Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I was going to play Paladin, but fuck that.

I want to be the calvary, so Cavalier it is.
View attachment 15770

Gendarme is going to ROCK. Hap is going to Vital Strike that shit for 2,000 damage.

Shinros

Learned
I’m level six before end of ch 1, so yeah, but it kind of sux.

I disagree, Hellknight isn't finished yet but if you are planning to make a thug build you can do it without dipping into the class. Plus you get all the benefits of additional persuasion, armour training, lawful weapons, special weapon attributes, resistances and immunity to fire. Along with the bonuses against charm, fear and compulsion. Considering Regill's dex build, he benefits hugely from the armour training and also has decent touch ac, with mythic weapon finesse he's a great frontliner. Let's not forget the buffs you can add on top of him as well. And he has smite.

Fearsomeness (Ex; any order): A Hell Knight who successfully uses the Intimidate skill to cause a creature within 10 feet to become shaken can instead cause that creature to become frightened.

Plus the Godclaw discipline is pretty great. (It's not in the game yet, so Regill can't pick it.) Currently the only order disciplines in the game at the moment are rack, chain and nail.

Pentamic Faith (Ex; Order of the God Claw only): This ability allows the Hell Knight to select one of the following domains: Artifice, Glory, Knowledge, Law, Magic, Nobility, Protection, Rune, Strength, Travel, or War. The Hell Knight gains the granted powers (but not domain spells) of that domain, treating his Hell Knight levels as cleric levels to determine what domain abilities he has access to.

Desiderius

Patron
I’m level six before end of ch 1, so yeah, but it kind of sux.

I disagree, Hellknight isn't finished yet but if you are planning to make a thug build you can do it without dipping into the class. Plus you get all the benefits of additional persuasion, armour training, lawful weapons, special weapon attributes, resistances and immunity to fire. Along with the bonuses against charm, fear and compulsion. Considering Regill's dex build, he benefits hugely from the armour training and also has decent touch ac, with mythic weapon finesse he's a great frontliner. Let's not forget the buffs you can add on top of him as well. And he has smite.

Fearsomeness (Ex; any order): A Hell Knight who successfully uses the Intimidate skill to cause a creature within 10 feet to become shaken can instead cause that creature to become frightened.

Plus the Godclaw discipline is pretty great. (It's not in the game yet, so Regill can't pick it.) Currently the only order disciplines in the game at the moment are rack, chain and nail.

Pentamic Faith (Ex; Order of the God Claw only): This ability allows the Hell Knight to select one of the following domains: Artifice, Glory, Knowledge, Law, Magic, Nobility, Protection, Rune, Strength, Travel, or War. The Hell Knight gains the granted powers (but not domain spells) of that domain, treating his Hell Knight levels as cleric levels to determine what domain abilities he has access to.

Once you have one Domain you can get another via Mythic Impossible Domain so if he can pick up Inspiring Command from Nobility that would be clutch. Touch of Law is the Take 11 thing.

What Regill specifically is missing though is five Bonus Feats, Three Weapon Trainings, and Three Advanced Weapon Training Feats that he misses from his base class by taking HK which is a shit ton and sorely needed by Regill since two-weapon DEX builds are very Feat hungry.

Signifier seems a little ho hum when I took a look at it since most of the perks seem like PnP RP type of goo. Maybe I’m missing something, though.

I’m also hyped on what type of charging we’re all going to be doing and the Haplo numbers, mon amie

Shinros

Learned
Once you have one Domain you can get another via Mythic Impossible Domain so if he can pick up Inspiring Command from Nobility that would be clutch.

What Regill specifically is missing though is five Bonus Feats, Three Weapon Trainings, and Three Advanced Weapon Training Feats that he misses from his base class by taking HK which is a shit ton and sorely needed by Regill since two-weapon DEX builds are very Feat hungry.

Fair, normally when you invest into a prestige class you're losing something. As said the advanced weapon training, but so far on my core run, I'm not having much issue hitting things with regill's hooked hammer and his damage I find is decent. It could be more with the feats you mentioned, but as with most things in this game you can circumvent that. Considering he has many attacks due to the build he comes with, I picked up hammer the gap and outflank (Camellia has it as well). The honourable judgement is also a decent weapon that can carry him through most fights, considering his a gnome he has a good con bonus. So he can get punched in the face and avoid attacks without falling over.

Compared to you my knowledge is limited, but then if you do decide to take him further on his fighter levels, he loses out on the will bonuses HK provides and the HK disciplines, considering how jacked the enemies are on higher difficulties and we're facing demons. You can find value in that. It's merely a question of what you value more.

Desiderius

Patron
Signifier seems a little ho hum when I took a look at it since most of the perks seem like PnP RP type of goo. Maybe I’m missing something, though.

I’m also hyped on what type of charging we’re all going to be doing and the Haplo numbers, mon amie

There’s an early armor that knocks stuff down when you Charge.

Desiderius

Patron
Once you have one Domain you can get another via Mythic Impossible Domain so if he can pick up Inspiring Command from Nobility that would be clutch.

Fair, normally when you invest into a prestige class you're losing something. As said the advanced weapon training, but so far on my core run, I'm not having much issue hitting things with regill's hooked hammer and his damage I find is decent. It could be more with the feats you mentioned, but as with most things in this game you can circumvent that. Considering he has many attacks due to the build he comes with, I picked up hammer the gap and outflank (Camellia has it as well). The honourable judgement is also a decent weapon that can carry him through most fights, considering his a gnome he has a good con bonus. So he can get punched in the face and avoid attacks without falling over.

Compared to you my knowledge is limited, but then if you do decide to take him further on his fighter levels, he loses out on the will bonuses HK provides and the HK disciplines, considering how jacked the enemies are on higher difficulties and we're facing demons. You can find value in that. It's merely a question of what you value more.

He only comes with two attax. You have to burn Feats he doesn’t really have to get more. Really want to get Shatter Defenses and Dreadful Carnage to go with Fearsomeness and to land all those iteratives/secondaries but you’re looking at four feats to get there.

I’d say HK should get at least two bonus feats. Some of those levels are real stinkers. Also, nobody knows shit at this point.

Shinros

Learned
He only comes with two attax. You have to burn Feats he doesn’t really have to get more. Really want to get Shatter Defenses and Dreadful Carnage to go with Fearsomeness and to land all those iteratives/secondaries but you’re looking at four feats to get there.

I’d say HK should get at least two bonus feats. Some of those levels are real stinkers. Also, nobody knows shit at this point.

I would say bonus feats would be helpful, I agree with you there. You're right that no one knows anything at this point, the game is still in alpha and HK isn't even finished. I just find it strange that on the owlcat forums people are stating certain companions are trash, then it becomes quite clear they never took the time to examine their abilities and how you can bring it together in a group.

I would say bonus feats would be helpful, I agree with you there. You're right that no one knows anything at this point, the game is still in alpha and HK isn't even finished. I just find it strange that on the owlcat forums people are stating certain companions are trash, then it becomes quite clear they never took the time to examine their abilities and how you can bring it together in a group.

Most other forums posts about what’s good or not are retarded, tbh

A lot of people seem to home in on one type of exploiting the game and don’t consider any of the other options and make assertions that they can’t back up empirically

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just find it strange that on the owlcat forums people are stating certain companions are trash, then it becomes quite clear they never took the time to examine their abilities and how you can bring it together in a group.
You wouldn't have found it strange at all if you'd seen some of the discussions about KM's companions. Many people are just irredeemably retarded.

Shinros

Learned
Leaks for the devil, again this might not be true. Could be subject to change etc, the poster who said this could be lying, so...

The devil advisor Aeon gets works for Mephistopheles that piece of information is revealed as you ask him questions in the current alpha, but apparently at some point the archdevil comes to visit you, so does the queen of Cheliax.

Desiderius

Patron

Just one dork mostly.

They’re saying looks like HK needs some help. If you’ve leveled one up alongside a Fighter it’s hard to argue.

Desiderius

Patron

Most other forums posts about what’s good or not are retarded, tbh

A lot of people seem to home in on one type of exploiting the game and don’t consider any of the other options and make assertions that they can’t back up empirically

There’s a back and forth on the Owlcat forums where this guy keeps insisting on talking down to me with his exquisitely calculated negative theorycrafting and I keep posting screenshots of wasting a boss singlehandedly in one round on hard with the class he’s ragging on while he impotently sputters.

It’s great.

Vatnik Wumao
Leaks for the devil, again this might not be true. Could be subject to change etc, the poster who said this could be lying, so...

The devil advisor Aeon gets works for Mephistopheles that piece of information is revealed as you ask him questions in the current alpha, but apparently at some point the archdevil comes to visit you, so does the queen of Cheliax.
That does sound great. Probably too good to be true though.

Desiderius

Patron
Desiderius you're nothing comparing to InEffect anyway.

Thank God.

This guy was obviously from the InEffect school. The man himself showed up in some thread that got necroed on Steam which I’m on now so unfortunately clicked on the alert. Telling some kid to cast Stinking Cloud on Tartuccio and Hargulka.

Shinros

Learned

He gave us a sneak peak, this reads like owlcat's writing. So I think it's true.

"I saw a unique creature and became interested in it. Many forces were watching you, but I took a place in the front row. And after watching, I desired to meet you. If you prove yourself worthy of my gifts and my patronage, of course"
"Face it, Commander. You are not an Aeon. Aeons are born in space, from pure energies, from metaphysical forces that mortals cannot grasp. You are a creature of flesh and blood. The witch's experiment. Something unpredictable. And you cannot be infallible"

Vatnik Wumao

He gave us a sneak peak, this reads like owlcat's writing. So I think it's true.

"I saw a unique creature and became interested in it. Many forces were watching you, but I took a place in the front row. And after watching, I desired to meet you. If you prove yourself worthy of my gifts and my patronage, of course"
"Face it, Commander. You are not an Aeon. Aeons are born in space, from pure energies, from metaphysical forces that mortals cannot grasp. You are a creature of flesh and blood. The witch's experiment. Something unpredictable. And you cannot be infallible"
The witch's experiment? What's it referencing?

Shinros

Learned
That's alpha information. For sake of people who don't want to know.

Areelu has done something to the PC in relation to mythic power, her experiment is why the PC has the mythic power.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom