Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

razvedchiki

Erudite
this far they havent revealed any bog standard fighter type npc right? everyone NEEDS to BE UNIQUE AND INTERESTING AND WHATTHE FUCK. no love for some boring fighter fighiting for a pennie or two and to see another day.
no bard/skald also, which sucks because it will force me to make one such merc but on the other hand i want as many UNIQUE AND INTERESTING npcs as i can get.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
this far they havent revealed any bog standard fighter type npc right? everyone NEEDS to BE UNIQUE AND INTERESTING AND WHATTHE FUCK. no love for some boring fighter fighiting for a pennie or two and to see another day.
no bard/skald also, which sucks because it will force me to make one such merc but on the other hand i want as many UNIQUE AND INTERESTING npcs as i can get.
One of the companion is a ranged Fighter (Wendu) and is confirmed to be intended as a FIghter (at least on Level 1) but narrative-wise there is actually one companion that is "simple family guy".

Greybor (Slayer - Assassin) is just a mercenary that join you.. for a hefty price of 100k gold. Yeah, you need to hire him for a huge amount of gold. And if you don't, he will get hired to kill you at some point and you have to kill him. Now he only joins on Act 3 so there is not much information on him, or whether he will have a twist later on the story. Owlcat loves their twist after all

Shadenuat

Arcane
Looks like another by woman, for women companion, but unlike Tristian, his face just looks ugly - as if artist tried very hard to draw a elf/whatever take on Lestat Lioncourt, but failed a lot and ended up with a fanart version of him.

Robber Baron

Savant
as if artist tried very hard to draw a elf/whatever take on Lestat Lioncourt, but failed a lot and ended up with a fanart version of him.

Didn't Kingmaker portratis went through several revisions? It might look different in the final version, looks like a draft right now anyways

Shadenuat

Arcane
well revisions can happen 10 times even with colored versions, since they change dramatically how you perceive what was black and white sketch, but if they show it might be actual portrait

in the 1st game many were bland but people reacted well to NokNok and later to Tiefling Sisters.
so they might be going all out now that they do not have to play it safe.
it is, though, a common mistake sometimes, especially in D&D parties, where players think how to make unique character and base it on a super unique race/sad story; without realising that it cannot carry anything without actual personality.

but hey, all the women so far were hot so I can forgive one not-Lestat and some planescape masturbation.

Thonius

Arcane
well revisions can happen 10 times even with colored versions, since they change dramatically how you perceive what was black and white sketch, but if they show it might be actual portrait

in the 1st game many were bland but people reacted well to NokNok and later to Tiefling Sisters.
so they might be going all out now that they do not have to play it safe.
it is, though, a common mistake sometimes, especially in D&D parties, where players think how to make unique character and base it on a super unique race/sad story; without realising that it cannot carry anything without actual personality.

but hey, all the women so far were hot so I can forgive one not-Lestat and some planescape masturbation.
Twins, Jaethal and Nok were good because their edginess/uniqueness was multiplied by other companions who were more on the bland side.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I hope it's because of ongoing portrait revisions and not deliberate stylistic choice, but a lot of the new portraits (companions in particular) feel like they lack the sharpness and definition the Kingmaker ones had.
T77jdhn.jpg
Jf5HlWG.jpg

Tyroth Gideon

Novice
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

With 11 being a Scrollmaster Wizard.

The image is from back in March, so things may have changed or been revealed since then, such as number 11.

Alex

Arcane
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

The image is from back in March, so things may have changed or been revealed since then, such as number 11.

Ah, the good old tradition of typing random crap and filling in the vowels for names.

Thonius

Arcane
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

Ah, the good old tradition of typing random crap and filling in the vowels for names.
Not complete... 13

Tyroth Gideon

Novice
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

Considering that that was info from discord and the devs and Mods and such, i would not exactly consider it random crap.

Alex

Arcane
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

Considering that that was info from discord and the devs and Mods and such, i would not exactly consider it random crap.

I meant the companion names, they sound like random sounds. I didn't mean to imply it was false information; sorry if it sounded that way.

Tyroth Gideon

Novice
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

I meant the companion names, they sound like random sounds. I didn't mean to imply it was false information; sorry if it sounded that way.
Ah, on that point we can agree, its like they went "Lets see how many random vowels we can shove in between the minimum amount of consonants as possible and convince others its a name."

Not everything is on Owlcat though, atleast a few of the names may be from npcs and pre made cahracters from the original AP(similar to Amiri).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

So you could bang only the shitty ones....
a goat,a mud and a nigger....:decline:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

Arushalae's kit is Espionage Expert, which is a Cha-based Ranger. No pet but gets Slayer's Quarry feature.
Camellia is TN
but actually CE
Daeran is NE (Life Mystery FWIW)
Greybor is a TN Slayer
Companion #11 is Nenio, TN Human (but possibly Kitsune) Scroll Savant

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am curious,do people have any intentions of bangign Galfrey? She looks pretty incompetent and bitchy lol,i am more of the opinion of killing the cunt and becoming a ruler meself. Any reason she couldn't win the fucking crusade while ruling for that much time?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom