Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Upgrade your tier: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3010676

MOAR BETA

Hello, Pathfinders.

For some time now we’ve been getting multiple requests to allow you to upgrade your tier to include Beta Early Access, and today we have good news for you!

We’ve added new functionality to our pre-order portal (https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder) which allows you to upgrade your tier to include the beta. Those who pre-ordered a Boxed Edition will also be able to upgrade to Collector’s Edition and Premium Collector’s Edition.

In addition to that, we’ve added the Beta Early Access to every Kickstarter tier higher than Early Access. This means that everyone who backed on Kickstarter or pre-ordered Wrath of the Righteous at a tier equal or higher than Early Access, will get the Beta Early Access automatically when the beta stage begins, you won’t need to take any additional actions to get your beta code.

And here is a short note on how to upgrade your tier:

1. Go to your personal account at https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder

3d4a5e7f08e62540c902efa18cae2f9c_original.jpg

2. Open the Purchased Items tab https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder/profile/products (it will open first by default)

6aa6c29bfb3052f05af2337c05ec300d_original.png

3. You'll see the Upgrade button next to the tier available for upgrade:

e76c30a9d1787ae82008649c655a448d_original.jpg

4. If you press the button, a pop-up will appear, you'll see the tier's cost and the amount of money you need to add to upgrade. Just press the green button.

88a72a0095b17ed6e7eaaf518f89d38f_original.jpg

5. Then you will get to the order page, you will be able to pay right away, pay later, or cancel the upgrade.

3901763e754a28727dba78a845e1ac17_original.png

That's it!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A hundred bucks to beta test a game? Seriously?

another note is that the intial beta access tier is 100 buck one (I think it is 95 on KS, everything is a bit more expensive for the late backer who back from the portal)

if they make a separate Beta access key that is cheaper in total from that it will be a slap for people who are backing the initial Beta tier because they can very well just back the lowest tier and buy the Beta key instead

Percy

Cipher
Greybore is too shit to spend that money on.
He better have a good quest later on.
Like fuck off you retard, you made us ambush a dragon with no buffs.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

This battle, ironically, is one of the few time combat feels really rewarding in the whole Alpha on Core. Would be better if the area is not that small I guess, but this is one of the few times in whole KM and WoR Alpha where the action economy really matters for the player.

Percy

Cipher

This battle, ironically, is one of the few time combat feels really rewarding in the whole Alpha on Core. Would be better if the area is not that small I guess, but this is one of the few times in whole KM and WoR Alpha where the action economy really matters for the player.

I just think it's funny to fight a red dragon on your terms without being able to use magic to protect against fire.

I do like the quest though.

I wasn't able to kill the dragon the second time around after failing the skill checks at any stage, but this was during my first play through.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

I just think it's funny to fight a red dragon on your terms without being able to use magic to protect against fire.

I wasn't able to kill the dragon the second time around after failing the skill checks at any stage, but this was during my first play through.

The 2nd Dragon FIght is also fun. Succeeding the SKill Checks and not have different starts and advantage (or disadvantage) and iff you fail all of them you also start with your pants down, 0 buffs, and lot of debuffs. One of the few instance as well where non-combat skill checks directly affect the combat encounter that follows. Not much instance of that for the rest of the game. Heck there is not much of that even when you include KM.

The Greybor Dragon hunting quest is one of the more entertaining quests overall, tbh.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

The 2nd Dragon FIght is also fun. Succeeding the SKill Checks and not have different starts and advantage (or disadvantage) and iff you fail all of them you also start with your pants down, 0 buffs, and lot of debuffs. One of the few instance as well where non-combat skill checks directly affect the combat encounter that follows. Not much instance of that for the rest of the game. Heck there is not much of that even when you include KM.

The Greybor Dragon hunting quest is one of the more entertaining quests overall, tbh.

No, there's a good bit of that in fact. I mean you need the Knowledge and Lore to know what weaknesses to target. Playing Trickster takes it to the extreme.

Desiderius

Patron

The action economy always matters for the player. That's how they get away with all those ridonkulous abilities and gear - in most cases you can only use one at a time so the challenge is what to use when. If you fight the (quasi-)optional stuff on level it's plenty challenging.

Desiderius

Patron
Laughs in greater enduring spells

Dragon lit me up for 110 so I guess if you've got Resist and Protection but why would you take Greater Enduring over Abundant just for this one fight?

Too much theorycrafting going on. As usual. The Fear is what got me more than the Fire. Paid the price for going Bard on Seelah over Pal.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Dragon lit me up for 110 so I guess if you've got Resist and Protection but why would you take Greater Enduring over Abundant just for this one fight?

Too much theorycrafting going on. As usual. The Fear is what got me more than the Fire. Paid the price for going Bard on Seelah over Pal.
Who said taking it over Abundant? You're at least mythic level 3 for that fight, your spellcasters can have both. I didn't know anything about this fight and had them both already because Greater Enduring is great for divine casters since they have so many good minute/level buffs.

And yeah, I had Seelah as a Paladin so it was easy to make everyone immune to fear. But even if you don't have that, Greater Enduring at least lets you have Remove Fear on.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Who said taking it over Abundant? You're at least mythic level 3 for that fight, your spellcasters can have both. I didn't know anything about this fight and had them both already because Greater Enduring is great for divine casters since they have so many good minute/level buffs.

And yeah, I had Seelah as a Paladin so it was easy to make everyone immune to fear. But even if you don't have that, Greater Enduring at least lets you have Remove Fear on.

Not unless you burn both your Mythic Feat and Improved Abundant all for just that one fight. Endurings are a trap because they never work on rnd/lvl and you don’t need them on anything else by the time they’re available outside of narrow corner cases like that fight.

Enduring sets you up to get owned by Dispels.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I’m not sure you’ve got the time to throw up Greater Fear Aura either, but at least you’d have a chance of Seelah tanking until everyone else gets buffed.

BTW, Spit Venom does work.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
No, there's a good bit of that in fact. I mean you need the Knowledge and Lore to know what weaknesses to target. Playing Trickster takes it to the extreme.

I mean that sentence in "these non-combat scripted events are affecting the next combat encounter quite significantly", not in "use Lore skills to get enemy weaknesses when you inspect them" sense. A good parallel would be: finding and poisoning Srag Lord's wine, passing Lore checks in Outpost to set up the tar and traps vs the Bandit. In a lot of other cases passing non-combat skill checks before encouter usually means skipping it all-together or reducing enemy number (e.g. passing a lot of Diplomacy checks in both games).

The action economy always matters for the player. That's how they get away with all those ridonkulous abilities and gear - in most cases you can only use one at a time so the challenge is what to use when. If you fight the (quasi-)optional stuff on level it's plenty challenging.

yeah, but I mean this one in the sense that due to the fact that the Dragon has terrifying presence + will start with unleashing breath weapon on your arse, that battle was few if not only one where the first few turns are critical on the player part to manage movement and use abilities as neccesary. If you bring Daeran this is one of the few scenarios where his Oracle weaknes is "this is annoying but we can work with this" to "oh shit Daeran is staggered in the first round" (the other usually involves Gargoyle or something spawned on your backline at start of battle).

In most other encounters you will nearly always start pre-buffed so its just a matter of being efficient, doing so is not critical to actually win/surviving the encounter. I do agree that lot of the optional fights have action economy matter even with pre-buff tho. The one I remember the most is the big Demon thing in basement/old section of Arelu labs.

razvedchiki

Erudite

so until chapter 3 you already can fight 2 dragons! those are full dragons not edgy linnorms right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom