Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shinros

Learned
The witch's experiment? What's it referencing?
Well the dataminer has me hook line and sinker, the stuff he's posting now? Yup, 100%. Lines up with what's seen in the Alpha and the Aeon advisor.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Why Stinking Cloud with good DC would not work on Tartuccio?

He’s not the problem.

In any event using persistent effects that exploit poor AI (fixed in Wrath where most bosses are Poison Immune so far) and implementation of Delay Poison is dumb, especially since he cheeses most of the game that way so gives poor advice based on the lack of knowledge he never needed to develop.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
That's alpha information. For sake of people who don't want to know.

Areelu has done something to the PC in relation to mythic power, her experiment is why the PC has the mythic power.

Totally romancing her

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
In any event persistent effects that exploit poor AI
The question is - what is smart AI behaviour in this case? Run from the cloud so it works like Fear? Cast Delay Poison on himself - OK, but in the case you're talking about neither Tartuccio nor Hargulka have this spell. Well, they can run nauseated, so that's that, but... I just do not see good alternative to being in Stinking Cloud without some kind of an antidote.

The question is - what is smart AI behaviour in this case? Run from the cloud so it works like Fear? Cast Delay Poison on himself - OK, but in the case you're talking about neither Tartuccio nor Hargulka have this spell. Well, they can run nauseated, so that's that, but... I just do not see good alternative to being in Stinking Cloud without some kind of an antidote.

Smart AI would have been reading the steam forums and figured out that he should have been putting delay poison on himself and his boy Hargulka 24/7 like the pc does.

In a world where a common level 3 spell almost guarantees certain death for you and everyone you know, and there is an hour/per level buff you can have on you perpetually that will let you avoid being stinking clouded from off screen and having a kukri shoved up your ass, well you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out..

Desiderius

Patron

Mobs living in a Troll Hideout aren’t going to be nauseated by a mere Stinking Cloud. They live in a Stinking Cloud.

Immune to Nauseated for starters. Would also remove a fav way of taking out Harg (Cacophonous Call). Smart AI behavior would be prebuffing, including having a Shaman on hand for Delay Poison, since the party has been killing everyone in the place so should be on guard, especially if you did Jazon entrance.

Or yes failing all that running out of the Cloud.

BarbequeMasta

Learned

Mobs living in a Troll Hideout aren’t going to be nauseated by a mere Stinking Cloud. They live in a Stinking Cloud.

Immune to Nauseated for starters. Would also remove a fav way of taking out Harg (Cacophonous Call). Smart AI behavior would be prebuffing, including having a Shaman on hand for Delay Poison, since the party has been killing everyone in the place so should be on guard, especially if you did Jazon entrance.

Btw do enemies in WotR alpha prebuff?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Btw do enemies in WotR alpha prebuff?

They do in sense they have a permanent buff spells on them. Usually reserved to optional encounters/bosses. Usually they prebuff stuff like True Seeing, Attributes stuff (Cat Grace, etc), Mage Armor. You can dispel those effect if you have Dispel. Some spells they still cast manually in battle.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Man, this is gonna be such a hard choice. Not only selecting base class/archetype, but also Mythic Path(s) now... damn.
Trickster sure does look cool. But potentially also Aeon, maybe Legend, depending on their abilities.

And foxes get Pounce? Damn. Might have to play one... as Vivisectionist maybe? Or a Scoundrel.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Smarm-that-talks
I read its creature card, the thing is bonkers. Will it be the same for MC? Like 15 DR/- and WIS to AC just for a start.

Do you have to be a spellcaster to become one or you can stack invulnerable rager 20 with it for something like 31 DR/- before any items?

Shadenuat

Arcane
Here is the Arueshalae figurine
If we imagine bowstring, I'm not sure pose makes sense
Also, bowstrings were solved, by GW at least - their last elf archers do have them. Sure I can make one from wire and stuff but eh. Just make hands and bow separate or bow separate from hands.
Needs actual detail on wings like veins and stuff
Rocks on base are too banal and meh needs work

Obviously unpainted duh.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Smarm-that-talks
I read its creature card, the thing is bonkers. Will it be the same for MC? Like 15 DR/- and WIS to AC just for a start.

Do you have to be a spellcaster to become one or you can stack invulnerable rager 20 with it for something like 31 DR/- before any items?
It's not in the alpha, it will likely be very strong, none of the other Mythics have class restrictions so I don't see why Swarm would.
It may even end up being the strongest Mythic since it looks like going Swarm means that you
eat your companions
so they will likely have to compensate for that
I think Desiderius' joke missed you though.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Hmm, so Jewb's only taking 369 damage then?

Farrinas Banshee.jpg

Pwned!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom