Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
>It's a mixed bag.
It really isn't. Being able to self enchant charges into a wand, won't break loot progression. That shield of faith wand you've been carrying since early game? Will it can still be useful in the mid game. By freeing your cleric from having to memorize the spell.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's 2020, and tabletoppers still do not get computer games.

Still can't play this fucking thing due to crashes all the time.
Actually, this is very valuable feedback. I would suggest you to report to Owlcats as much as possible. Due to the fact that most other testers play their versions OK, you may have a unique combination of software and hardware that reveals some hard to find problems in the code.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's 2020, and tabletoppers still do not get computer games.

Still can't play this fucking thing due to crashes all the time.
Actually, this is very valuable feedback. I would suggest you to report to Owlcats as much as possible. Due to the fact that most other testers play their versions OK, you may have a unique combination of software and hardware that reveals some hard to find problems in the code.

I had three or four CTDs and game felt super fragile then somehow it worked itself out and now it’s fine.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No crashes yet although my cavalier playthrough lasted right until I realized I had to dismount to zone.

Desiderius

Patron
No crashes yet although my cavalier playthrough lasted right until I realized I had to dismount to zone.

Yeah, best to hold off of the mounted stuff. Hasn't really been implemented yet. I liked Espionage Expert so I could stack Perception to not miss anything while buffing my team with Hunter's Bond - Outsiders.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I don't get "balancefags". Even with multi player games. When i played crossfire long years ago, tBarrett M82A1 rifle which could OHK people behind cover at 400m with a feet shot. I saw some guys complaining and ... Purchased the weapon for myself. In a MP game, instead of crying because "martini henry is OP on bf1", "pzb 39 is op on bf5", why you don't use the weapon? In SP games it makes even less sense. If someone is using a pun pun build or a underdog challenge build, why should i care? How it affects me? Does anyone here believes that a game with that insane high amount of choice can be proper balanced? Even if we assume that balance is good and not a immersion, fun and variety killer?

Some times being overpowered is amazing and some times being a underdog having a harsh time is amazing. I an reading Solo Leveling at moment, on the beginning of the story, the MC is a complete weakling and the story is interesting. When he becomes stronger, the story keeps amazing. Kingmaker is pretty generous, giving a lot of powerful companions and is 100% possible to beat the game on normal with any pure roleplay build. Doesn't matter if you are pure caster, half caster or pure martial. And the game provides his fair share of challenge.I really wanna see all crazy stuff that people can do with WoTR like for eg, being a water demon kineticist mounted in a wryven. And don't care if someone living at 30 000km from my home can kill a boss that i had a hard time in a round with a pun pun build. Or if someone decided to have low STR/CON/DEX and be a Barbarian because he wanna challenge himself.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Has anyone been able to make an Order of the Star Cavalier? I tried to make one, when I tried to select a deity it wouldn't "lock in" my choice so I was unable to finish building the character.

Reported it, obviously, just curious if anyone else was affected.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I'm fairly sure no such rule exists in 3.5. I'm ready to bet 1.000.000 Ontopolies on this.

What's one Ontopoly worth in User0001 's?

Come on, Sawyer never really worked on Outer Worlds. If anything, I'd bet that turd would be better with his participation.

Sawyer has redeemed himself for his folly in making poe2 ultimate decline. He's secretly anti Larian but the industry doesn't allow him to share his true feelings. Read inbetween the lines of some of his tweets.

Anonona

Learned
Me too. And lets be real. Every good RPG is extremely unbalanced.

WoTR will be more unbalanced than Kingmaker and thus more fun.

If there is not bloated stats, I'll argue that it will be more balanced, as it will conserve the balance of the original game while keeping the high level gameplay. (though I'll say an Unfair like difficulty with all the stat alterations would still be good to have for those craving that kind of challenge)

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't know about balance, but I do care about challenge and difficulty in my cRPGs.

Well it depends on what balance is. Kingmaker did have some broken encounters where your enemy had like 70 AC and you couldn't do jack shit. The rest was good tho.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Well it depends on what balance is. Kingmaker did have some broken encounters where your enemy had like 70 AC and you couldn't do jack shit. The rest was good tho.

Yep. But you still have kineticists which can target the enemy touch AC or complete ignore armor with deadly earth, walls and clouds. There are some enemies with near 40 SR or even complete magical immunity that are a pain in the *** to casters. And this 70 AC is thanks to the stat inflation on unfair difficulties. Doesn't matter if you prefer play as a martial class or as a arcane class. You need pun pun/min max builds to beat the game on unfair.

If there is not bloated stats, I'll argue that it will be more balanced, as it will conserve the balance of the original game while keeping the high level gameplay. (though I'll say an Unfair like difficulty with all the stat alterations would still be good to have for those craving that kind of challenge)

Yes, but with character creation, more options that are complete different from another = more unbalance. Think on a FPS. If everyone can only use AK 47, the game will gonna be perfectly balanced. IF everyone can use anything, from a Arquebus to a modern bullpup rifle, the game can't be balanced. Unless you make all rifles virtually the same with different skins(at this point, why include then?); Or in racing, more variety of cars = more unbalance.

Some people seems to only enjoy low level/low magic settings and it is fine. I enjoy everything, enjoy pathfinder by being high magical just like i enjoy Mount & Blade for being 100% no magical. But if i wanna a crazy high magical Spelljammer setting, where epic level spells are relative common, with crazy space magical ships fighting aberrations on the space, why not? Let RPG's have variety. The golden times of RPG's had a lot of variety. From steampunk magical games(Arcanum), pure sci-fi games(Fallout 1/2) to planescape settings.

I an looking forward Arcanist class and his magical exploits. Or the sorcerer with the animal companion archetype. Imagine being a all might sorcerer mounted in a tyrannosaur.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't know about balance, but I do care about challenge and difficulty in my cRPGs.

You couldn’t do jack shit.

Not sure what that has to do with everyone else.

Game has more than enough tools for any occasion.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Fallout is a documentary of the future sent to us by ways of time travel.

People who need classes to be balanced and equally potent in single player games hate fun. Sawyerists. Lowest of the low.

Desiderius

Patron
I like every class/archetype to have some logic to it and/or to be good at something if for no other reason than replayability.

People were saying Crusader sux and it certainly looked that way so I tried to see the logic and make it work and was pleasantly surprised while learning something about action economy while doing it. That’s good design.

Sawyerism is everything being meh.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
We need to change the definition of sawyerism to someone who started out good, fell from grace, then redeemed themselves. It's like a heroes journey for game development

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Fallout has no necromancers or warlocks, so it's understandable.

Has a lot of cool guns. Now only the science fiction guns, but also a lot of amazing realistic guns. New Vegas has everything that i could want, a classy .45-70 lever action rifle, a anti materiel rifle and explosive ammo, fully automatic 12 gauge shotguns with all types of ammo, including dragon breath, effectively transforming the 12 gauge shotgun into a flame thrower. IRL Dragon Breath rounds have problems "cycling", see on video bellow. But in game, you can fire non stop on fully automatic guns.

A video showing dragon breath rounds. IMO new vegas should have a "jam" mechanic for using this types of ammo on non "manual" shotguns.

But with fallout new vegas, you don't see people wanting to ruin firearms by removing all cool firearms from the game. Because the experience of fighting with a anti materiel rifle needs to be the same of fighting with a a axe.

IMO OwlCat shoud bring Gunslinger into PfWoTR https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/

Or just firearms and bring a alchemist archetype focused on firearms instead of bombs.

Desiderius

Patron
We need to change the definition of sawyerism to someone who started out good, fell from grace, then redeemed themselves. It's like a heroes journey for game development

When he redeems himself then that will become a possibility. He's still lost in the wilderness.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

When he redeems himself then that will become a possibility. He's still lost in the wilderness.
Are you aware of the subliminal messages in some of his recent tweets? He is redeemed

Ghulgothas

Arcane

Are you aware of the subliminal messages in some of his recent tweets? He is redeemed
He's yet to pass the Third Threshold; he must still make his return, vanquish his ultimate enemy and finally retire as Master of Both Worlds.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

He's yet to pass the Third Threshold; he must still make his return, vanquish his ultimate enemy and finally retire as Master of Both Worlds.
Can't wait.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Fallout has no necromancers or warlocks, so it's understandable.

Has a lot of cool guns. Now only the science fiction guns, but also a lot of amazing realistic guns. New Vegas has everything that i could want, a classy .45-70 lever action rifle, a anti materiel rifle and explosive ammo, fully automatic 12 gauge shotguns with all types of ammo, including dragon breath, effectively transforming the 12 gauge shotgun into a flame thrower. IRL Dragon Breath rounds have problems "cycling", see on video bellow. But in game, you can fire non stop on fully automatic guns.

A video showing dragon breath rounds. IMO new vegas should have a "jam" mechanic for using this types of ammo on non "manual" shotguns.

But with fallout new vegas, you don't see people wanting to ruin firearms by removing all cool firearms from the game. Because the experience of fighting with a anti materiel rifle needs to be the same of fighting with a a axe.

IMO OwlCat shoud bring Gunslinger into PfWoTR https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/gunslinger/

Or just firearms and bring a alchemist archetype focused on firearms instead of bombs.

I talked with one of the devs about the gunslinger class and he said that they don't implement it because it's so powerfull that it makes all other ranged weapons useless.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom