Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ChildInTime

Learned
So far I'm rather disappointed by the Azata Path in terms of story development. Outside of Aivu he is, by all means, just a less effective and fun Trickster Path. No flavour to himself. Mechanics are fine, though.

On the other hand, the Swarm Path seems more and more like straight-up fetish fuel for gore and vore "fans". All his datamined dialogue boils down to kill/eat/taunt, and then kill or eat.
Have you been to Alushinyrra? Azata gets great development there.

I've just finished listening through the OST... why the fuck does GALFREY has the best theme?

By the way, here's the OST.

https://mega.nz/folder/01VkHTjL#Qxszgj1wXldXhEHHGEWnJA/folder/FwcyWLJS
Mythic Gain is incredibly badass. I really like they chose this epic high level adventure and not some normal module. We aint got enough of the epic shit in RPGs lately.

Shadenuat

Arcane
If you're merging spellbooks I guess you can eventually get to CL 25, which is enough to get round/level spells to 5 minutes with extend, so it's probably worth it then.
You'll just get more by that point from Abundant Spells and maybe Mythic Lengthen (although Owlcats need to allow still make spell 1 level higher; now you can't copy slots through Lengthen if you have mythic version anymore because it's always 0 cost, sometimes it's annoying), no reason to tax yourself with that feat imo.

I still take it on clerics because I'm lazy and only want to cast archon's aura (and some other stuff) once.
Klereks want Abundant more than anyone for their /round buffs. And to have enough slots to cover party in important protections.
Idk maybe Chapter 4+ you can take it, but imagine what you can do even with 2 regular feats (more initiative, more saves, etc.)

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
Abundant Spells is better than Enduring Spells due to the frequency the enemies actually dispel your buffs. Plus, the duration on most spells is high enough that you don't need them to last the whole day, unless we're talking about Round/Level spells, and even those last long enough at high levels + Extend Metamagic Rods.

Trust me, there's a LOT of stuff that dispels you. In general AI seems more responsive and smart, although sometimes it maniacally targets your backline even if all your dangerous guys are up at the front. EX: Minotaurs wanting to charge Ember all the time even though they are getting critted for hundreds by my Bloodrager. Then they eat an AoO and die.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Durance and Grieving Mother excepted.
Based.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...uz/how_is_wrath_of_the_righteous_compared_to/
They actually said that they were still working on the difficulties and that the Hard Mode difficulty was currently "broken". They know the key areas they still have to fix which is why they wanted this beta, because it showed them what to really focus on till they do a more inclusive open beta. I watched Cohh play through it and he was a huge backer of the game and even has a character in the game and the Devs were telling him all the things to avoid doing in thr beta because they were broken or whatnot. Owlcat was very open about what was broken/bugged and what they were still fo using a lot of time on. I think the balancing issues will get sorted out because they talked about the feedback from balance in kingmaker and really want to make the difficulties balanced better. I'm hoping this means no more blanket +20 ac and crazy inflated stats of the hardest difficulty. They need to find a better way to make the difficulty harder without making everything nearly impossible to hit or be bullet sponges.
Owlcat is going to make the game easy because a bunch of fucking retards are crying about difficulty... again.
WotR is decline confirmed.
:decline::decline::decline:
I fucking knew this would happen.

Salvo

Arcane
Based.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...uz/how_is_wrath_of_the_righteous_compared_to/
They actually said that they were still working on the difficulties and that the Hard Mode difficulty was currently "broken". They know the key areas they still have to fix which is why they wanted this beta, because it showed them what to really focus on till they do a more inclusive open beta. I watched Cohh play through it and he was a huge backer of the game and even has a character in the game and the Devs were telling him all the things to avoid doing in thr beta because they were broken or whatnot. Owlcat was very open about what was broken/bugged and what they were still fo using a lot of time on. I think the balancing issues will get sorted out because they talked about the feedback from balance in kingmaker and really want to make the difficulties balanced better. I'm hoping this means no more blanket +20 ac and crazy inflated stats of the hardest difficulty. They need to find a better way to make the difficulty harder without making everything nearly impossible to hit or be bullet sponges.
Owlcat is going to make the game easy because a bunch of fucking retards are crying about difficulty... again.

I wouldn't doomsay too much, they probably mean they'll fix the overtuned encounters while leaving the overall difficulty the same. Then again, I might be mistaken and they'll drive the curve off a cliff, but I've faith in Owlcat to deliver.
Plus, didn't they say they lurk on this thread?

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I wouldn't doomsay too much, they probably mean they'll fix the overtuned encounters while leaving the overall difficulty the same. Then again, I might be mistaken and they'll drive the curve off a cliff, but I've faith in Owlcat to deliver.
I've been fucked so many times because I had high hopes for sequels only to find an inferior and simplified game compared to the original. Now I just assume the worst until I'm proven wrong.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Fixing (sic) the overtuned (sic) encounters is the problem. It’s called Hard. Nothing to fix.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Based.

Fixing (sic) the overtuned (sic) encounters is the problem. It’s called Hard. Nothing to fix.
Plenty left to fix, in the same way you fix a dog.
Rather disappointed in the direction WotR is taking because I enjoyed kangmaker.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
They don't need to "balance WotR better". They need to make it harder than Kingmaker. Less trash mobs, stricter timed quests, MORE stat bloat.
Gregz and Porky would be even more butthurt. Pure incline.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Pink Eye here s painting for u.

iepEfEe.jpg

OK.

dkZLidg.jpg

Here is my problem with the succubus,
it happens with no other character, whoever wrote her character seems to want you to have sex with her. Her descriptions, the options your character often has around her. I think this is merely a symptom, a microcosm of those who play the tabletop and who have romanced her on the adventure path, it seems geared towards that angle. Anyway, that's just my opinion. To me, it's weird to want to romance a succubus that's clearly struggling and attempting to recover from her past life of dark degeneracy, but again this is just my opinion.

:hmmm:

It is a fucking succubus....their whole existence is about getting to have sex with you. You can't be serious!

What's strange to me (and yes, I know it's according to Pathfinder canon, but still) is that you can even have sex with her. Seems to me like offering cocaine to an addict - something which you should avoid at all costs. What's worse is that the various conversations acknowledge that her being horny for you is tempting her back into her darker thoughts. So Owlcat is trying to get the best of both worlds - the living embodiment of the "Madonna Whore Complex" and a story about a creature trying to break away from its dark past. Those two don't mesh.

Don't know how it is written in the game,as i said i haven't played it. It makes sense to turn her toward the light with love winning over lust. Maybe it will be like ME2's jack,where you had to turn her down to get her romance. It could be an interesting take on the demon aspect.

On top of that it is a choice,it makes perfect sense in game where you could play evil lich and turn your companions in to undead,to be able to corrupt a former whore. The choice is not written for her,but for the player,it is your your answer not hers. It makes perfect sense to me in that aspect.

Salvo

Arcane

iepEfEe.jpg

OK.

dkZLidg.jpg

it happens with no other character, whoever wrote her character seems to want you to have sex with her. Her descriptions, the options your character often has around her. I think this is merely a symptom, a microcosm of those who play the tabletop and who have romanced her on the adventure path, it seems geared towards that angle. Anyway, that's just my opinion. To me, it's weird to want to romance a succubus that's clearly struggling and attempting to recover from her past life of dark degeneracy, but again this is just my opinion.

It is a fucking succubus....their whole existence is about getting to have sex with you. You can't be serious!

What's strange to me (and yes, I know it's according to Pathfinder canon, but still) is that you can even have sex with her. Seems to me like offering cocaine to an addict - something which you should avoid at all costs. What's worse is that the various conversations acknowledge that her being horny for you is tempting her back into her darker thoughts. So Owlcat is trying to get the best of both worlds - the living embodiment of the "Madonna Whore Complex" and a story about a creature trying to break away from its dark past. Those two don't mesh.

Don't know how it is written in the game,as i said i haven't played it. It makes sense to turn her toward the light with love winning over lust. Maybe it will be like ME2's jack,where you had to turn her down to get her romance. It could be an interesting take on the demon aspect.

On top of that it is a choice,it makes perfect sense in game where you could play evil lich and turn your companions in to undead,to be able to corrupt a former whore. The choice is not written for her,but for the player,it is your your answer not hers. It makes perfect sense to me in that aspect.

All demons will be cleansed in holy flames.

Testownia

iepEfEe.jpg

OK.

dkZLidg.jpg

I've played the beta version to some extent, and no, it's not written as you've suggested. Basically, since your first encounter, she has the hots for you, especially if you play as an Azata.

Dodo1610

Arcane
So how is this beta compared to BG3 beta?

BG3 has tons of unique dialogue for your race and class and god which even leads to unique ways to solve some quest
BG3 has a lot more skill checks which you can use to solve quests in multiple ways,
Also BG3 open world is inherently more fun to explore than PF closed off maps.
Actual interaction with the enviroment. From sitting on chairs to actual climbing.
All cutscenes can be skipped all NCPs are killable so strangly BG3 feels less scripted than WOTR despite the fact that everything is voiced and animated:lol:

WOTR has better combat and like 10 times as many classes as BG3
The mythic stuff is genuinly the most innovative idea that came from the KS CRPG
More companions and a bigger party

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
They need to invert the difficulty scale and call "Hard" "Easy" and "Unfair" - "Story". This way inept morons who want to brag will have their achievements, and those who want to learn the system will have the difficulty that forces to learn.

Parabalus

Arcane
They don't need to "balance WotR better". They need to make it harder than Kingmaker. Less trash mobs, stricter timed quests, MORE stat bloat.
Gregz and Porky would be even more butthurt. Pure incline.

Game is harder than KM (current patch) already.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom