ranger on challenging and some encounters really are challenging(!). Had a blast doing the kobold/mites thing tonight, felt very IWD.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Hope I get to meet up with the DLC thiefling/demon/whatever companion babe soon. I want to "finalize" my party asap so I can turn off exp share. I don't really like that you can alter exp gain that way, but if they put it in the game I'm gonna use it...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I hope you plan for a maximum party size of 4. Otherwise turning xp sharing off would definitely not be worth it.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
6-man party vs 6-man party with exp sharing off do not get more experience. You need less then 6 people to profit from this option, I use it only in chapter 1 when you starting with 4 characters.

Plus, if you playing not full merc party sharing off is extra dangerous because several party members could be unavailable in some parts of game cause plot reasons.

Main point of default exp sharing that any character off-site gets 1/6 of exp you are getting. So, for example you kill enemy worth 600 exp.

With sharing on (default):

- you'll see in the log that you got 100 exp
- it is actually 100 exp for each party member
- all inactive characters will also get 100 exp

With sharing off:
- you'll see in the log that you got 600 exp
- It will be divided between party members, 6-man party gets 100 exp for each person, 4-man party gets 150 exp
- people off site do not get anything

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom