Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Probably old news... but...

Only played the beta a little and I can tell the new 360 camera is going to be a pain- Constantly having to pan around and getting confused on what and where I'm facing is going get old real quick. Not sure why this change was needed :(

Use the compass if you get disoriented - was added in Beta. 360 is pretty much required for things like Heart Attack and Drezen Siege where stuff is coming from all directions. Also helps a lot with positioning which could be clunky in P:K especially with Enlarged men.

I like it.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
This is a 100% serious question, but I don't want to be spoiled so I'm not reading the thread. Please tag me with any replies, thanks.

In Wrath of the Righteous, there won't any more...

...summer golems, will there?

:shudder:

Shadenuat

Arcane
360 is pretty much required for things like Heart Attack and Drezen Siege
Nope. It only makes them worse, especially Drezen, where camera just bugs out and often goes anywhere but your party.

And increased level of zoom out would be more than enough for this.

Also they for some reason replaced a few effects with a lot more obscuring and uglier ones, like entangle and vinetrap.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Man cat designers sometimes just confuse me. You give throwing axe boss immunity to level drain, but not some immunity to AOO when throwing axes.

Also I found diminutive swarms. Good thing I have muh obsidian flow and fireballz.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I tried actually exploring map in Chapter 3. I fought so many random encounters that leveled up. In the end they began to repeat themselves and I think I saw corpses of dead enemies slain in same encounter in new encounter. At some point I just tried to close eyes to not see my little horse slowly crawl through map anymore. it didnt help, as madness continued to surround me. like little tiny vivi dips clawing on my mind.
bodak house and attack on titan locations were alright. ingredient spots hidden at far edges of the map u can only find with your horse not.
half of my azata beauty sleep abilities are bugged and so is at least one companion quest. actually I kinda wonder if I can progress through the game.
give this game 2 more years it will be real good. :shitposting:

owlcatz hear meh. you have some bestest dungeons and basically BG2 Stronghold system but MEGA with c&c and shit. you have companions and all that. Sawyer ship game in Deadfire was 10 times less annoying than your combowombo of map travel armies and cards. people hated dis shit in PKM, and who didnt hate it would't want to see this again. limit that crap or cut it from the game before it's too late. I will give you a :shittydog: dogi
ur azata girl.
how do i romance Daeran??

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Got Cackle to matter for first time fighting SuperGhost, and Nenio used Scroll Savant powers to cast Remove Paralysis scroll to unlock Infinitron to beat Hard Nulkineth face with both Sword and Shield.

And yes the Chainmail of Comradery is adding +4 damage per swing when Outflanked.

So much -4 attacks mode of Evil Eye too thx Shad.

When game’s good it’s very good.

Desiderius

Patron
Burning Infinitron.jpg

Crsipy Crispy.jpg

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

Only played the beta a little and I can tell the new 360 camera is going to be a pain- Constantly having to pan around and getting confused on what and where I'm facing is going get old real quick. Not sure why this change was needed :(

It's used as a gameplay mechanic in Chapter 4, as you move the camera the terrain around you shifts.

It is very cool, but a bit buggy, and skippable by using DD. Def not worth the shitty camera during the rest of the game.

Pretty horrible since I can't recall ever thinking about the camera in KM, which is how it should be.

Alrik

Educated

Use the compass if you get disoriented - was added in Beta. 360 is pretty much required for things like Heart Attack and Drezen Siege where stuff is coming from all directions. Also helps a lot with positioning which could be clunky in P:K especially with Enlarged men.

I like it.
The compass is mirrored though (at least mine was), N/S is correct but E/W is inverted.

On balance I still prefer the 360 after going back to Kingmaker and getting infuriated with positioning issues, the "snap to" area is enormous and doesn't decrease when you zoom in. I've had several crucial turns where a character has been denied attacks because it was impossible to move the character into position while staying clear of the Grease/Web due to not being able to move to positions "blocked" by the "helpful" snap feature that cannot be disabled.

Dodo1610

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wrath of the Righteous now has a Nexus modding page with two mods
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderwrathoftherighteous

Worldcrawl - Core
A balance, replayability and roguelike-ish mod that aims to make the game replayable, challenging and fun from level 1 to 30.

Mythic Cheat Menu Lite
This mod adds simple menu commands to give levels and mythic ranks to characters.

Seems like the autists modders are already hard at work :incline:
Fuck,by the release date this game will be fully ready to get ravaged!

CaesarCzech

Scholar

Worldcrawl - Core
A balance, replayability and roguelike-ish mod that aims to make the game replayable, challenging and fun from level 1 to 30.

Mythic Cheat Menu Lite
This mod adds simple menu commands to give levels and mythic ranks to characters.

would be a lot more useful with ADD AND REMOVE levels and mythic ranks.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know you can get the camera to follow your party with the F key, but the problem here is that it drops the stickyness as soon as you turn the camera, for both keyboard and middle mouse turn. So I'm wondering is there a way to make it sticky like in (may Allah forgive me for mentioning this game as having a working camera) NW2? Maybe some init magic or something.

I can't believe how much this fucks with my enjoyment of the game...

Alrik

Educated

Worldcrawl - Core

Mythic Cheat Menu Lite

would be a lot more useful with ADD AND REMOVE levels and mythic ranks.
100%, I'd say the amount of players who want to be able to respec outnumber the ones who just want to cheat at least 20:1.

Desiderius

Patron
Introducing half-finished classes and companions (not labeled as such, mind) with no respec borders on abusive.

Parabalus

Arcane
For some areas you get the feeling they went out of their way to make it as annoying as possible for the player.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, I feel like the general areas all look and play better with the rotating camera. All interactable thing is highlighted by TAB anyway so "looking for stuff" isn't really an issue. Unlike DOS 2 Owlcat are not keen on playing much on exploration by hiding item behind rotating camera in this game.

Areas like the siege of Drezden or Lost Chapel will look and play really badly with a fixed camera.

Desiderius

Patron
Looks like there is at least one intersting place to Dimension Door...

Door to Chief.jpg

This at beginning of Chapel before killing Nulk. Usually have to do that first to open up path down other side of mountain.

Infinitron tanking chapel.jpg

Now this is more like it. Not unhittable but close enough. She and the Leopard tanked this fight. Sosiel fell victim to some bad pathing and a lucky Ghoul hit. After this fight Nenio equipped a scroll of Remove Paralysis. Good thing.

One thing about Chapel is that neither Undead not Gargoyles are Outsiders so you don't get the Crusader's Edge.

DebuffshelpNenio.jpg

Nenio starting to take her rightful place along the frontlines. Going to have to figure out the casting defensively rules again, but the game treats this as just a ranged attack. Probably should save those for before entering the fray. There's no save on that Ray BTW.

Arrow Protection Blinding Ray for Lann.jpg

She doesn't have the ranged feats, so it's reserved for ranged threats, but those are often priority targets so it works out. The Blind provides Lann both the -2 AC and the Flatfooted to help him take care of business. Druid Lann needs more help than ZA Lann. DR for Ember courtesy of Protection from Arrows, Communal. Nenio can craft scrolls to get around the Opposition School penalty.

Helping the Queen.jpg

Galfrey can do the work so whenever she's on your team give her a hand. Watch out for the trap in the middle of this fight.

Mass Hold Open.jpg

This is how the big boss fight opens on Hard. Nenio beat the save of course. She's already immune from Bookworm's headband. Hardy (Dwarven racial +2 all svae vs spells and spell-like abilities) finally shows up. Hasn't worked on any spell-like abilities so far.

Scroll Savant coming thru.jpg

Scroll Savant to the rescue. Notice all the Seelahs. Use Magic Device representing.

Lann Stuck NulkHard.jpg

Lann still stuck in it the whole fight. For some reason several shots after this didn't take. Or maybe I was too distracted trying to win.

Anyway everyone beating on Nulkineth while he cast a Divine Favor (as a rnd/lvl casting this in combat actually makes some sense). Nenio with the Pit and Sosiel with the Skellies and Prayer.

CrispTank.jpg

Crispy not being a Person had his run of the place from the get go and Charged up to take out a Ghoul Ranger north of boss. He should really have a Displacement and Protective Luck on. Not a bad job tanking Hard boss. 25 damage without Smite Evil or Crusader's Edge on a non-Enlarged one-hander is very respectable Infinitron. Chainmail of Comradery showing up.

Parabalus

Arcane
Looks like to be a true Aeon it's enough to choose to 'true lawful' outcomes in >50% of the judgments, which is pretty lenient.

The time travel stuff is hilarious and doesn't have much impact, end up feeling more good than anything because of what you influence.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom