Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I could maybe see the justification in a neutral aligned Lich due to the shortcuts the player takes past the normal rituals with the Lich mentor.

The issue I typically run into with evil playthroughs of CRPGs is the fact that the writers often conflate evil actions as simply being a short-sighted dick. This is especially frustrating in games with well-written and engaging companions who happen to be evil.
That wasn't really an issue in the Alpha though. There were a lot of evil options that made sense and were particularly satisfying to choose.

LabRat

Learned
You can't have your cake and eat it too, the fact that they're letting us be a neutral Lich is already generous as fuck.
I kinda miss that old Karthus from league of legends.
FKpcQSh.png

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
However, no being is beyond redemption. There is the possibility that a Lich realizes the errors of his ways and becomes a good Lich (Archlich)

Again, 'archlich' is Forgotten Realms.

Arch tho? By that line of thinking the biggest pimp daddy lich of them all is Baby Jesus himself.

Down on your knees indeed. No, that's not how it works. Redemption is the fruit of repentance and repentance is nothing if it isn't relinquishing one's ill-gotten gainz. You got to pay the cost to be the boss.

Let evil be evil and harvest it's own rotten fields. Leave the everlasting Life to The Almighty and those faithful to Him and His.

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
First thing im modding in is getting rid of the Owlcat Socjus bullshit in their Iconic stuff pronoun Owlcats are leftwingers despite how competent, had to mod out how horryfic the dryan and Valerie looked in Kingmaker as they are described as good looking and instead look like Tumblr Feminists.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The only "Lich" I can remember that was not evil, was Gauldoth the Half-Dead from HoMM IV. And he was what is considered True Neutral because he was half alive and half dead. He was given some sort of ambivalence and depth because of his "condition".

To me he is the best Lich because he doesn't just have drive, willpower and intelligence, he also has wisdom.

Being undead means that everyone, eventually, bolsters your side of the... "argument". :)

Yosharian

Arcane
Being a Lich is like, you ain't human anymore. No way are you going to avoid becoming at the very least a little bit evil.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Technically, you can't escape it because it doesn't depend on you. The universe decides what is and isn't evil, so any debate about this is moot.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
wether Liches have the capacity to cum or not.
Don't want to read spoilers but what exactly happens with romances when you go undead? I'm guessing everyone just abandons you eventually or turn into skeletal puppets.
You are missing certain important parts and everything that usually provides this drive. I would be very surprised if becoming a Lich doesn't break all possible romances, though I imagine the Evil companions wouldn't abandon you.

Delterius

Arcane
wether Liches have the capacity to cum or not.
Don't want to read spoilers but what exactly happens with romances when you go undead? I'm guessing everyone just abandons you eventually or turn into skeletal puppets.
As part of the aforementioned discussions over wether liches can have an orgasm, one important line of argument is that Owlcat says 'fuck you no romances if you're lich'. I cannot confirm it myself, however.

Shinros

Learned
As part of the aforementioned discussions over wether liches can have an orgasm, one important line of argument is that Owlcat says 'fuck you no romances if you're lich'. I cannot confirm it myself, however.

Yes, this is in the files.

Camellia has no interest because you lack a penis.

The succubus if she is evil, again is interested in exprimenting but notes she can't do anything since lich lacks the equipment. For the good version? Answer is plainly obvious.

Bug lady straight up tells you she is terrified of you and states that you can't feel normal emotions anymore.

In my opinion you don't pick Lich if you want your PC to hook up with someone. I'm also glad Owlcat did this. Actions have concequences.

Efe

Erudite
could have been worse..
could have made lich same-sex romance only.

Lacrymas

Arcane
could have been worse..
could have made lich same-sex romance only.
Can't wait to ravage Camellia with my lichess.

Now that I think about it, we've never had the possibility to... force ourselves on someone. We could feed children to cannibals in MotB, which is arguably worse.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Why bother pursuing a futile romance with a mortal companion when your Lichdom can be bought with the sacrifice of their soul? That way their spirit and memory will be with you always, far more romantic.

Technomancer

Liturgist
We could feed children to cannibals in MotB, which is arguably worse.
Not in modern culture. They can accept killing children with some difficulty but rape is just banned topic. Esp. since usually it is heavily one-sided in gender.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom