Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
why do I have to browse 4chan for the info, instead of the local apha testers conveniently showcasing all of the cool things with pictures and what else in this very thread?
My thinking would be that local alpha testers actually respect the developers and their preference not to spread the information about the visuals of the game in the alpha stage. Whereas 4chan does not - and should not - respect anyone, and Owlcat Games in particular.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
what level max does alpha allow?
I maxed out at 14 normal + X Mythic.

My thinking would be that local alpha testers actually respect the developers and their preference not to spread the information about the visuals of the game in the alpha stage. Whereas 4chan does not - and should not - respect anyone, and Owlcat Games in particular.
I've posted a couple things from my playthrough here but only after 4chan already leaked them, and otherwise have grabbed shit from 4chan and posted here to make it easier for codexers to find, but basically this.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Elaborate pls
I think the only reason to fulfill any obligation is punishment. How would Owlcat Games punish those who leak the game footage and publish some hours of gameplay on several sites, including torrents?
I don't agree but it doesn't matter, as I have no obligation to post any info on Codex (or provide a torrent) either.
I just told people with questions to check 4chan, until one guy who seemed interested in the game in this thread said "I'm not gonna go to 4chan to find info" so I chose to share some of that info since I was in a position to answer their questions.

Sjukob

Arcane
Ok. It's just that I wouldn't care about game discussion after the release, unless it's a guide I'm looking for, user-made content related talk or well-written review that I can read for entertainment. I mean, why would I talk about the game when I can play it instead? Besides, I don't really seek dialogue with most of the people on this forum. So, from my perspective it's better that you spill your guts now. I don't care about getting spoiled. No matter how much material people leak, they will never showcase the build up to the important events, the atmosphere, the small details etc. You won't get to actually "feel" the game unless you play it yourself. And even if somebody uploads word by word in-game texts or hours long gameplay videos I'm too lazy to read/watch it all, and by the release date I will forget like half or more of what I saw anyway.

Here are some Azata passives. By the way, is Azata female only or not?
1606441919694.png

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

There is no gender locked mythic.

And those feats.... I was thinking of playing Bard as Azata but based on those feats seems like Magus/Skald/shapeshift-Druid would be a good fit.

Sjukob

Arcane
No, why would you think that?
I know nothing about Pathfinder universe. I glimpsed through some material on the internet and it gave me an impression that the main shtick of Azata was goody-two-shoes monster girl.

And those feats.... I was thinking of playing Bard as Azata but based on those feats seems like Magus/Skald/shapeshift-Druid would be a good fit.
Arcane trickster.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
No, why would you think that?
I know nothing about Pathfinder universe. I glimpsed through some material on the internet and it gave me an impression that the main shtick of Azata was goody-two-shoes monster girl.
Their shtick is happy-go-lucky Chaotic Goody-two-shoes. They are not exclusively girls, though I think they're the outsiders with the most kinds of girls, monster or otherwise.

Arcane trickster.
Zippy Magic and especially Favorable Magic will be useful to any kind of controller Wizard, not just blasters.

Trashos

Arcane
Imho, the Codex should always back hardcore RPG developers. If not the Codex, who is going to do that? This is one of the missions of the Codex, afaic. This is my opinion for the Underrail and the AoD developers, and this is my opinion for Owlcat as well.
(backing does not mean that we have to agree with everything they do, but we either actively try to help or we stay out of it and do not try to hurt them)

If/once they sell out, the story changes. Until then...

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Even if it was due to the Codex Kickstarter fundraiser, I was really impressed by Owlcat's thanks to the Codex on Kingmaker's startup. It takes a lot of balls to associate yourself with a forum where everyone's signatures state that "All niggers must hang."

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Ok. It's just that I wouldn't care about game discussion after the release, unless it's a guide I'm looking for, user-made content related talk or well-written review that I can read for entertainment. I mean, why would I talk about the game when I can play it instead? Besides, I don't really seek dialogue with most of the people on this forum. So, from my perspective it's better that you spill your guts now. I don't care about getting spoiled. No matter how much material people leak, they will never showcase the build up to the important events, the atmosphere, the small details etc. You won't get to actually "feel" the game unless you play it yourself. And even if somebody uploads word by word in-game texts or hours long gameplay videos I'm too lazy to read/watch it all, and by the release date I will forget like half or more of what I saw anyway.

1606441919694.png

Good lord, Favorable Magic sounds like the most broken shit ever. Are all the Mythic paths this bonkers?

cruelio

Savant
Besides, I don't really seek dialogue with most of the people on this forum

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom