Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What is people opinion here on the Path of War classes of Pathfinder? I have been reading a little over them and seem like they could be fun to play as a more micromanaging intensive martial class. I'm pretty sure they aren't in the new game, unless I have missed something. Not sure if they can even be added through mods, but still I was interested in knowing your opinions of them.
As Luckman said, the chance of having them in the base game is close to zero. Adding them through mod shouldn't be a problem at all: they basically are casters with weaker combat focused spells usable at will.

They are incredibly fun, but using them in a group of inexperienced players can be problematic due to some very strong abilities. Obviously, this isn't an issue in a crpg, so it all comes down to how the game is going to be balanced.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But why someone would wanna to become a devil? Always will be someone upper on hierarchy that can demote you. On Abyss, you can have fun with a succubus harem and no superior to boss you around.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Or you can be a dragon. The coolest thing in the universe. Did you know dragons get stronger through time? You don't want to fuck with an ancient dragon.

You are right. Unfortunately many RPG's makes dragons into just large hp boxes. Dragons should be extremely powerful. A ancient silver dragon should know every cold based spell and cast as empowered/maximized not just a breath attack...

there is no record of a dragon monk though

Imagine if monk unarmed damage bonus scale with draconic claws. That would dish so much damage...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What is people opinion here on the Path of War classes of Pathfinder? I have been reading a little over them and seem like they could be fun to play as a more micromanaging intensive martial class. I'm pretty sure they aren't in the new game, unless I have missed something. Not sure if they can even be added through mods, but still I was interested in knowing your opinions of them.
As Luckman said, the chance of having them in the base game is close to zero. Adding them through mod shouldn't be a problem at all: they basically are casters with weaker combat focused spells usable at will.

They are incredibly fun, but using them in a group of inexperienced players can be problematic due to some very strong abilities. Obviously, this isn't an issue in a crpg, so it all comes down to how the game is going to be balanced.

A lot of people are using Spheres of Power and Might content in games I've been playing lately, pretty decent though some of the things you can get for one or two feats is pretty crazy.

Dropdead Studios and Dreamscarred are probably two of the best 3pp content creators for Pathfinder.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
there is no record of a dragon monk though
>He doesn't want to be a scaled fist who can transform into a gold dragon
Whack.
So it's true? You become a Perma-Dragon rather than the occasional Dragonform?
Can I finally be free to fly in the sky with my Draconic Brethren? Can I walk amongst the common folk with my newfound scaly form? Can I finally roleplay as Mr. Mordaut?

Efe

Erudite
scaled fist imitates dragons. they are like dragons cheap cannon fodder.
Steeped in traditions that trace their origins to the warrior-monks who trained under the tutelage of draconic masters, scaled fists eschew passive introspection in favor of unshakable confidence. Scaled fists learn to combine brutal intimidation with the brazen ferocity of an ancient wyrm to devastate their foes.
There are no dragons that go monk though.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

A lot of people are using Spheres of Power and Might content in games I've been playing lately, pretty decent though some of the things you can get for one or two feats is pretty crazy.

Dropdead Studios and Dreamscarred are probably two of the best 3pp content creators for Pathfinder.
Dreamscarred material is incredibly polished, it's evident they know what they are doing. I would go so far as to say that Path of War and Ultimate Psionics can rival some first party stuff, regarding quality. I also think that these two handbooks would fare very well in a crpg adaptation, due to the incredible amount of options they offer to the player.

Spheres of Power is so much fun... I can't say much about the overall balance because I haven't tested it thoroughly, but it surely is a creative system.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Sounds about like how Camellia will play out. She gets Ghost Touch at min/activation out of the gate and Bane Weapon around lvl six, plus Hexes.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
scaled fist imitates dragons. they are like dragons cheap cannon fodder.
Steeped in traditions that trace their origins to the warrior-monks who trained under the tutelage of draconic masters, scaled fists eschew passive introspection in favor of unshakable confidence. Scaled fists learn to combine brutal intimidation with the brazen ferocity of an ancient wyrm to devastate their foes.
There are no dragons that go monk though.
Oh, I think you may be right. I don't see anything about dragons going monk.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Dreamscarred material is incredibly polished, it's evident they know what they are doing. I would go so far as to say that Path of War and Ultimate Psionics can rival some first party stuff, regarding quality. I also think that these two handbooks would fare very well in a crpg adaptation, due to the incredible amount of options they offer to the player.

Spheres of Power is so much fun... I can't say much about the overall balance because I haven't tested it thoroughly, but it surely is a creative system.

The Aegis and Soulknife from Psionics are two of my favourite concepts for classes. I really like full martial classes with a twist.

If someone modded them into Kingmaker/Wrath it would be awesome.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Efe There is the Green Dragon though:
>They are always seeking to improve themselves both physically and mentally. Physically they undertake vigorous exercise regimes up to and including sparring with other dragons while mentally they undertake rigorous studies.
Sounds like a monk to me :)

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why not have a game with only fighters if every other class needs to be ruined so hard? It will be perfectly balanced...

Ohhh wait, i described nwn2.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Fun, challenge and immersion > balance.
You can't have challenge without a semblance of (asymmetrical) balance, sorry. Fun comes from being challenged.

Like what do you even want to do in low level CRPG?

You have 6 characters who spammed attacks because there is jack shit you can do at early level.
By the time you are level 3, you already have this gigantic list of spells -
fUA7Oq1.jpg
And that's only for 1 character.

This is the other half of the list -

I think I'm absolutely fair about the number of options you have at spell circle 6.

Because all of them are adapted in CRPG yeah. Sure.

EDI: and really most of those spells do shit in CRPGs. Look at PfK or NWN. Those low level spells? Most of them are barely worth using.

jungl

Augur
how would casters fare if they could enchant wands with 50 charges similar to knights of the chalice.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Craft magical weapons and armor can be a interesting thing to add to the game. But the balancelords would hate if sorcerers/wizards can craft magical items(even if they can be used by their weapon focused martial classes which are the unique way to play any game for then), imagine crafting a glove who adds 2d6 elemental damage to monk's punches. Robes that allow the user to cast defensive spells like mirror image...

how would casters fare if they could enchant wands with 50 charges similar to knights of the chalice.

It's a mixed bag. You're essentially allowing someone to craft their way around class design. There isn't really a good way to balance it. It can be great fun, but that's usually because it's broken. Wizards at level cap n Temple of Elemental Evil who craft wands practically cast without limitation. Being at level cap is the best time for shenanigans, but still, it can make some of the endgame trivial rather than momentous.

D&D 5E has done a good job with wands/rods/staffs though. They have daily charges that are just enough for several encounters, but recharge daily. There is a 5% chance that you will destroy the item if you use its last charge. There is also the attunement requirement for many of them. Overall they balance out classes like Wizards very well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom