Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So apparently if you're a crossblooded sorcerer, you can take bloodline ascendance twice, and get, for example, immunity to fire, cold, sneak attacks, critical hits, paralysis, sleep and DR 5/- in exchange for two Mythic Abilities/Feats (from Undead and Elemental Bloodlines). Add in Archmage Armor in the second half of the game once your Mythic Rank is high and you'll have a very durable tank. IMO, that's probably worth a 1 sorcerer level dip for most melee builds. I kind of hope Owlcats fix it, otherwise it's pretty broken.

Only for soloing. You’re blowing all your offensive abilities to do all this. There are spells and regular abilities to get all that stuff if you want to play MMO-style. I was excited about Bloodline Ascendence then actually read through the abilities. Pretty underwhelming.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
The management aspect seems much more brutal than in KM, with more stuff to do and less time. In the battles you can lose like 10k gold worth of units from a single enemy attack.

There’s no time limit, but if you deploy your forces intelligently there’s no reason for this to happen in the first place. Don’t fight high strength armies with low.

Use Hold to make enemy come to you. The Cleric Units have once per battle heal to keep your stacks topped up. Use Shift to make two stacks of Clerics.

Parabalus

Arcane
The management aspect seems much more brutal than in KM, with more stuff to do and less time. In the battles you can lose like 10k gold worth of units from a single enemy attack.

There’s no time limit, but if you deploy your forces intelligently there’s no reason for this to happen in the first place. Don’t fight high strength armies with low.

Use Hold to make enemy come to you. The Cleric Units have once per battle heal to keep your stacks topped up. Use Shift to make two stacks of Clerics.

You forgot to mention to make 1-entity stacks to block enemies. What you describe is just the basics though, but if you ever make a mistake you lose a lot of gold.

There is no time limit in the beta coz everything is broken, I don't doubt that the real game will have them.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Stacks of one is cheese. Two battalions of each type is just good tactics. Why are you attacking things that can destroy you in one attack?

After Swarms go north for a nice finance boost, in both cash and income.

Games should not stop players from sucking. If you don’t suck in the first place you can’t then suck less which is the fun.

Parabalus

Arcane
Where's Hilor in Drezen? For Aru's quest, the dreams.

Stacks of one is cheese. Two battalions of each type is just good tactics. Why are you attacking things that can destroy you in one attack?

Because you have no idea of knowing what could destroy a lot of cash before you actually attack it?
E.g. the altar retrievers will kill 20 Hellknights before you can act, you have no idea of knowing wtf they do until you fight.

What proof do you have that time will be as irrelevant in the release version?

Last edited:

Percy

Cipher
The mythic polymorph feat gives kitsune human form +4 for all physical attributes, works on Nenio and stacks with belts etc.
Does not stack with mutagen (you can not use mutagen when polymorphed)
Could be interesting consideration for main character kitsune, possibly an archer? Kitsune already +2 Dex.

Also who plays video games sober?

Percy

Cipher
20210226021623-1.jpg

Atta boy Regil

Desiderius

Patron

Because you have no idea of knowing what could destroy a lot of cash before you actually attack it?
E.g. the altar retrievers will kill 20 Hellknights before you can act, you have no idea of knowing wtf they do until you fight.

Army strength is on mouse over. Why are you attacking that stack in the first place. Eventually you’ll own it too (can’t remember if got initiative or higher saves or just healed through it) but attacking powerful things with less powerful things is generally a bad idea that will set you back and should.

Desiderius

Patron
The mythic polymorph feat gives kitsune human form +4 for all physical attributes, works on Nenio and stacks with belts etc.
Does not stack with mutagen (you can not use mutagen when polymorphed)
Could be interesting consideration for main character kitsune, possibly an archer? Kitsune already +2 Dex.

Also who plays video games sober?

She belongs in melee. Good spot on the Mythic but that’s likely sadly underpowered compared to other abilities unless you want to go balls out making her a melee voltron, which probably isn’t the worst idea since racial Pounce.

Parabalus

Arcane

Army strength is on mouse over. Why are you attacking that stack in the first place. Eventually you’ll own it too (can’t remember if got initiative or higher saves or just healed through it) but attacking powerful things with less powerful things is generally a bad idea that will set you back and should.

Army strength is 9, mine is 11. Still unacceptable losses.

Ofc you'll own it later, especially if time isn't a factor, but that seems too good to be true.

Desiderius

Patron
Yes, players who expect mommy to protect them from mean monsters they have no business fighting are indeed a pain in the ass.

Very observant. Git gud.

EDIT: if you've got an 11 strength army why are you sweating 10k? Did burn my hand on this stove in Alpha. I'd rather focus on finding counters to that fight than nerfs. The Army Strength number is a general guide.

Point being mindless clearing (still) isn't a thing and that's good.

BTW Retrievers are Constructs, not Demons so that could be having some effect.

Last edited:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

I've noticed that some of the armies have deceptive army strength that doesn't match what was encountered previously. I assume Owlcat may adjust the numbers a touch going forward.

Desiderius

Patron
But there is a time factor, with the nobility requests. You can't just idle away the days building an invincible stack of doom (even though that's where you're generally going to end anyway) without going out at least once in a while and kicking ass in order to fulfill the requests.
She belongs in melee.
I'm really curious how would you go about this one.

Lol probably easiest way would be EK (to get to Pounce BAB), but you know how I feel about EK. SS to ten for Caster Level on Scrolls then EK from there doesn't lose a ton, but Blinding Ray is no save and needs Wiz levels and the Greater Invis is rnd/Wizlvl plus the two bonus Feats.

I'll just be giving her the Agile Fist Amulet for her Bite and a Mirror Image and letting her get some bites in when she isn't casting. Reduce Person is like a Monk Splash when you've got DEX to damage.

Hate to waste an Illusionist at range, and she doesn't have the ranged feats anyway. We'll see what weapons/natural attack options there are.

But there is a time factor, with the nobility requests. You can't just idle away the days building an invincible stack of doom (even though that's where you're generally going to end anyway) without going out at least once in a while and kicking ass in order to fulfill the requests.

Are they back in now? They aren't in Ch2 where it would be a bigger issue. Is the Retriever at a bottleneck or something? I don't remember that. In general first time through you're either reloading some amount or you're gonna take some lumps that will make you think to get around.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
20210226021623-1.jpg

Atta boy Regil
The guy on the right is pretty chad! Sooo why are you such a prointellectual cuck,are you a liberal?

I'm with Nenio on this one. Maybe prointellectuals should stop castrating the Good so men aren't left to Evil for the only source of a little testosterone. Women are drawn to Evil for it's own sake.

Desiderius

Patron
Lol, pretty funny that the Law gets to Take Eleven instead of just Ten:

Perception.jpg

The house always gets its cut.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
if you've got an 11 strength army why are you sweating 10k? Did burn my hand on this stove in Alpha. I'd rather focus on finding counters to that fight than nerfs. The Army Strength number is a general guide.

Point being mindless clearing (still) isn't a thing and that's good.

Because there is like 500k of good loot to buy, every penny counts. And in this beta you don't even spend money on buildings because there really aren't any.

I've noticed that some of the armies have deceptive army strength that doesn't match what was encountered previously. I assume Owlcat may adjust the numbers a touch going forward.

Probably, but that still means you have a very optimal way of clearing encounters no-loss, since anything slightly above your strength can wreck your army.

This is easy now when time isn't a factor, but if it is it could be very hard.

Desiderius

Patron
You’re buying troops with money? What are you even doing? You should have Financial Income built up from the Crusades for that. No buildings? No wonder you can’t afford troops. Buildings are actually important in Wrath.

All my experience is from Alpha where the quest time limits started in Ch. 2 and there was no problem. There’s no reason to attack anything above your strength.

Parabalus

Arcane
You’re buying troops with money? What are you even doing? You should have Financial Income built up from the Crusades for that. No buildings? No wonder you can’t afford troops. Buildings are actually important in Wrath.

All my experience is from Alpha where the quest time limits started in Ch. 2 and there was no problem.

There are only barracks and archery ranges, so there is nothing to buy after that. Outposts cost >10k a pop.

You start with 1k/day income, that's barely the weekly spawn of hellknights. In Ch2 you start with even less income.

Desiderius

Patron
The little castles guarded by Demons are locations where you can build forts with Archery Ranges to recruit Ranged units (that you upgrade from archers), inns to generate Finances, etc...

Desiderius

Patron

All my experience is from Alpha where the quest time limits started in Ch. 2 and there was no problem.

There are only barracks and archery ranges, so there is nothing to buy after that. Outposts cost >10k a pop.

You start with 1k/day income, that's barely the weekly spawn of hellknights. In Ch2 you start with even less income.

Then don’t buy Hellknight lol. Have you cleared the whole ch. 2 map? There’s extra income there. You start with one outpost for free and the second one is cheap. There’s a quest to build two barracks and an ArcheryRange. Then go from there.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I’ll kill him in one or two rounds through that AC but he does have a couple glaring weaknesses that make that unnecessary.
I was honestly surprised to see "vulnerability" in combat log. Following game logic dragon should have been prebuffed with two protections from cold with double or triple level of your party making dispelling pointless etc.

Sloppy work from Owlcats here, ruining Desu-fun of just stacking attack bonuses.

Desiderius

Patron
Only Desu stack ALL the attack boni tho.

Been coming across a lot of bosses mysteriously lacking SR. Maybe Owlcat listen to the Shad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom