Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Reinhardt

Arcane
I'm pretty sure that happens no matter what. Which is a bit :decline: if you've been cagey about your name, but you are pretty famous at that point so fair enough.
Well, now that i think about it i said to barbarians that i'm local ruler at least once, in spriggan cave.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I started during my first playthrough but it either bugged, or I didn't rest enough on area maps to get the morning camping interactions, because I didn't get any ending slides about it, just "Valerie continued to serve the king" and "many noble houses are sending the king marriage proposals!"
I could booty call her whenever was in the capital, plus she made me a fancy +5 Persuasion shirt, so I'm guessing it was a bug.
Same shit with Octavia. She left with orc even though they broke up near end of the game. AND SHE LEFT HER MOTHER IN MY THRONE ROOM!:argh:
That's why now i go for Nyrissa. Mortal bitches are all bitches. And whores.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Oh god.

You might not believe this, but I've barely played in a while, started over a bunch of times, and been waiting for patches, etc., but now I'm actually progressing for the first time in a long time, and I just met Nok-Nok, and oh god.

I can't believe that someone actually managed to make a likeable character out of the dreck that is Golarion and the Paizo goblins. Even the other goblins are annoying and insufferable, not just in their own right, but as the whole "ha ha so quirky and randum chaotic stupid amirite xD" concept. But Nok-Nok himself, while still being distinctly a goblin out of this type, still manages to be a likeable character.

Also, as a somewhat separate comment, Owlcat should get some kind of reward for managing to have not only one, but two distinct CNPC's that are Chaotic Evil without being walking caricatures. Only once did I feel like Regongar was "out of line" or "kick the dog hurr hurr" in terms of Stupid Evil, and that was when he confessed to setting fire to a dog in the barony (which I couldn't react to appropriately, which actually pissed me off a bit), but the fact that it's only been once so far is almost a bit shocking. I guess there could be an argument that he's more Neutral Evil or Chaotic Neutral than Chaotic Evil, but I think that his actual actions places him firmly as Evil and his nature is definitely in the Chaotic territory, so it all makes sense to me, even though "Chaotic Evil" tend to be relegated to "Chaotic Retardation" (Shar-Teel) or just plain insanity (Tiax, Xzar).

No, Korgan doesn't count, he was clearly Neutral Evil and his alignment was always stupid. This was so widely agreed upon that I think it was even addressed in the unofficial patches, IIRC.

Last edited:

Valtiel

Scholar
started the kingdom management at 12 hours in, wow. But now i'm getting my ass kicked a lot, i've only explored two areas, the troll one with the ranger getting smacked and the spiders one, both cases I couldn't finish the encounter with my lvl 4 pg, I would avoid the spider one but it's time constrained and that last ghostly spider won't come down

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Korgan was clearly lawful. He's merc and he respects our deal.
Korgan respected the deal because it benefited him. While he never commits anything overtly chaotic that I can remember, everything he says and how he acts suggests he's neutral. He has no respect for the law or social conventions, and live by no other creed than what benefits himself, but also have no qualms about entering a deal and sticking to it. Generally, someone that is lawful respects order and hierarchy as a social or personal good, and acts according to principles, whether personal, apersonal, or simply social. Korgan shows no such inclinations. Someone who is chaotic not only does not display any respect for law and order, nor see it as a social ormpersonal good, but also acts accordingly, often seemingly on whim, nor seek to live a structured life according to principles beyond immediate wants or needs, save for questionable personal or moral principles at best. Again, Korgan in no way actually oppose law and order, either, and don't mind taking advantage of it when it suits him, such as adhering to the principles of a contract when enforced by people more principled than himself (but he also has no issue breaking this when it suits him: the law and social convention applies to others, not to him, and he knows it).

And given that he is remarkably selfish as a singular defining trait above all others, he can't be anything other than Neutral Evil.
started the kingdom management at 12 hours in, wow. But now i'm getting my ass kicked a lot, i've only explored two areas, the troll one with the ranger getting smacked and the spiders one, both cases I couldn't finish the encounter with my lvl 4 pg, I would avoid the spider one but it's time constrained and that last ghostly spider won't come down

You got to kingdom management in 12 hours? Who are you, James Dean? How could you evennhave gotten to Kingdom Management and only have explored two areas? So many questions.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Korgan respected the deal because it benefited him. While he never commits anything overtly chaotic that I can remember, everything he says and how he acts suggests he's neutral. He has no respect for the law or social conventions, and live by no other creed than what benefits himself, but also have no qualms about entering a deal and sticking to it. Generally, someone that is lawful respects order and hierarchy as a social or personal good, and acts according to principles, whether personal, apersonal, or simply social. Korgan shows no such inclinations. Someone who is chaotic not only does not display any respect for law and order, nor see it as a social ormpersonal good, but also acts accordingly, often seemingly on whim, nor seek to live a structured life according to principles beyond immediate wants or needs, save for questionable personal or moral principles at best. Again, Korgan in no way actually oppose law and order, either, and don't mind taking advantage of it when it suits him, such as adhering to the principles of a contract when enforced by people more principled than himself (but he also has no issue breaking this when it suits him: the law and social convention applies to others, not to him, and he knows it).

And given that he is remarkably selfish as a singular defining trait above all others, he can't be anything other than Neutral Evil.
giphy.gif

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I can't believe that someone actually managed to make a likeable character out of the dreck that is Golarion and the Paizo goblins. Even the other goblins are annoying and insufferable, not just in their own right, but as the whole "ha ha so quirky and randum chaotic stupid amirite xD" concept. But Nok-Nok himself, while still being distinctly a goblin out of this type, still manages to be a likeable character.
Well, considering who that "someone" is, I was always optimistic Nok-Nok would be well-written.

Also, as a somewhat separate comment, Paizo should get some kind of reward for managing to have not only one, but two distinct CNPC's that are Chaotic Evil without being walking caricatures. Only once did I feel like Regongar was "out of line" or "kick the dog hurr hurr" in terms of Stupid Evil, and that was when he confessed to setting fire to a dog in the barony (which I couldn't react to appropriately, which actually pissed me off a bit), but the fact that it's only been once so far is almost a bit shocking. I guess there could be an argument that he's more Neutral Evil or Chaotic Neutral than Chaotic Evil, but I think that his actual actions places him firmly as Evil and his nature is definitely in the Chaotic territory, so it all makes sense to me, even though "Chaotic Evil" tend to be relegated to "Chaotic Retardation" (Shar-Teel) or just plain insanity (Tiax, Xzar).

No, Korgan doesn't count, he was clearly Neutral Evil and his alignment was always stupid. This was so widely agreed upon that I think it was even addressed in the unofficial patches, IIRC.
Completely agree. I rolled my eyes when they announced Regongar in the kickstarter, like "ooh loledgy CE half orc, wow." But he's actually quite a good and fleshed- out character (although I still didn't like him much until a little bit after his introduction, and I never saw that dog interaction you mentioned). His personal quest actually reminded me somewhat of Eder's in PoE1, in a positive way. And, I would definitely say his alignment is pegged correctly at CE.
Nok-Nok of course is awesome.
Overall I really like the companions in this game, with the exception of some :retarded: writing choices in Linzi's and Tristian's quests. And except for Octavia of course.

I started during my first playthrough but it either bugged, or I didn't rest enough on area maps to get the morning camping interactions, because I didn't get any ending slides about it, just "Valerie continued to serve the king" and "many noble houses are sending the king marriage proposals!"
I could booty call her whenever was in the capital, plus she made me a fancy +5 Persuasion shirt, so I'm guessing it was a bug.
Same shit with Octavia. She left with orc even though they broke up near end of the game. AND SHE LEFT HER MOTHER IN MY THRONE ROOM!:argh:
That's why now i go for Nyrissa. Mortal bitches are all bitches. And whores.
:brodex:

Parabalus

Arcane
Can you recover the items from the NPCs that get axed in House at the edge of time? My Linzi had a bunch of the best items I had, can't loot her corpse.

ArchAngel

Arcane
>Send Amiri to infiltrate the barb camp
>DC30 Diplo check
>On a character you would never ever level diplo on

73lEuRH.jpg
Kind of same when you find Nok Nok. If you take him into your party immediately and find Goblin chieftain he asks to go face him alone. Then you get a story book even that is full of skill checks that only Nok Nok rolls for but they are for skills he has no points in :happytrollboy:

PrettyDeadman

>DC30 Diplo check

73lEuRH.jpg
Kind of same when you find Nok Nok. If you take him into your party immediately and find Goblin chieftain he asks to go face him alone. Then you get a story book even that is full of skill checks that only Nok Nok rolls for but they are for skills he has no points in :happytrollboy:

That does sound annoying, but what alternative can there be? Avoid situations when you have to pass any checks while palying as single character altogether? That seems like cutting content. Or avoid let the player go through content intended for individual characters as full party?

Reinhardt

Arcane
>DC30 Diplo check

73lEuRH.jpg
Nah, only thief skills. For talking game uses your main character iirc.

ArchAngel

Arcane
>DC30 Diplo check

73lEuRH.jpg
Nah, only thief skills. For talking game uses your main character iirc.
It didn't for me. It used Nok Nok for everything in that scene. Maybe you didn't let Nok Nok try it alone like he asked you.

ArchAngel

Arcane
In that scene you can eh discract gobos, mock the king. That's diplomacy and bluff rest just trickery and mobility checks.
And if you fail any of those Persuasion checks you fail the scene. I passed both trickery and mobility ones but that was not enough.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Don't fail them then. Did this event 3 times in 3 different playtroughs and never had any problems. First try everytime.

Now Shrewish Gulch skill checks are pure cancer...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Don't fail them then. Did this event 3 times in 3 different playtroughs and never had any problems. First try everytime.

I don't savescum if I don't have to..

ArchAngel

Arcane

Reinhardt

Arcane

I don't savescum if I don't have to..
Where i said anything about savescum? You don't need to if you just pass checks.
So your advice for bad design is get lucky?! Are you for real?
I said i easily passed Nok-Nok quest checks each time. So either get lucky or just be somewhat competent main character and learn how to talk.

Parabalus

Arcane
Can you really not loot your dead companions in House at the edge of time?

I'm really hoping that's a bug, otherwise this is the most retarded shit I've ever seen in a game.

Elex

Arbiter
Lolol, bros. You can use Tarttucio's ring during a Pitax tournament dialogue.

This is why I hoard. THIS... is why I hoard...
you can use also the dryad necklace in another quest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom