Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

millenialboomer

Literate
If you have the money, it's well worth a pickup at this point. I've been in a lot of Alphas, but this is by far the least buggy one I've seen: less buggy than Kingmaker well into release. Like other people in this thread have pointed out, there is a lot of opportunity for replay-ability here.

Shinros

Learned
If you have the money, it's well worth a pickup at this point. I've been in a lot of Alphas, but this is by far the least buggy one I've seen: less buggy than Kingmaker well into release. Like other people in this thread have pointed out, there is a lot of opportunity for replay-ability here.

This is the reason why I want Owlcat to take their time, if they can get a pretty bug free launch? As I said the game will be really popular.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

This is the reason why I want Owlcat to take their time, if they can get a pretty bug free launch? As I said the game will be really popular.

I want them to wrap this up so they can get to work on the next one. This one’s close to ready.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

I want them to wrap this up so they can get to work on the next one. This one’s close to ready.
I hope they do either jade Regent or Carrion Crown next.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Rise of the Runelords and We Be Goblins! are the right choices.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I wonder what their plan for the future will be since they're doing mythic paths now, and removing mythic paths in sequels may seem like a regression from WOTR. Removing options in a sequel won't be looked kindly upon. They may be stuck with mythic paths in all future games. Although I guess pathfinder did it successfully with the AP's.

I just like undead so I want an adventure path that leans into it heavily.

Gordian Nutt

Educated
Best character portraits in any RPG lacked "sharpness".

Justin Sweet and Jason Manley are great artists

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I want a dlc like black pits in baldurs gate 1 and 2 EE, except I know owlcat games can make better encounter designs than beamdog. blackpits was a good idea, and I want to see owlcat do it. Go into an arena, fight, get a prize for winning, buy some equips, then go into the next fight. Sometimes that's the only gameplay loop we need.

I want a dlc like black pits in baldurs gate 1 and 2 EE, except I know owlcat games can make better encounter designs than beamdog. blackpits was a good idea, and I want to see owlcat do it. Go into an arena, fight, get a prize for winning, buy some equips, then go into the next fight. Sometimes that's the only gameplay loop we need.

This would be cool. I've been playing Beneath the Stolen Lands with Call of the Wild splat, and it's pretty close to being what I want but the gameplay loop could use better shopping. The vendor will have only +1 weapons and belts of +2 muscles when in the main campaign you would be getting some really build defining loot by that point.

Buffing as you rapidly level up can take a large portion of the time in a loop but I don't expect them to address something like that without a mod.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I don't understand why they haven't started preorders + marketing on Steam when they plan to release the game in about half a year. Owlcat haven't even said if Deep Silver will be their publisher again.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Their focus on the ensuring the quality and depth of basegame makes me excited for when they get around to their post-launch plan. Hopefully this means that there'll be some real Expansions to go with whatever piecemeal DLC they'll inevitably put out. I hunger for more end-game, high level content to truly test the limits of mythic power.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

This would be cool. I've been playing Beneath the Stolen Lands with Call of the Wild splat, and it's pretty close to being what I want but the gameplay loop could use better shopping. The vendor will have only +1 weapons and belts of +2 muscles when in the main campaign you would be getting some really build defining loot by that point.

Buffing as you rapidly level up can take a large portion of the time in a loop but I don't expect them to address something like that without a mod.

Everytime you spawn the game you get an assortment of random loot at the vendors (including endgame/artisan stuff you might rarely see) that you can work toward. If you don’t like that you can just reroll.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm hoping for Curse of the Crimson Throne, myself. But Carrion Crown would be interesting if they improved its coherency by as much as they did Kingmaker's. An improved Mummy's Mask wouldn't be bad either.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
I wonder what their plan for the future will be since they're doing mythic paths now, and removing mythic paths in sequels may seem like a regression from WOTR. Removing options in a sequel won't be looked kindly upon. They may be stuck with mythic paths in all future games. Although I guess pathfinder did it successfully with the AP's.

I just like undead so I want an adventure path that leans into it heavily.

This is my worry as well. I am well thinking that WotR is the last out of Pf 1e CRPG they are going to make because it won't make much sense to have non-mythic Pathfinder game in the future as it will be feature regression, not to mention narrative regression as the Mythic Path in WotR gives so much replayability.

And then there is the fact that their next game is supposed to be TB sc-fi as well.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
And then there is the fact that their next game is supposed to be TB sc-fi as well.

This is disapointing to hear. I'm more of a fantasy fan than sci-fi and I feel like there are a bunch of turn-based games coming out to scratch the itch but owlcat are the only ones giving us some good rtwp right now

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Rise of the Runelords is an awesome AP, but it doesn't have any strategic layer like Kingmaker and Wrath do. That's obviously not mandatory for an RPG but Owlcat definitely seems to prefer having it. No strategic layer + no mythic levels will definitely be seen as mechanical regression, even though I'd love a RotR game.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Rise of the Runelords is an awesome AP, but it doesn't have any strategic layer like Kingmaker and Wrath do. That's obviously not mandatory for an RPG but Owlcat definitely seems to prefer having it. No strategic layer + no mythic levels will definitely be seen as mechanical regression, even though I'd love a RotR game.

You can ham it in I think. While it doesn't have strategic layer, in the 2nd book of the AP you did save a fortress of Ranger or something. Can easily spin it in to include strategic layer there, controlling the Ranger vs the giants army.

Honestly I'd prefer they combine Raise and Return of the Runelords somehow into 1 epic game if they are going to do RUnelords at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom