Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous now on Kickstarter

Where does it say you pick a mythic path from the start? Did I miss something? I thought you started as a normal character and then picked one later

Mortmal

Arcane
Backed too, however i noticed some error in the tier list, even at 28$ you get access to the alpha too, just a bit later at release date.

jerfdr

Educated
I don't want to choose to be a lich from a menu of options, I want to reach that with the choices I make and exploration in-game. And then be given a narrative option somewhere down the line to kill my companions and raise them as undead. Ugh, I just came a little. There is nothing worse than having no consequences for being a necromancer and it making no sense because of that.
From what they are saying, what you describe is exactly what they're planning (i.e. you take specific mythic paths exclusively through a chain of story decisions, not by choosing your path in a menu).

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
So I always kinda felt that if you need to Kickstart the second project (especially in the same IP/franchise) you should probably not be doing it. I cannot think of an example or situation where this has been successful, or launched a successful product.

To put it another way: if you don't make enough money for a sequel after selling the first game, or if the game hasn't elicited such interest from a publisher or other funding source so as to fund another go at it, you should probably not make a sequel.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Better hurry up before this is gone

Pledge $10,000
Part of the Team
You will get everything from the previous tiers. You will collaborate with the development team to create a name for a boss in the game, and one of the player characters’ portraits will resemble your face. You will also be invited to a party in Moscow with Owlcat Games.

Note: All tiers with physical rewards will include one copy of the game and an extra charge for shipping costs. Travel expenses to Moscow are not included.

INCLUDES:
  • Digital Download of Pathfinder: WotR
  • Pathfinder: WotR Boxed Edition Signed by Dev Team
  • Set of 8 Digital Books from Paizo to Run a Tabletop Campaign
  • Collector's Box
  • Printed Manual
  • Sticker Pack
  • Metal Pin
  • Art Book
  • Cloth World Map
  • 120mm Figurine (Painted)
  • Pendant (Silver)
  • T-shirt
  • OST Vinyl
  • Dice Tower
  • Beta Early Access
  • Name in Credits (Special Thanks)
  • Hall of Fame (In-Game)
  • "Commander" Forum Badge + Discord Role
  • 4Ă— Special In-Game Item
  • Digital World Map
  • Digital OST
  • Digital Art Book
  • Your Portrait in the Game
  • Boss Name Created by You
  • Party with Devs in Moscow
ESTIMATED DELIVERYJun 2021
SHIPS TOAnywhere in the world
Limited (1 left of 1)0 backers

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't want to choose to be a lich from a menu of options, I want to reach that with the choices I make and exploration in-game. And then be given a narrative option somewhere down the line to kill my companions and raise them as undead. Ugh, I just came a little. There is nothing worse than having no consequences for being a necromancer and it making no sense because of that.
From what they are saying, what you describe is exactly what they're planning (i.e. you take specific mythic paths exclusively through a chain of story decisions, not by choosing your path in a menu).
I doubt they'll have the balls to lock us into particular mythic paths probably 10s of hours into the game because of the choices we've made. I'd love to see that, but I think it's obvious they won't do it when it's presented like that. It's either that or we'll choose our path like 2 hours in, so it's easily replayable if you mess up and didn't get the thing you wanted.

Ol'man

Educated
Well, kickstarter 1st stretch already about to be hit.

Wasn't the Hellknight quest a backer thing? Can we please not make shit like that a stretch goal, if it was?

M. AQVILA

Arcane
Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons and rise to power by choosing one of six available Mythic Paths. Master their abilities and change the world around you as an Angel, a Lich, a Trickster, an Aeon, a Demon, or an Azata. Each Mythic Path leads to unique skills and appearance, and greatly impacts the game’s story.

That's pretty cool. I'm looking forward to this game.

jerfdr

Educated
So I always kinda felt that if you need to Kickstart the second project (especially in the same IP/franchise) you should probably not be doing it. I cannot think of an example or situation where this has been successful, or launched a successful product.

To put it another way: if you don't make enough money for a sequel after selling the first game, or if the game hasn't elicited such interest from a publisher or other funding source so as to fund another go at it, you should probably not make a sequel.

Divinity: OS2 had a Kickstarer after the fairly successfull D:OS1, and ended up being the most financially successful CRPG of the last decade.

And Owlcats themselves say that they have enough money as is (without the Kickstarter funds) to fund Wrath, it's even written on the Kickstarter page.

Basically, they use this Kickstarter as an advertisement campaign, and this makes a lot of sense, in my opinion (win-win scenario for everyone: we get preorders with a discount, and they get marketing).

This thread makes me bloody sick. All you Pathfinderfags are just tripping over your dicks, frantically stuffing your cash down the Russkies' throats for a game in which your characters are so OP its not funny. Leading armies ? ffs, play a fucking proper wargame then, not this upcoming abortion.

Mighty nerds, I have a suggestion:

The codex should run a fundraiser to raise 10k for the Be Part of the Team tier, and then send Gregz to Moscow as our rep.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
Divinity: OS2 had a Kickstarer after the fairly successfull D:OS1, and ended up being the most financially successful CRPG of the last decade.
But also the most fucked up by voter ideas. Armors and shit itemization were effectively answers to user complaints about combat RNG and gratification.

The codex should run a fundraiser to raise 10k for the Be Part of the Team tier, and then send Gregz to Moscow as our rep.
A night of solid Russian drinking would turn him into a fanatic follower. Or a corpse.

Last edited:

User0001

Savant
Stretch goals incoming:

32ac114f1e239706b820d0dcb96fb299_original.png

Mortmal

Arcane
I'll mega cum all over myself if they make Tb-mode stretch goal
You are an harbinger of decline, decline incarnated, good sir, as a D&D turn based game can only be good if designed to be turn based from its very roots, encounter design is very different in both case. You cant make both play style coexist.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Didn't manage to contain my unusual enthusiasm and pledged $40. First crowdfunding thingy I ever backed and almost certainly the last one.

Game is bound to suck now, sorry everyone.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

Yeah, I forgot about them. That's a good point.

User0001

Savant
You are an harbinger of decline, decline incarnated, good sir, as a D&D turn based game can only be good if designed to be turn based from its very roots, encounter design is very different in both case. You cant make both play style coexist.

It made pfk great, and that's all that matters. But I'll give you even more blasphemy, TOEE had sprinkles of bad encounter design despite being turn based from its very roots (still like it). Mortmal, I welcome incoming retarded rating, if you so choose.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

It made pfk great, and that's all that matters. But I'll give you even more blasphemy, TOEE had sprinkles of bad encounter despite being turn based from its very roots (still like it). Mortmal, I welcome your incoming :retarded: rating.
That's not blasphemy , there's no such thing as perfect turn based crpg .whats the points anyway ,we had so few of them , TOEE was the last real official D&D turn based game i can remember , kotc had no license. As for retarded rating you know even if i wanted to , i cant, my account was mutilated by darkunderlord, while being the most respectful poster and never Breaking any written codex rules. Now if i am fed up of people in the Iggy bin they go.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I doubt they'll have the balls to lock us into particular mythic paths probably 10s of hours into the game because of the choices we've made. I'd love to see that, but I think it's obvious they won't do it when it's presented like that. It's either that or we'll choose our path like 2 hours in, so it's easily replayable if you mess up and didn't get the thing you wanted.

Gothic 2 managed to do that in a way that was neither obtuse, nor too "mechanical", so it can be done, if they are willing to do so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom