Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Elex

Arbiter
>Send Amiri to infiltrate the barb camp
>DC30 Diplo check
>On a character you would never ever level diplo on

73lEuRH.jpg
you are not forced of level up her as barbarian.
At that point i realized DEV KNOW.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Don't fail them then. Did this event 3 times in 3 different playtroughs and never had any problems. First try everytime.

Now Shrewish Gulch skill checks are pure cancer...
I don't savescum if I don't have to..
Where i said anything about savescum? You don't need to if you just pass checks.
So your advice for bad design is get lucky?! Are you for real?
I said i easily passed Nok-Nok quest checks each time. So either get lucky or just be somewhat competent main character and learn how to talk.
I remember for sure, that this book quest has at least one test, that Nok-Nok isn't able to pass since it has 20+ DC and he has 0 points in that skill. Don't remember which one though. That doesn't change the fact, the entire quest is perfectly doable by choosing different options.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Lolol, bros. You can use Tarttucio's ring during a Pitax tournament dialogue.

This is why I hoard. THIS... is why I hoard...
you can use also the dryad necklace in another quest
At this point I got a bunch of random items in my inventory that I didn't find a use for and I got rid of some of them later (toys from Stag Lord lieutenant; deadly berry that I didn't give to a guy that asked for it; some unicorn horn that did nothing so far and some others).
Maybe some of these items will be like Pantaloons from BG series and later in some expansion/DLC they can unlock something.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Don't fail them then. Did this event 3 times in 3 different playtroughs and never had any problems. First try everytime.

Where i said anything about savescum? You don't need to if you just pass checks.
I said i easily passed Nok-Nok quest checks each time. So either get lucky or just be somewhat competent main character and learn how to talk.
You get this character on previous that same map already leveled up with skills that devs chose for him and then on this same next map devs make a custom content for that same character and then put in skill checks for skills that devs didn't give him.
Player has no fucking way to fix this, at least with Amiri you got her at lvl 1 and you could have put points into Persuasion if you wanted to, the Nok Nok thing is either a bug or a brainfart from devs.

EDIT: fixed my mistake.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

You get this character on that same map already leveled up with skills that devs chose for him and then on this same map devs make a custom content for that same character and then put in skill checks for skills that devs didn't give him.
Player has no fucking way to fix this, at least with Amiri you got her at lvl 1 and you could have put points into Persuasion if you wanted to, the Nok Nok thing is either a bug or a brainfart from devs.
:whatho:
You get nok nok on the gomblin village map,no checks needed to get him. He later uses stealth and trickery to win over the goblin king,he have skills for that. Still i do agree that getting levelled companions is retarded.

Reinhardt

Arcane
He has thief skills to steal crown while you with your talking skills distract gobbos. So if it's Nok-Nok diplomacy check you got bug.

Parabalus

Arcane
Yeah, the PC has persuasion checks, Nok-Nok has trickery, mobility and stealth - that's how it was for me, else it's a bug.

The Amiri diplomacy check is trolling by the developers, go south to smash a barricade.

ArchAngel

Arcane
He has thief skills to steal crown while you with your talking skills distract gobbos. So if it's Nok-Nok diplomacy check you got bug.
It is not his check,it is the PC check,i doubt that it is a bug,he just failed the check.
It could be. I only did that with my evil party run. I use Jaethal for persuasion checks and she was in the party. Usually she gets to do all those checks when she is in the party, and if this time game forced my main to do it, it is possible that I assumed that it actually made Nok Nok do it as he was the one do to checks before that one.
If that is the case, it is still bad design, just not as bad as what I assumed it was.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is not his check,it is the PC check,i doubt that it is a bug,he just failed the check.
It could be. I only did that with my evil party run. I use Jaethal for persuasion checks and she was in the party. Usually she gets to do all those checks when she is in the party, and if this time game forced my main to do it, it is possible that I assumed that it actually made Nok Nok do it as he was the one do to checks before that one.
If that is the case, it is still bad design, just not as bad as what I assumed it was.
How is bad design to fail a diplo/bluff check? Bad design is the fact that you get a pre levelled companion,not the check.

ArchAngel

Arcane
How is bad design to fail a diplo/bluff check? Bad design is the fact that you get a pre levelled companion,not the check.
Bad design is to let you use companions for Persuasion checks and then suddenly not let you use one when that companion is in your party. And it was not even some ruler thing...

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Bad design is to let you use companions for Persuasion checks and then suddenly not let you use one when that companion is in your party. And it was not even some ruler thing...
I didn't even noticed that you could use other characters for diplo. There is few times you chose a character for other checks but i don't remember seeing a diplo option.

Parabalus

Arcane
I didn't even noticed that you could use other characters for diplo. There is few times you chose a character for other checks but i don't remember seeing a diplo option.

Most checks auto use the best one in your party, eg. will checks which obviously pertain to your PC still use a party member.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Wow that was quick how they fixed muh critical bug. If we count they begin working at 9 am - about 4 hours.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just managed to kill Thundervine,it was the toughest battle i have had in this game. That regen and endless health pool,also fucking lightning rain slowing me down. The reward was incredibly shitty,a 480 xp and a useless +5 bracers of armour :argh:.

Parabalus

Arcane
Just managed to kill Thundervine,it was the toughest battle i have had in this game. That regen and endless health pool,also fucking lightning rain slowing me down. The reward was incredibly shitty,a 480 xp and a useless +5 bracers of armour :argh:.

Those one map portals to first world are the worst - why can you enter a cave without a loading screen, but a portal gets you a lengthy one?!?

:mob:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So what is the opinion on the Codex for the announced DLCs?

(Too lazy to go through 30+ pages to find where the discussion begins)

Riel

Arcane
Great, so I start my new playthrough as an Aasimar Crusader and after I sleep at Oleg's after the first fight I find Jaethal, Hagrim (who had decided to go with Tartucio) and tartucio himself in the courtyard... So much for the bug fixing.... Anyone knows if this is just a cosmetic bug or is it going to cause anything worst later?

*I can speak normally with Jaehtal and Hagrim as if they had come with me to Oleg's but they are not in their usual positon but in the south western corner withing the wall.
*Tartucio has no dialogue
*They are not selectable as party members when I leave the trade post.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom