Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat's next Pathfinder RPG - alpha in April

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by purpleblob, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    For you, I will play the DLC dungeon on Turn Based, and post screenshots. You've been the best supporter in the monk campaign, you deserve that much.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    I have a bad feels for this game. Too much stretch goals and pointless additions. Adding a TB systems seems like a retarded idea to me,the first game sold well because it was a good RTwP. This seems like a trying to cater an audience that didn't had interest in the game. To me it seems like a huge waste of resources on to a redundant system that will only unnecessary complicate the developed system. We will be in for a ride on to release,

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • retadred retadred x 4
    • Deus Vult Deus Vult x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lawntoilet Learned

Lawntoilet
    The mod was like 95% of what they need for TB, I doubt it'll take many resources. Don't be a drama queen my friend

• Agree Agree x 7
    • not sure if serious not sure if serious x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. frajaq Arbiter

frajaq
    I imagine we'll have significantly less problems with bugs at launch since the game is on the same engine and they can piggyback on a lot of things they already worked before

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Sharpedge Learned

Sharpedge
    At this rate the 3rd world war will be started on the codex over RTwP vs TB.

• Deus Vult x 2
    • Excited! x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. The Wall Erudite

The Wall
    Waste of what exactly resources, turn-based game mod(e) is basically done! :D Just needs better packaging (read:UI). If they further improve it - great! If they copy it as it is - merely good. Just as good as in Kingmaker

Source of most worries is butthurt, and that's source as credible as CNN. Owlcatz were very clear about RTwP remaining as focus, itz just that most people don't read past headline

• Agree x 8
    • Brofist x 4
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Yes,but adding a TB is going to mess shit up,it is a new different system for which the game was not build,it will also need its own balance and shit. In deadfire the TB system totally broke the fucking balance of the game.

• Brofist x 2
    • not sure if serious x 2
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • No x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. sorinmask Just like Yves, I chase tales. Patron

sorinmask
    Wait... how do you play D&D again?

• Funny x 6
    • it is a mystery x 3
    • rolleyes x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • When words are not enough x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Lawntoilet Learned

Lawntoilet
    In Deadfire the game wasn't based on a TB system like Pathfinder was, didn't have a proven (good) TB mode like the Kingmaker mod, and it's not going to affect the RTWP mode.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. frajaq Arbiter

frajaq
    key difference here is that you were locked-in the choice in Deadfire (for some god-forsaken reason), so you had to endure it for trash/less interesting encounters. Here it's another gameplay choice available to the player on the fly

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    I know people like you. They always eat spoiled eggs to be sure they're spoiled. Fortunately, some cases of food poisoning are lethal.

• Funny x 5
    • retadred x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. mediocrepoet Arcane Patron

mediocrepoet
    Codex 2012 MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Man, your username is perfect.

• Agree x 10
    • Brofist x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • nice x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The Arcanum comparison is dumb, Arcanum's combat is a completely original system with imbalances built in. It's a house built out of trash. Troika's publisher forced them to add the real time or turn-based (I can't remember which it was originally) system at the last minute too. Troika was a new studio working on a new engine subject to the whims of a publisher in an era where cRPGs were dying. Here the combat system is mature (3.pf has been around for more than a decade), the engine is mature, and Owlcat already has experience from Kingmaker to pull from. I don't expect the TB thing to have a huge impact as long as they don't try to design around it, and they said they weren't going to in the update. It should be fine to just have as a feature for people who want to play that way, aside from all the retards bitching for the sake of bitching.

• Brofist x 7
    • Agree x 2
    • Yes x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. frajaq Arbiter

frajaq
    have to admit I didnt expect so much anger and resentment between the two nations of TB and RTwP that could rise up after a simple optional gameplay mode that can be toggled at will

• Agree x 9
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • sheeple x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. The Wall Erudite

The Wall
    I hate to make these normie tier metaphors but here we gooo: Wrath will be like a car that goes both on oil AND gas. It can switch between these two at whim. When you want deep tacticool experience you use turn-based, when you want to rush through trash fights you add gas! and turn:ON the RTwP mode. That's how I'll play it, you can of course play it purely in TB or RTwP, forgetting the other mode even exists, except at Codex in turf fights for one system's superiority over the other. That's really all, stop acting like optional game mode is akin to mandatory shot of corona virus, jeesh

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • When words are not enough When words are not enough x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    I wonder if anyone on Codex mentioned today that Owlcat social goals reached the level where official mod support will be added. Probably someone did...

• Yes Yes x 2
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    Pathfinder is usually played on TB, they are already copy pasting Pathfinder rules, there is already a mod for this made by a single guy that works well, why are you guise acting as if this required some miraculous level of engineering to be made?

• Agree x 10
    • it is a mystery x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    I don't,now fuck off old man,we are talking about computer games here. Go play with your cardboard castle or something.

How come Kingmaker was made for TB system? From what i know it was made from another d&d like game. Which are not TB games because they are not computer games lol.

And why it should be different here? It is not like the game is out and we know how it is implemented.

The fuck are you talking about?! We are having a civilized discussion and you try to play the victim here!

• retadred retadred x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Old Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    This argument quite succinctly summarizes what I think about tabletoppers and their opinion about any CRPG.

• retadred retadred x 5
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 3
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. moraes Arcane Patron

moraes
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    I hope they design around TB with superior tactical combat encounters where you have to drink two mugs of coffee between turns to decide a crucial action while RTwP gets relegated to Select all - > Left-click to attack trash combat and thousands of spell particles flying at the same time and AOOs coming out the wazoo because pathfinding got lost somewhere.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • incline incline x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    We need Pathfinder: Long Wrath of the Righteous.

^ Top  
  22. Lawntoilet Learned

Lawntoilet
    Of course the Pathfinder rule set is for a turn-based game, how do you think D&D gameplay works, just a bunch of fucking idiots shouting over each other like Jerry Springer or something? No they take turns obviously so that's how the game's designed.

Because they said in the update that you can switch between TB and RTWP on the fly, same as in the Kingmaker mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. The Wall Erudite

The Wall
    Dramafinder: Wrath of Real-Time Posers
    :x:troll:

Tomorrow on Dramafinder: New stretch goal reveiled: +1 archetype per class. Someone from Somewhere: Tyranny of choices increases! Alexander Mishulin shaves left side of his mustaches for first million $! And MOAAAR! So, stay tuned!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  24. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Tabletop is not a computer game, so there is neither turn-base not real time with pause combat modes. There is no combat mode at all. The only computer game that remotely reminds tabletop games is Tabletop Simulator. That's how Pathfinder should have been implemented for tabletop players.

• retadred x 5
    • hopw roewur ne x 2
    • No x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Lawntoilet Learned

Lawntoilet
    There absolutely is "combat mode." Combat has a distinct set of rules.
    It is based around turns so it is turn based.
    The rule set of Pathfinder is based around turns so it is turn based.
    Like I'm not trying to say Owlcat has to make their games 1-to-1 tabletop translations but they are adapting a turn-based ruleset. They're free to do so by making it RTWP and also to add a TB mode.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)