Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Owlcat's next Pathfinder RPG - now in ALPHA

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by purpleblob, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Grampy_Bone Arcane

Grampy_Bone
    Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
    ¡Dios mio! ¡Ay, caramba!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Jokes on you. I don't even understand that :D

• Racist Racist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    He says that all monks must die.

• Agree x 3
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. S.torch Learned

S.torch
    Very nice! They are going to translate the game to spanish. These russians know how to do it. :love:

For all the people that jumped on the train of whining when it was mentioned that the game could be translated. :dance:

^ Top  
  5. Mr. Magniloquent Savant

Mr. Magniloquent
    I'd like to see a stretch goal for "Baldur's Gate class" spells. Contingencies, sequencers, reflections, wishes, spell traps, project image, mislead, etc. That is what we need for the heir aparrent that owlcat is becoming. Make spell casting great again!

• Agree x 8
    • incline x 4
    • Brofist x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    We're getting there boys. We're going to get rock monks!
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Alpan Magister Patron

Alpan
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Agreed. Given that contingencies, sequencers and traps are essentially meta-spells (spells that cast other spells), I don't imagine this would be an expensive or conceptually difficult addition for Owlcat. It might require some extra UI work, though.

Out of curiosity (as I haven't played PF: KM yet), are there any mods that add these sorts of spells?

• decline decline x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. CaesarCzech Learned

CaesarCzech
    Because by my beard im used to it. Deal with it and dont bother me or its going in the book.

^ Top  
  9. LannTheStupid Товарищ Patron

LannTheStupid
    Well, Spanish is the 3d most popular language in the world, so no wonder they decided to get into the market of jungle monkeys and cocaine barons.

• Racist Racist x 7
    • Edgy Edgy x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Rage Rage x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Mr. Magniloquent Savant

Mr. Magniloquent
    PFKM has a very robust spell creation tool that Owlcat made. They had a huge feature on it and were very proud of it. Time to put it through its paces.

^ Top  
  11. Lawntoilet Arbiter Patron

Lawntoilet
    [​IMG]
    "MAKE us pay that much" jeez louise nobody's making you do anything, KS comments are so entitled and retarded

• Agree Agree x 4
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    When you were talking about this I mentioned the cost of translating Kingmaker's text would have worked out to over $150,000. Look how much that stretch goal costs. Personally I never thought it was impossible, I just didn't think it'd be worth it. But they're paying for it in advance here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    Well I was right there was more than one line past Oread.

Any idea what the next thing is?

^ Top  
  14. Pink Eye Monk Patron

Pink Eye
    +2 romance

• Despair Despair x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. deuxhero Arcane

deuxhero
    I noticed the Oread is holding the flag of Spain. Which dialect of Spanish is normally used for "Spanish" game translations? From what I've heard the various Spanishes are sufficiently different to be unreadable for those speaking another dialect.

There's clearly an i or j.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Nuke it from orbit Nuke it from orbit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. FranticDistortion Learned

FranticDistortion
    +2 romance options

• decline decline x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Xor Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Xor
    Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    The romances in kingmaker weren't super lengthy or involved. More options means more chances for something like tiefling waifus, and I doubt it'll be an expensive goal.

Incidentally I'm on my second Kingmaker playthrough and after paying closer attention to their dialog I'm trying to get Regongar to kill Octavia in the funhouse. I changed my mind, whoever said she was the worst companion was right.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Yes Yes x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    That doesn't matter much, the available market does. Hindustani and Arabic are the 4th and 5th most spoken languages, both as native-only and total, but there isn't a single game in my GOG library that is translated into these languages. German isn't even in the top 10 however we look at it, yet it's the second go-to language after English as far as translations go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • That's an Elephant That's an Elephant x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. S.torch Learned

S.torch
    Spanish from Spain.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Racist Racist x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. ga♥ Liturgist

ga♥
    Noctitula waifu romance plox.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. S0rcererV1ct0r Liturgist

S0rcererV1ct0r
    There are far more games in German than in Arabic despite existing much more Arabic speakers in the world. How many speakers and how many potential costumers there are are two different things. And piracy is very common in underdeveloped/developing countries.

Keep in mind that "spanish" has a lot of dialects. I personally can understand Argentine and Uruguayan Spanish but can't understand Mexican Spanish. And not all Spanish speaking countries are "mexico". The distance between Mexico city and Ushuaia is about 5 times greater than the distance between London and Istanbul.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. ga♥ Liturgist

ga♥
    You have to romance regongar to achieve that.

• decline decline x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just noticed that somebody took the last $4000 Design an NPC tier. Create an NPC Face is now the only remaining high tier (with 4 slots).

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Despair x 7
    • decline x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. S.torch Learned

S.torch
    It has almost no relevance really. If you know how to speak spanish you can understand it always. Just like you can understand british and american english.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    British and American English have very few differences that everyone who speaks English would understand. There are some very thick Irish dialects that I can't understand, but the Irish can't understand those either, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    But the differences between Mexican and Spain Spanish are huge, just like the differences between Plattdeutsch and German, it's almost a completely different language. Even in small countries like Bulgaria, there is a dialect that I can't understand a word of, so it's not like the differences between British and American English.

^ Top