Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Give lann one rogue eldritch scoundrel level to stack another 2d6 sneak on him. Don't forget to use mark of justice from seelah to give him advantages of smite. ES also gives him hurricane bow, mage armour and shield. Its only for one min and you need intelligence gear, but it is worth it.

You guys are just trolling me now, right?

That's a zero BAB level and a feat for 7 extra very conditional damage. Mage Armor isn't personal and one minute buffs suck. He has 10 INT.

On the opportunity cost side his base class snowballs into insanity with free AC and speed, an extra attack, full BAB, bonus Feats, growing arrow size, free DR penetration on arrows, and ki abilities.

This is officially the worst advice ever on these forums. Do not sneak splash. It is bad.

Desiderius

Patron
Deliverer is bad. 2d6 at lvl 10 really pales in comparison to everything else going on and Diehard will get you killed. Base Slayer is just better.

In terms of power you're way better off sticking to Paladin and getting the mount or Divine Weapon Bond. I'll probably end up making her Dirge Bard/Pal2 tank on most of my runs.

Don't sleep on Missile (and later Ray) Shield. Usually not worth taking Shield Focus to unlock but she starts with it.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
So anyhow, for the Pathfinder lorefags out there, how does one turn into a Devil and where would one presumably fit within the Infernal Hierarchy?
Praise Asmodeus and glory to Cheliax. :obviously:
d8r0v1l-37c5cfb5-91a3-44b6-8934-b398b9d4254b.jpg
I don't know where you fit into the hierarchy, but the files indicate that going Aeon and then acting Evil is how you unlock the Devil options.
Deliverer is bad. 2d6 at lvl 10 really pales in comparison to everything else going on and Diehard will get you killed. Base Slayer is just better.

In terms of power you're way better off sticking to Paladin and getting the mount or Divine Weapon Bond. I'll probably end up making her Dirge Bard/Pal2 tank on most of my runs.

Don't sleep on Missile (and later Ray) Shield. Usually not worth taking Shield Focus to unlock but she starts with it.
I just noticed that apparently the 2d6 extra damage doesn't stack with Holy damage so that is worse than I thought.
I still think Slayer is an OK route for her.
If the game hadn't bugged out I would've just kept her as a pure Paladin, but it seems like there are quite a few build possibilities with her. She'll probably end up being the one whose build I end up experimenting with the most, seems like there are lots of possibilities.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I don't know where you fit into the hierarchy, but the files indicate that going Aeon and then acting Evil is how you unlock the Devil options.
:deathclaw:
Shouldn't be a lawful evil acts. Doing purely evil shit is more of demon thing,devils do have their own way doing shit.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
:deathclaw:
Shouldn't be a lawful evil acts. Doing purely evil shit is more of demon thing,devils do have their own way doing shit.
Aeon is a pure-Lawful path and you have to act Lawful to unlock and stay on it, so being an Aeon and acting evil means you are acting in a Lawful Evil fashion.
It definitely sounds different from the Demon options that are in the alpha.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am confused at codexers. Why would you chose to become some inferior creatures like devil,demon,lich,dragon,etc etc , when you could play as the maga Chad and crush them all?

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, just saying if you want a Slayer go base Slayer or Vanguard (or Spawn if you’re going for CMs).

Desiderius

Patron
so what does Hard/Unfair do now?

Not even on those yet. All the stuff we’re talking about is fun and all and may be the best thing to do with each class but it still isn’t as powerful as what you can do in P:K. Mythic abilities are and that’s where I anticipate kicking up the difficulty.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Shadenuat

Arcane
hey, pnp players get their own difficulty I see fitting their nature. third from left.

additional enemies, extra ai? interesting.

but i liked sound of "Unfair".

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So how bad is the camera rotation? Do you have to constantly adjust it?

I just don't see any benefit to it, just an unnecessary hassle.
I hate it, personally. Adds nothing of real value to the game and it's annoying, even with the speed of rotation at max. It also kind of swings around a central point rather than just turning, which also is dumb.

Only thing I really like less than P:K, so far.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am confused at codexers. Why would you chose to become some inferior creatures like devil,demon,lich,dragon,etc etc , when you could play as the maga Chad and crush them all?
You have to start on a Mythic path regardless, certain options only unlock later in the game (Dragon, Legend, Swarm, and Devil)
but what do difficulties do, any information?
Wait, why is "Additional Enemy Behaviors" off even on Hard? Do they plan to add "Unfair" later on??

hey, pnp players get their own difficulty I see fitting their nature. third from left.
Core is literally there. And tabletop is Ironman by default, I might add.

Desiderius

Patron
So how bad is the camera rotation? Do you have to constantly adjust it?

I just don't see any benefit to it, just an unnecessary hassle.
I hate it, personally. Adds nothing of real value to the game and it's annoying, even with the speed of rotation at max. It also kind of swings around a central point rather than just turning, which also is dumb.

Only thing I really like less than P:K, so far.

Needs at least a compass

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
A Devil path sounds even more appealing that the already heavily advertised Lich one.

So anyhow, for the Pathfinder lorefags out there, how does one turn into a Devil and where would one presumably fit within the Infernal Hierarchy?
Traditionally, the way is pretty rigid, as befitting of the Nine Hells.
First step is to ensure you take actions during your life that will have your soul end up there. The easiest is to just sell your soul to a Devil, but there's a risk your soul will end up consumed instead. You have to be careful wording the contract, but you don't deserve to be a Devil otherwise. Alternatively, you have to be LE and live your life to the full according to your alignment, not be a pious follower of a god that will take you to his realm, and not be an atheist (Pharasma will lock you up in her vault if you are). Devoutly worshiping Asmodeus is probably your best bet, but not the only one.
Second step is the easiest by far. You just have to die and not be resurrected.
Third step is where it gets unpleasant. If you did step 1 right, you'll end up in Hell as a petitioner. You'll then spend ages getting tortured until you either break or become cleansed of any lingering mortal frailties like empathy and such. If you break from the torture, your soul will get used for something or other and you will cease to exist entirely. If you don't break, you will eventually be turned into a Lemure, the lowest of Devils. Congratulations!
Fourth step is to advance in the hierarchy and get turned into progressively stronger forms (an advancement always involving torture and excruciating pain), but that's beyond the scope of this guide. Just use your wits.

Mythic Devil will, fortunately, almost certainly skip the usual method. I wouldn't be surprised if the epilogue has you installed as a Duke of Hell after delivering a crushing victory against the hated Demons and probably instating the second devil-worshiping nation in Golarion.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Wait, why is "Additional Enemy Behaviors" off even on Hard? Do they plan to add "Unfair" later on??
Most likely unfinished,they do have make and polish the basic behaviours and then expand it.

You have to start on a Mythic path regardless, certain options only unlock later in the game (Dragon, Legend, Swarm, and Devil)
Yeah,but the legend one is you still being a human, i take it will be also the hardest one. I am really looking forward to it,have no intention of becoming any inferior creature lol. Have killed more than enough of their kind throughout the years to know how worthless they are lol :obviously:. Humans are most superior creature in existence,they have outlived plenty of gods and demons.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
They might be adding Unfair at some point, not sure. Additional Behaviors isn't implemented yet though.
Yeah,but the legend one is you still being a human, i take it will be also the hardest one.
Yes but you can't just ignore the Mythic path until you unlock Legend.
You have to soft-lock in your choice at the end of Chapter 2 (Angel, Demon, Lich, Trickster, Aeon, or Azata) and you have to take at least 1 level in one of these paths. Then later in the game you can branch into Dragon, Swarm, or Devil, or give up your powers that you've gotten so far which (allegedly) refunds your Mythic levels and unlocks Legend.
That part is past the Alpha but the data-miners dug it out of the files.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom