Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

could have been worse..
could have made lich same-sex romance only.
Can't wait to ravage Camellia with my lichess.

Now that I think about it, we've never had the possibility to... force ourselves on someone. We could feed children to cannibals in MotB, which is arguably worse.
Rape is a bit over the line, they'd get swarmed by a shitton of feminists and gaming "journalists"

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The romance options seem to want blood, passion, and/or a penis. As a lich you have none of these things.

Just use Alter Self?
Alter Self doesn't work with Undead. There is a convoluted way to do it though: Use Clone while you're still alive to create an inert clone of yourself. Become a lich. Use Magic Jar to possess the clone.

Of course, what self-respecting lich would do that?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't see why it's so important whether a lich can romance someone or not?

Really dude you are on the Codex is it that difficult to understand

Besides, there's a huge market opening, with liches and animal companions, you could please necrophiliacs and zoophilous all at once with a Lich / Doggo romance.
With all these bones, a Lich is like a wet dream for any canine...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This reminds me of how the last 4 WotR threads on /vrpg/ have been people arguing back and forth wether Liches have the capacity to cum or not.

"The taint of the grave runs through your family. Perhaps one of your ancestors became a powerful lich or vampire, or maybe you were born dead before suddenly returning to life. Either way, the forces of death move through you and touch your every action." https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/co...lines/bloodlines-from-paizo/undead-bloodline/

So, yes. Sorcerers of undead bloodline can descend from liches.

Delterius

Arcane
Perhaps one of your ancestors became a powerful lich
A lich cannot reproduce nor do they care to. They have no feelings to that effect. Even if a lich found a way to turn into a living creature they wouldn't do that for the purposes of reproduction, having sex or eating. It would be like turning into a squirrel so you can scratch your non existent ass. The only lich in all of golarion lore which kept the ability to feel those emotions is Zutha, the runelord of Gluttony. And he's more of a ghoul-lich than skeleton lords like the PC in Wrath or Tor-Baphon, the single most powerful lich possible.

Furthermore, many bloodlines aren't about being the direct scion of a magical being. But rather that your family has been in contact with such magic. Djinn bloodlines are often the offspring of people who worked in the wish-based economy of Katapesh or wished for magical power directly.

Ie, the ritual by which your ancestor became a lich tainted the entire family.

Last edited:

Takamori

Learned
I could go for a story of a botched Lich ritual, where the guy who were meant to be sacrificed becomes the Lich and the who was meant to be the lich dies. Then we could argue for a good lich, if the person meant to be sacrificed was a paladin, cleric or whatever of a good god.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been saying since the kickstarter blew away their stretchgoals, June 21 is unrealistic as fuck. I'm expecting Christmas or early 22 myself.

Takamori

Learned
If it follow Kingmaker model, better wait +6 months to patch all the bugs lol.

Btw still have a way to back this game to get the goodies now wait for Gaben to steal my shekels?

Dodo1610

Arcane
The game has neither a steam page/GOG or even a publisher which means Olwcat has no plans to launch it within the next 6 months.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
could have been worse..
could have made lich same-sex romance only.

What part of sexual reproduction means reproduction do these people not understand?

Romance? The Romans were the ultimate patriarchs. Becoming a lich is admitting you can’t get it up enough to produce issue in the first place.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
NPC Lann? Out here breakin chains cause the the Slav is my brother and this is the thx I get.

I’ve been a playa since your momma was sucking the last hair off of Chernenko’s shriveled-up old nutsack. NPC? Really? Smdh

Last edited:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

Btw still have a way to back this game to get the goodies now wait for Gaben to steal my shekels?

We're all going to play the game multiple times. Play your first playthrough on day one and your 6 other playthroughs 6 months later. The community is at its peak day one if that's something you're interested in participating in.

Takamori

Learned

We're all going to play the game multiple times. Play your first playthrough on day one and your 6 other playthroughs 6 months later. The community is at its peak day one if that's something you're interested in participating in.
Indeed done the same in Kingmaker pushed through all the bugged fuckery and then waited for the truckload of content and fixes. But man the end part was so raw in Kingmaker that I had to do some crazy shit to get through, I remember the dream part where you are in the forest, had "right" place to be or the game would hard lock you.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I'll say it again, alpha Wrathfinder is about as buggy as beta Kingmaker. If that follows I would expect beta Wrath to be as buggy as early released Kingmaker and the released game to be decently stable. I think it's legitimately on track for a Summer release.

Aenigmatax1874

Barely Literate
So how does this game compare to kingmaker in regards to the MC? Like the MC in kingmaker ideally wanted to be a tanky-charisma based character or a char with high persuasion. Does Wrath have a lot of solo parts and if so, does it require a lot of checks and how diverse are they?

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Question regarding Lich Romance, isnt Legendary Mortal LateGame path you switch to from other paths ? if so i ownder if Owlcat considered you basically unliching yourself and if they remembered to re-enable romances, since this is edge case as fuck and i can legit see them forgeting.

As for Mythical path, regarding aligment not mattering after you choose path, does it mean you are railroaded or its more like your choices are limited to what makes sense ? IE you can choose between being New or Old Testament Angel but you are still angel, in same way with Demon you can choose to be just using the powers without becoming nuts but you are still going to be impacted by it to some degree.

Sarathiour

Cipher
Question regarding Lich Romance, isnt Legendary Mortal LateGame path you switch to from other paths ? if so i ownder if Owlcat considered you basically unliching yourself and if they remembered to re-enable romances, since this is edge case as fuck and i can legit see them forgeting.

As for Mythical path, regarding aligment not mattering after you choose path, does it mean you are railroaded or its more like your choices are limited to what makes sense ? IE you can choose between being New or Old Testament Angel but you are still angel, in same way with Demon you can choose to be just using the powers without becoming nuts but you are still going to be impacted by it to some degree.

demon and angel being the "default" path mean that this two path probably allow more leeway regarding alignment decision.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Delterius

Arcane
despite a Lich being, by definition, someone who goes around sacrificing and destroying civilizations in order to further their power, who reached their current state via some absurd sacrifice of lives and literally tore their flesh and ability to feel any emotions away from their lives..

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Baelnorn_lich

There's even one in Icewind Dale
Don't make me post 'thats forgotten realms' a third time in this thread while linking to forgotten realms wiki pls.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom