Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Being crazy is fun. Being penniless and homeless is not.

Also, lots of Westerners are afraid of unemployment due to the pandemic, so it's even better.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Being crazy is fun. Being penniless and homeless is not.
But if you're crazy, being penniless and homeless can be fun too.
hppj7k6uofy01.png
Game is harder than KM (current patch) already.
Good. Now they just need to keep it as is until release.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Rather disappointed in the direction WotR is taking because I enjoyed kangmaker.

Making the same mistakes the West made a generation later with twice the cringe. Russia = Illinois. Who knew?

:updatedmytxt:

Tbf the West itself is now going for three times, but that's no excuse.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They don't need to "balance WotR better". They need to make it harder than Kingmaker. Less trash mobs, stricter timed quests, MORE stat bloat.
Gregz and Porky would be even more butthurt. Pure incline.

:hmmm:

Talking how hard a game is,when the said game have like 30 difficulty options to fiddle with it s beyond retarded. You just have to fiddle with the options and find a difficulty that you enjoy. Playing on a premade difficulty when you have such freedom....it is just sad.

Also people that whine about muh trash mobs are trash themself. The whole genre is centred around fucking "trashmobs",you kill shit to level up be able to kill more shit. There is not a single rpg that doesn't have "trashmobs".

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent

Talking how hard a game is,when the said game have like 30 difficulty options to fiddle with it s beyond retarded. You just have to fiddle with the options and find a difficulty that you enjoy. Playing on a premade difficulty when you have such freedom....it is just sad.

Also people that whine about muh trash mobs are trash themself. The whole genre is centred around fucking "trashmobs",you kill shit to level up be able to kill more shit. There is not a single rpg that doesn't have "trashmobs".
Well yeah, unless Owlcat intentionally tones down all the difficulty options and/or general balance because of reddit crybabies. There are plenty of design decisions that can't be waved away with "ah bro you've got difficulty sliders, fix it yourself".
I'm not arguing against trashmobs, every CRPG should have them, it's just a question of ratio.

Parabalus

Arcane
They don't need to "balance WotR better". They need to make it harder than Kingmaker. Less trash mobs, stricter timed quests, MORE stat bloat.
Gregz and Porky would be even more butthurt. Pure incline.

AoD doesn't really have trash mobs.

The above is just misplaced, because of the breadth of options it doesn't make sense to compare anything but the standard difficulties.

Desiderius

Patron
Wrath doesn’t have trash mobs anything like an MMO or whatever. Which specific fight are you talking about aside from the prologue? There’s a strategic element to each fight.

Salvo

Arcane
Wrath doesn’t have trash mobs anything like an MMO or whatever. Which specific fight are you talking about aside from the prologue? There’s a strategic element to each fight.
Agreed. Even in the Siege of Drezen, which is the most enemy dense (so far) moment in the game, there's not a single fight that seems placed there for the sake of it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Well yeah, unless Owlcat intentionally tones down all the difficulty options and/or general balance because of reddit crybabies. There are plenty of design decisions that can't be waved away with "ah bro you've got difficulty sliders, fix it yourself".
I'm not arguing against trashmobs, every CRPG should have them, it's just a question of ratio.
I agree,tho i don't know what they have fucked up in the design decisions. I enjoyed the combat in kingmaker,tho the spider swarm was retarded lol. The best thing they could do is to clear up the visual readability of the combat,some times it could be too flashy. Maybe an options for the spell effects. Kingmaker doesn't have a problem with treashmobs....ahh maybe at the ending part,in the mansion. The biggest problem was that it was too slow,if you use speedhack the game runs at perfect pace.

difficulty options are agents of decline
20 years without a good rpg......just saying :smug:

market square was just one boring slog of boring monsters everywhere with near zero encounter design
whole 20 years....:smug:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
AoD doesn't really have trash mobs.
And it wasn't a better game for it. I mean I didn't mind it, but there's only one kind of diversity I support. CRPG enemy diversity.
Yeah AoD is very linear game,it is one time experience and then move on. Recently i did a replay and it ended up pretty much the same even if i went for a very different character build. It is autistic simulator.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Yeah AoD is very linear game,it is one time experience and then move on. Recently i did a replay and it ended up pretty much the same even if i went for a very different character build. It is autistic simulator.
I just played through all the possible paths for achievements long after the game stopped being enjoyable, never went back.
My autism, it's big.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just played through all the possible paths for achievements long after the game stopped being enjoyable, never went back.
My autism, it's big.
I had done 2-4 paths and they all felt the same.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3111925

The last chance to pre-order physical items

Crusaders!

As we’ve mentioned in one of our previous updates, pre-orders on physical tiers and add-ons will close on the 28th of February, and we would like to remind you there’s only 4 days left if you still want to add a physical reward to your order. We’ve prepared the answers to some questions you may have regarding that.

Q: I backed at a physical level on Kickstarter, but I haven’t confirmed my pledge on https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/. Will I lose my pledge?

A: No, even if you confirm your pledge after the 28th of February, you will still be able to get your physical edition. You only won’t be able to add physical add-ons to your order. But right now you still have time to email team@owlcatgames.com and ask for help with confirmation of your pledge.

Q: I backed at a physical level on Kickstarter and paid some extra for a physical add-on, but haven’t confirmed my pledge yet. Will I lose that extra money?

A: No, you still have time to email team@owlcatgames.com and ask for help with confirmation of your pledge. But even if you contact us after the 28th of February, you will still be able to purchase digital add-ons with that extra money you paid on Kickstarter.

Q: I backed at a physical level on Kickstarter, but when I log into my account on https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/, it doesn’t show my order. What should I do?

A: Please make sure you are logging in using the same email you were using on Kickstarter when you backed our game. If you are using the same email, but still don’t see your pledge after you log in and click on your email in the upper right corner of the screen, please send an email to team@owlcatgames.com and ask for help with confirmation of your pledge.

Q: My physical pre-order seems to be correct, but I can’t find my shipping address to check it or change it. How do I do that?

A: Closer to the release we will create a form to confirm or change the shipping information of our backers and how you want to be credited in the end-game titles. You just need to wait for an update about it.

Q: I have a digital tier, and all the physical add-ons are grayed out, and I can’t purchase them.

A: We’re sorry, but it’s only possible to add a physical add-on to a physical order. For digital orders you can only purchase digital add-ons.

Q: I completely missed this Kickstarter. Is it too late to support the game’s development now?

A: No, you can still pre-order our game at https://wrath.owlcatgames.com/preorder/en, however physical tiers will become unavailable after the 28th of February.

Additionally we would like to inform you that the next stage of our Community Quest was moved to twitch instead of twitter, and will take place in a form of a role-play stream where you will help us decide the fate of the Hero’s party. Please join us on our twitch or YouTube channel on the 2nd of March at 7 am PST / 10 am EST / 4 pm CET / 18:00 MSK.

To Arms!

Owlcats.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Why are you shilling preorder items Infinitron?
:keepmyjewgold:
Note to self: If you ever become a dev, pay Infinitron to shill your shitty game.

Delterius

Arcane
From what I know of this game's community Righteous themed Bad Dragon dildos would sell.
You missed the thread, this ain't BG3.
You dare speak to me, neonate? You know nothing. I have seen horrors ranging from wannabe liches who cannot stop being coomers, cuckoldry obsessed succubus lovers and the well organized pedo scaly lobby. You are a fool. You are less than a fool. Return to the lands of naivety while you still can.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
You dare speak with me, neonate? You know nothing. I have seen horrors ranging from wannabe liches who cannot stop being coomers, cuckoldry obsessed succubus lovers and the well organized pedo scaly lobby. You are a fool. You are less than a fool. Return to the lands of naivety while you still can.
No mention of the furry menace? They're the real problem. I'm kind of ashamed that I'm as interested in a game that caters to furries.
We could have had based ratfolk... Oh God it still hurts.
:negative:

Desiderius

Patron
market square was just one boring slog of boring monsters everywhere with near zero encounter design

lol. Market Square is almost as content dense as old sycamore. You’re introduced to the first new demon types like the dickheads that cast inflict wounds, mass and the hunchbacks that sunder armor. Undead from the graveyard with ghouls (stun immune), and shadows (early ghost) and necromancer boss guarded by cultists (human clerics that teach noobs about divine favor buff, with other cultists that teach negative channeling) and zombs (countersummons to gum up pathing). You’ve got three different houses with unique setups/miniboss/goodloot with each. Main area quest with big EXP chunk and C&C. Enemy adventure parties with casters who fire off different spells (got hit by Ray of Sickening last time through). Neophyte party of noobs easy. Marauder party can beat face. High skill check to recruit allies for Chapter ending dungeon.

Preconceptions r a helluva drug. Just say no Rus.

Delterius

Arcane
You dare speak with me, neonate? You know nothing. I have seen horrors ranging from wannabe liches who cannot stop being coomers, cuckoldry obsessed succubus lovers and the well organized pedo scaly lobby. You are a fool. You are less than a fool. Return to the lands of naivety while you still can.
No mention of the furry menace? They're the real problem. I'm kind of ashamed that I'm as interested in a game that caters to furries.
We could have had based ratfolk... Oh God it still hurts.
:negative:
based ratfolk

'hello fellow normals, i hate furries too and man we could have had based ratfolk'

you cannot fool me

:timetoburn:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom