Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I am curious,do people have any intentions of bangign Galfrey? She looks pretty incompetent and bitchy lol,i am more of the opinion of killing the cunt and becoming a ruler meself. Any reason she couldn't win the fucking crusade while ruling for that much time?
Galfrey is kind of dumb but not hopeless. She's the only one of the Good-aligned advisors who thinks that you should recruit the Hellknights, for example (which is the most fucking obvious decision ever).
Iomedae is the real problem, she's a much bigger and more powerful retard.
I don't plan on banging her because I don't want her anti-aging elixir to wear off unexpectedly and have us re-enact that Lorraine Massey scene from The Shining.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
A Queen fit for a Lich, truly.
EEvQqi0.png

I mean, no one else is likely to put up with your undeath. You'll have something in common with her, at least!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
this far they havent revealed any bog standard fighter type npc right? everyone NEEDS to BE UNIQUE AND INTERESTING AND WHATTHE FUCK. no love for some boring fighter fighiting for a pennie or two and to see another day.
no bard/skald also, which sucks because it will force me to make one such merc but on the other hand i want as many UNIQUE AND INTERESTING npcs as i can get.
For Companions we have:

From_My_Pledge.png

With 11 being a Scrollmaster Wizard.

The image is from back in March, so things may have changed or been revealed since then, such as number 11.
Arushalae's kit is Espionage Expert, which is a Cha-based Ranger. No pet but gets Slayer's Quarry feature.
Camellia is TN
but actually CE
Daeran is NE (Life Mystery FWIW)
Greybor is a TN Slayer
Companion #11 is Nenio, TN Human (but possibly Kitsune) Scroll Savant

Espionage Expert gets the alternative to the pet that all Rangers have available, Hunter’s Bond, which shares half your Favored Enemy bonus with your team, which is very strong since all demons are Evil Outsiders. Also get Perception, Bluff, and Stealth for free with levels. Lose Camouflage which is weird.

MC was EE in first alpha playthrough and owned.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Seelah will probably turn out to be the best Bard. Dirge Bard is sick. Wenduag is a Fighter who starts with a couple Ranged Feats but is only lvl one.

Daeran’s Alignment will almost certainly be flexible and you can get him a Mount via Nature Second Mystery Feat.

Camellia has tempo like a Freebooter if you open with Hampering Hex (always works for at least a round) and she gets fast spell progression.

Lann will be a late game tank beast with infinite attax from Flurry (supposed to stack with Rapid), Greater Snap Shot, and free Point Blank Master. WIS to both AC and AB.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Tutorial dungeon is so sweet and has an actual tutorial so hopefully less faceplanting from noobs giving fodder to Greggz.

Any experts on here can recommend best new machine for me to upgrade to to play Wrath? This one’s seven years old now.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am curious,do people have any intentions of bangign Galfrey? She looks pretty incompetent and bitchy lol,i am more of the opinion of killing the cunt and becoming a ruler meself. Any reason she couldn't win the fucking crusade while ruling for that much time?
Galfrey is kind of dumb but not hopeless. She's the only one of the Good-aligned advisors who thinks that you should recruit the Hellknights, for example (which is the most fucking obvious decision ever).
Iomedae is the real problem, she's a much bigger and more powerful retard.
I don't plan on banging her because I don't want her anti-aging elixir to wear off unexpectedly and have us re-enact that Lorraine Massey scene from The Shining.
Muh hellknights sound like demon worshipping bitches,why recruit them when you could crush the?! I just want to crush everyone in my path as pure human and find meself a nice prestigious breeding virgin!

The companions seem pretty shit,half of them are scum that i would like to lynch.

Fuck my dick is hard,i want to play it now!!!

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Currently on early Chapter 3.

Seelah is OK at being a Paladin. Probably you can make her a bard or something due to her 15 CHA but with 18 STR and starting with dodge and shield focus it is probably worth keeping her as a Paladin and just front line. Free mount on level 5 as well. 90% of the enemy you are going to face is all Evil so Smite Evil is very good.

Lann has 17 STR. DEX, and WIS at the start. Zen Archer is strong and I think there is a bug that causes Flurry of Blows stack with Rapid Shot (not sure if this is intentional or not at this point). Being able to shit out 5 ranged attacks with True Strike Ki Power where everybody else only has 2 or 3 is very strong for initiating against enemy backline spellcaster. Not to mention there are some Mythic Abilities that are simply nifty for the ranged characters so Lann ended up really strong. Having such a high WIS score means that he is probably a good candidate to fork into Hunter? Maybe Zen Archer 3 for True Strike Ki Power for alpha striking purpose and then put all the rest into Hunter?

Camellia is a 19 Dex built shaman which is a much better tank than Seelah can ever hope to be (I switch between them just to be fresh). Icaplant Hex gives 2 Natural AC (not Natural Enhancement mind you) that otherwise other normal tanking class won't be able to get. Her Battle Spirit and Shaman spell lists are making her very strong frontline. Overall very satisfied with her being a shaman so probably not going to fork her into anything else on Beta/full game.

Ember starts as Level 3 Witch with decent Dex and CHA (she is custom kit Witch that uses CHA for Spellcasting). Stats wise can probably be used as Bard, but Witches hex are silly strong so probably not worth it.

Woljif starts as Level 3 Eldritch Scoundrel rogue with 22 DEX and 20 INT. Probably will work just as pure Eldirtich Scoundrel. His skill distribution is in such a way that he needs to be Level 6 at the earliest if you want to take AT, but so far he works fine as pure class Eldritch Scoundrel.

Daeran starts as Level 3 Oracle with Life mystery which means he gets all your heals covered naturally. Like Ember, has good DEX and CHA so probably also a candidate for a bard but having invested 3 Level on Oracle hurts for multiclassing. Maybe with a respec mod? But as an oracle Daeran is useful enough. Boundless Healing mythic power makes using Cure X Wounds spells much more bearable as well.

Wendu is Level 1 Fighter that starts with Precise Shot. 16 STR, 20 DEX, 12 WIS. After Level 1 you can probably build her ranged with whatever build you want. Probably not good as casters due to her having bad spellcasting ability scores (12 WIS is the highest). Can probably be a Ekundayo style Ranger, just use the spells for self and pet buff. Abundant Casting gives a lot of spell slots for Level 1 - 3 Spells which means useful Level 1 - 3 Ranger spells like Barkskin, etc can be used easily even with her low WIS score. Or make her a ranged Rogue or Vivi or Slayer.

Sosiel is Level 6 Cleric with 16 STR and 19 WIS with Glaive weapon focus. Probably worth just to keep him as Cleric. And there are a lot of good Glaives in the game.

Reggil is 5 Fighter 1 Hellknights. 13 STR, 18 DEX, 16 CON. Starts with Weapon Finesse (and can take Mythic Weapon Finesse not so long after). Has Two-Weapon Fighting and Gnome Hooked Hammer as Weapon Focus. Once again probably going to keep with his original class. Diplomacy is a class skill and with weapon focus built-in (and there are also some decent Gnome Hooked Hammer on shops) probably can be the Dazzling Displayer of the team? His stats spread also makes him a decent candidate for a frontline tank with shield and maybe shield bash due to his Two-Weapon Fighting.

Greybor joins as Level 10 Slayer with 18 STR, 16 DEX... and Weapon Finesse feats and Mythic Weapon Finesse Mythic Feats which makes him literally burns 2 feats for nothing. Otherwise standard Slayer stuff. Probably can use some PRC or be branched out other martial class if needed.

Arue is Level 10 custom class Ranger with high DEX and CHA. Probably worth just use her as pure class Ranger or branch out a bit.

Can't say much about Nenio because I don't really use her (as her content is unfinished) but she join as a Level 3 Wizard. Her archetype is Scroll Savant right now but is supposed to be Scroll Master on the finished game. 17 Dex 20 Int so if you want to make her AT like Octavia you probably could.

Desiderius

Patron
Seelah starts with Shield Focus which lets you take Missile Shield immediately which makes her a nice tank. Hampering Hex for Camellia is nice in that it works for a round even with a made save. Glad to confirm Icepkant stacks will take next.

ES is better than AT straight up, no reason to mess with that, especially when his feats are all melee-based.

Apparently I’m the only one with a Lann whose Rapid Shot doesn’t stack with Flurry. Is there a trick to it?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Apparently I’m the only one with a Lann whose Rapid Shot doesn’t stack with Flurry. Is there a trick to it?

It is completely random currently. Sometimes he is doing 4 attacks, sometimes 3 right now (5 and 4 with extra attack Ki Power) so it is not that reliable even on me. Taking the Mythic Feats for Rapid Shot I can ignore the attack penalty so it is just OK to hope for the bug to happen.

How is the game pacing? Is it a constant rush like kingmaker or is more of free-roam exploration ?

Prologue is just one extended dungeon like Aldori mansion (altho much more fleshed out).

Chapter 1 is much more constrained. You are placed in a closed up city with limited node. It is nice that there is one big event (Tavern Base attack) which will results some of those areas having different encounters/results. But compared to Chapter 1 of Kingmaker (Stag Lord) it is much more constrained exploration wise. The before/after Tavern attack I think is the thing that Owlcat said about having a "non-strict" time limit about.

Chapter 2 is also more focused. Instead of having a lot of small nodes near Trobold like in PfK, there are way fewer of those nodes. Compared to PfK Witch House area + Trobbold, the main area of WoR is much more developed tho. Basically there are 3 major dungeons for Chapter 2. 2 of them have completely optional area (think the underground part of the Kobold /Mite dungeon of PfK0 that is somewhat related to Lich Mythic path (but also contains other optional exploration inside. THe final dungeon (siege of Drezden) is a very big map with lot of optional encounters. In general I would say WoR has better exploration within the major area compared to the rather linear PfK, but there are certainly less walking around in World Map like in PfK.

Chapter 3 is much more open than Chapter 2, lots of nodes and quests happening. But I am just 2 hours in so I can't say much yet.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
How about time limits? Is it like in kingmaker where you were constantly pushed forward and all the explorefagz got wrecked,or are you free to explore around and the main quest progress when you initiate it?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
How about time limits? Is it like in kingmaker where you were constantly pushed forward and all the explorefagz got wrecked,or are you free to explore around and the main quest progress when you initiate it?

Prologue is prologue.

As I explained, no hard time limit on Chapter 1 (there is not evven a timer per se), but after few in game days it will trigger invasion on your base (which, if you are still Level 3 (the level you start Chapter 1) might be hard). Additionally there is C&C of getting to some of the area before and after the base invasion (you always get worse result if you get to them after invasion), but they are currently optional stuff. One of these before/after thing also directly correlates (along with 1 other player choice) determines whether you can access Azata mythic path. Basically you are forced to a hard encounter if you work on one of the quest after the base invasion. If you do the quest before the base invasion you can end the encounter peacefully to access Azata.

On Chapter 2 there is no time limit counter as well. Chapter 2 is more or less a tutorial on the whole Crusade Management thing. Instead of a tight time limit, due to not balanced Crusade Management in Alpha what you ended up having is skipping days. One of the dungeon has a soft time limit of a sort. Basically you are trading loot by exploring and do the quest quickly to save your soldier lives.

Chapter 3, once again I can't say as I am still early.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Camellia is a 19 Dex built shaman which is a much better tank than Seelah can ever hope to be (I switch between them just to be fresh). Icaplant Hex gives 2 Natural AC (not Natural Enhancement mind you) that otherwise other normal tanking class won't be able to get. Her Battle Spirit and Shaman spell lists are making her very strong frontline. Overall very satisfied with her being a shaman so probably not going to fork her into anything else on Beta/full game.

I turned her to that fey rogue class and she became both hell of a tank and thief. You can take Iceplant a second time (bug probably) with that class too. Combining with Iceplant modifying ring she became untouchable.
Also she's my kind of crazy.

:love:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Prologue is prologue.

As I explained, no hard time limit on Chapter 1 (there is not evven a timer per se), but after few in game days it will trigger invasion on your base (which, if you are still Level 3 (the level you start Chapter 1) might be hard). Additionally there is C&C of getting to some of the area before and after the base invasion (you always get worse result if you get to them after invasion), but they are currently optional stuff. One of these before/after thing also directly correlates (along with 1 other player choice) determines whether you can access Azata mythic path. Basically you are forced to a hard encounter if you work on one of the quest after the base invasion. If you do the quest before the base invasion you can end the encounter peacefully to access Azata.

On Chapter 2 there is no time limit counter as well. Chapter 2 is more or less a tutorial on the whole Crusade Management thing. Instead of a tight time limit, due to not balanced Crusade Management in Alpha what you ended up having is skipping days. One of the dungeon has a soft time limit of a sort. Basically you are trading loot by exploring and do the quest quickly to save your soldier lives.

Chapter 3, once again I can't say as I am still early.
So generally no push forward like kingmaker,that is incline for sure. That said,isn't it a bit early to be getting legendary classes in the tutorial chapters? Also how do they work,are they like a dual class or are they whole different levelling system?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That said,isn't it a bit early to be getting legendary classes in the tutorial chapters?

We got our first Mythic level at the end of act 1 and it's just the beginner level.
It's a whole different levelling system.

Edit: Also I played latest alpha with an inquisitor and I'm officialy in love now. It's going to be my main class unless I go lich route.
Still not quite on the sub class tough, probably sacred hunstman for leopard.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Muh hellknights sound like demon worshipping bitches,why recruit them when you could crush the?! I just want to crush everyone in my path as pure human and find meself a nice prestigious breeding virgin!

The companions seem pretty shit,half of them are scum that i would like to lynch.

Fuck my dick is hard,i want to play it now!!!
Hellknights are pure Lawful, not concerned with Good/Neutral/Evil, just killing demons.
I think overall the companions are :incline: from Kingmaker (and I liked most of them in Kingmaker).

I started leveling Seelah as a Slayer (Deliverer) because her skills bugged out on me and I couldn't level her up as a Paladin. The bug's been fixed but I kept going, she's been pretty effective with shield-bashing so far. Smite Evil is still really good, but I think if I had planned this build I would've started taking Slayer levels sooner, because as a Deliverer she gets +2d6 damage on every alignment that's at least 2 steps away from LG (so, every evil enemy) at level 10.
Lann is really effective as a pure Zen Archer. I could see him working as a Freebooter multiclass, don't know enough about Hunter to say one way or the other.
I wouldn't multi Ember or Camellia, they're really strong in their chosen classes. Slumber Hex is OP, Evil Eye is good, and Camellia's Battle Spirit is very good.
I started leveling Woljif as an Eldritch Knight to boost his AB. He is dealing out quite a lot of damage, I am still not convinced that going EK was better than staying ES but it didn't gimp him so far as I can tell.
Wendu is a disgusting bug and I haven't taken her out of the caverns, but I'd probably go Ranger with her if I did.
Regill alternates between Dazzling Displays and going Shield + Whatever good finesse weapon I find. There are lots of good Light Shields in the game, so those have been sent his way.
I also wouldn't MC Greybor, Sosiel, or Aru. The Mythic feat that lets Sosiel get Animal Domain is good. Too bad Sosiel's so boring, I basically never use him. Greybor's feat selection is indeed retarded, hope they fix it prior to launch.
I kind of wish I'd gone AT with Nenio but I've taken her to Wiz12 so I don't really care to do it at this point. I also don't use her that much this playthrough.

Vatnik Wumao
Devil is the secret mythic path - just checked it as well, and it's right there in the files. Perhaps it's a false flag by Owlcats, but I doubt it.

59mkrou.png

I think the devil mythic path might connect to Aeon because.

Aeon gets a devil adviser who asks if he can hand out contracts. If your PC is less than virtous you say yes, the Aeon quest entails you handling trials and criminals, the devils suggests to bend the law to benefit yourself and the city, while at the same time handing out contracts to criminals. On the other hand your aeon teacher wants you to follow the law. I've talked with the Aeon writer on discord, they said if you follow the devils advice it becomes harder to change the past as an aeon, but if you follow the devil's advice, something else happens. They were cagey, for spoiler reasons. You can ask the devil if it is possible to become a devil without torture and he goes, well yes, but no. I'll look into it, but such an offer might be made to exceptional individuals.

Also I recalled the discussion from the QA, someone dug up this picture on the discord. So when this came up before in the thread I was flat out wrong. InD was right.

Screenshot_20200926-114329.png
A Devil path sounds even more appealing that the already heavily advertised Lich one.

So anyhow, for the Pathfinder lorefags out there, how does one turn into a Devil and where would one presumably fit within the Infernal Hierarchy?
Praise Asmodeus and glory to Cheliax. :obviously:
d8r0v1l-37c5cfb5-91a3-44b6-8934-b398b9d4254b.jpg

Ghulgothas

Arcane
For those farther in the Alpha, how many Mythic Levels did you get by the end of Chapter 3?

They said the Mythics cap at 10, I’m trying to gauge how spread out the Levels and Path-specific content will be over the course of the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom