Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
In Russia? Yes.

That’s why they’re so good at this.

kreight

Fucktards will find just about anything to bitch about. Bitching about Cyberpunk 2077 and at the same time bitching about wallpapers like uts 1999. Yoy are truly truly idiosyncratic fucks all of you.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Eh, the wallpapers are hit or miss. Happy to get my grubby mitts on some high-quality concept art and character portraits though.

Aeon and Lich are still lookin' great.
cec4e4050b6a63bb91db75d716ad993a.jpg
0c43e6cec37f463f2690f861a030db18.jpg

rojay

Scholar
So how is the RTwP combat, alpha bros? Did Owlcat improve upon it over Kingmaker in any way?

And what about the TB mode, is it already implemented?
And if so, did they improve it?

I have not noticed any significant difference in the rtwp combat between the two games.

TB is not implemented. At least it wasn't as of last week.

Turn-based mode makes the game significantly easier in Kingmaker, so upping the difficulty level is advisable once it's implemented in WotR. It's also the only way to make initiative meaningful, as well as things like charge and 5 foot step. I like it much better, and I found the on/off option extremely useful to get through some of the larger fights against low-level enemies. It's a compromise, but I found the encounters balanced well enough that turn-based was still fun in Kingmaker. I don't see why that would change in Wrath.

Desiderius

Patron
It's also the only way to make initiative meaningful, as well as things like charge and 5 foot step.

TB retards drawn to nonsensical categorical statements like moth to flame. Really a remarkable correlation.

dIFFICULTY CONFIG oNE.jpg

dIFFICULTY CONFIG 2.jpg

iNITIATIVE hURR dURR.jpg

You're right. Initiative doesn't matter. All you clowns need to do is ask. As for Charge:

Amiri 14 Pounce.jpg

Totally sucks in RTwP. That is Pounce tbf.

Sjukob

Arcane
I'm back and I've got something for you.

Somebody somehow ripped the entire plot from the game files. It's not only the plot and the dialogues, but also ability and upgrade desriptions and similar stuff. It's available in both russian and english, but it looks like the english version is incomplete.

Some guy from 4chan thread datamined the game and was answering whatever questions people had for him. He seems to be legit, you can read it here if you are interested starting from post #1108641.

Nice-game.png

fuck-you.png

Nice game Owlcat. I bet shit like Valerie not recognizing MC being a paladin of Shelyn (what's a paladin?) or protagonist asking the twins what's it like to be a goat, while having horns and tail himself would also happen in Wrath.
16984001.jpg

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
By the way, I was thinking about late game mythic paths: Devil, Dragon, Swarm, Legend. Why the hell must the player be forced to get them later in the game? So, for example, if you want to be a dragon you're screwed for like 2/3's of the game and then you get to enjoy your powers only during the last chapters. And if the things that dataminers said are true, these late game mythic paths require you to select specific pre-requisite paths and then you have to make some specific choices to get them. So not only you are locked from these paths for the majority of the game, but they are also behind some obscure shit that is likely to clash with your roleplay or whatever. I don't get it, what was the idea behind this? The only thing I can think of is that these mythic paths are way stronger than the ones you can get early, but what for? From what I've seen even the early paths are obscenely overpowered as is. I guess having even more power makes sense for the swarm, since it supposedly leaves you with no companions.

Jesus Christ, why is there so much focus on cuckshit?
4chan being 4chan.

Last edited:
By the way, I was thinking about late game mythic paths: Devil, Dragon, Swarm, Legend. Why the hell must the player be forced to get them later in the game? So, for example, if you want to be a dragon you're screwed for like 2/3's of the game and then you get to enjoy your powers only during the last chapters. And if the things that dataminers said are true, these late game mythic paths require you to select specific pre-requisite paths and then you have to make some specific choices to get them. So not only you are locked from these paths for the majority of the game, but they are also behind some obscure shit that is likely to clash with your roleplay or whatever. I don't get it, what was the idea behind this?
It reminds me of how we were only level 20 for the last hour in Kingmaker. I think that in the beginning the only planned late game path was Legend. Swarm and Gold Dragon were Kickstarter goals, right? You could rationalize Legend and Devil by being corruption or purification of earlier paths but they SEVERLEY overreached with Swarm and Gold Dragon.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Nah, not reading spoliers/leak as I want to enjo the game for what it is later.

Regarding the reactivity:

Each path has their own story-line of some sort with what Owlcat had in mind and Lich happens to be the "evil" route so to speak. Asking to have each path being reactive to everything the player does is tantamount of suicide and will 100% result in unfocused stuff with thin C&C as the resource is spread thin considering we have 6 paths.

Would the concept of 140% reactivity be great? Yeah. But 30 years of RPG should make you realize that over-promising and make things way out of scope is a bad idea. Maybe if Owlcat only has 1 or 2 Mythic Path, I would like for them to make it as reactive as possible (say Angel and Demon of every alignment spectrum or something like that). Having 6 I'd understand if the scope of each Mythic Path is more limited.

The only thing I'd want to see is that the reactivity is based on choice instead of mythic path i.e. if I am a Lich but I avoid every single Lich choice in the story what would happen?

By the way, I was thinking about late game mythic paths: Devil, Dragon, Swarm, Legend. Why the hell must the player be forced to get them later in the game? So, for example, if you want to be a dragon you're screwed for like 2/3's of the game and then you get to enjoy your powers only during the last chapters. And if the things that dataminers said are true, these late game mythic paths require you to select specific pre-requisite paths and then you have to make some specific choices to get them. So not only you are locked from these paths for the majority of the game, but they are also behind some obscure shit that is likely to clash with your roleplay or whatever. I don't get it, what was the idea behind this?

The easiest answer would probably be the fact that these paths are made much later being Stretch Goals and all.

The 2nd reason is a narrative one. And no from what I understand it won't clash with your roleplay. I mean if you are aiming to be a Devil you need to be some slimy lawyer shit when you are being an Aeon (being LE). You don't suddenly start from being Judge Dredd and then you know what I want to be a Devil so fuck roleplay consistency imma be evil now. If you aim to be one to begin with (or you are LE who happen to choose Aeon paths early), then the offer of becoming a Devil should be in character.

If you take the mechanical approach and try to game/min-max your narrative choice to become a certain Mythic Path then the inconsistencies are your fault, not the game.

Heck besides Angel and Demon you can be locked out Mythic Paths. Say you are a Lawful Anal guy who abhors any Chaotic actions, if you roleplay your character appropriately it will certainly lock you out of Trickster and Azata.

If you are roleplaying saintly goody 2 shoes from the beginning you might be locked out of Aeon.

If you want to unlock them all early and your character becomes inconsistent then it's not the game's fault, the game just provides the choice. It is on you to stay in character.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Someone else can source me on this, but I recall a dev making some nonspecific remark that datamined dialogue shouldn't be taken fully at value since they've still got revisions and additions to make, chill out.
Given that each path embodies a particular alignment and you have to do alignmentally-appropriate actions to qualify for said mythic I don't see what the issue is.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
InD_ImaginE I admire your level of patience which can be achieved only by those with the heritage of the greatest civilizations of Eastern Asia. I have written an offensive answer, then refreshed the page and deleted it. Thank you very much.

Desiderius

Patron
InD_ImaginE I admire your level of patience which can be achieved only by those with the heritage of the greatest civilizations of Eastern Asia. I have written an offensive answer, then refreshed the page and deleted it. Thank you very much.

Gotcha covered, Slav.

Sjukob

Arcane
The Cunny Commander InD_ImaginE
Makes sense, I can see how having many variables can be an issue.

Someone else can source me on this, but I recall a dev making some nonspecific remark that datamined dialogue shouldn't be taken fully at value since they've still got revisions and additions to make, chill out.
Honestly, I don't believe that they will change much. They've only got like half a year till the supposed release of the game, so they will have to be very considerate about the changes they make. Changing one thing might require them to change another, because they were dependent on each other, and then another, because it was dependent on those too, and the process can loop.

Given that each path embodies a particular alignment and you have to do alignmentally-appropriate actions to qualify for said mythic I don't see what the issue is.
Well, the allignment pool for each path is pretty big. And judging by the picture it doesn't seem like any path is indisputably good or evil.
alignmentmythic.png

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
The only thing I'd want to see is that the reactivity is based on choice instead of mythic path i.e. if I am a Lich but I avoid every single Lich choice in the story what would happen?
I think it should be impossible to become a Lich avoiding "every single Lich choice". Or it should be impossible to continue being a Lich, as his resource, at least according to Vordakai, are trapped souls of alive sentient beings.

rojay

Scholar
TB retards drawn to nonsensical categorical statements like moth to flame. Really a remarkable correlation.

You're right. Initiative doesn't matter. All you clowns need to do is ask. As for Charge:

You can shoehorn RTwP into a turn-based system with auto-pause and more power to you if that's how you want to play. It's not a bad workaround but it's still a workaround. I played through KM before the TB mod came out and enjoyed it just as I am enjoying Wrath now. I suspect I'll enjoy Wrath when TB is an option.

Now I'm going to take a 5-foot step right the fuck out of this discussion.

Desiderius

Patron

You can shoehorn RTwP into a turn-based system with auto-pause and more power to you if that's how you want to play. It's not a bad workaround but it's still a workaround. I played through KM before the TB mod came out and enjoyed it just as I am enjoying Wrath now. I suspect I'll enjoy Wrath when TB is an option.

Now I'm going to take a 5-foot step right the fuck out of this discussion.

Yeah, you’d better.

At the end of the day admitting you’re wrong works well for all involved. Or better yet not opening your yap when you have no idea what you’re talking about.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom