Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
ooh I get this magic resistance perk now, it is bugged twice. It also works on friendly targets, so if anyone (like companion) fails spell against your SR even with cheap cantrip you get instant quicken spell for any spell you cast.

Kind of defeats purpose of Quicken tho.

:deathclaw:

Shadenuat

Arcane
trickster perks aren't working in the beta apparently, why was I even debating playing this thing to chapter 3
Well bugs can be fixed but disappointing abilities might stay. Lich spells seem cool until you realise you can like, cast one for 30 damage once and meh.
Too much stuff does not compare whatsoever with stuff they throw at you so you just kill things with fighters.

The difficulty would be toned down p quickly. For now, it is what I'd call, ah, batshit insane :shittydog:

I especially find mobs after 3d mythic trait funny, devs be like "welp he got his new abilities, time to throw every mob you meet some 35+ AC!"

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
two skeletons falling in love with each other is typical Larianesque, you're making sven stronger
zJ0b6qE.jpg

This is like the fourth time this comic panel is relevant on this forum.

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's telling that people's only concern when turning into an undead wraith is whether someone will find them attractive.

Salvo

Arcane
I don't remember if Blur and Displacement stack, but if they do and then they also stack with Azata's Supersonic Speed, a level 8 Arcane Bloodrager can have permanent 90% miss chance. Even if the miss percentages are rolled separately, to hit an enemy has to go through a 1 in 5, 1 in 5, 1 in 2 miss chance and THEN hit your AC.

Pretty good.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
What's point of the Lich path if you aren't even going to abandon desires of flesh and pursue an existence purely cerebral?
That's a nonissue: the Lich path is mostly for wizards, and wizards are hopeless nerds with no chance of ever experiencing the pleasures of the flesh.

What are the ostensible sexhaver classes?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
What's point of the Lich path if you aren't even going to abandon desires of flesh and pursue an existence purely cerebral?
That's a nonissue: the Lich path is mostly for wizards, and wizards are hopeless nerds with no chance of ever experiencing the pleasures of the flesh.

For a more accurate assessment I think we should wait for the opinion of our resident sex expert Lacrymas

Lacrymas

Arcane
Barbarians, obviously, that peak physique and wild disposition will get anyone riled up. Druids, obvious proponents of natural acts, let's do it like they do it on the Discovery channel, open sexuality always leads to other people being more open to you. Paladins have the potential to attract a lot of people due to the innocent choir boy/girl energy. Bards for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Unless they're Enchanters, in which case they don't even need to ask permission.

Delterius

Arcane
The Definitive List of Mythic Path Archetypes for the Useful Choice of a Contemporary Gentleperson

Angel: the teacher's pet

will (threaten to) commit suicide if they fail to achieve at least 98% of the test score

Azata: the school himbo

is physically unable to fail at any and all pursuits, may not be self-aware

Aeon: the hall pass apologist

signed a petition to add cellphone jammers to school grounds

Trickster: the school clown

does not require drugs to get high, will still die of overdose

Lich: the school incel

swore revenge against womankind at middle school

Demon: the chuunibyou

expelled from school after strange ritual involving burning copies of their tests and pictures of their teachers right at the parking lot

Devil: the hall pass activist

successfully sued school district for lack of security, is the reason there's now cameras in the bathrooms

Swam: school shooter

cannot be reasoned with, cannot be argued against, most likely played somalia at the model UN

Legend: high school dropout

remembered by the school body, wether they actually succeed at life or just end up buying alcohol for the kids

Gold Dragon: white van pedophile

not actually a student, plays pokemon

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I don't have Stealth except for Lann who has no Trickery nor Invisibility spells because it was rarely useful (and sold all the potion and scrolls) like almost all the time before this. The only guy with both Stealth and Trickery as class skills in companions is Wolfjit I think? And he left the party. Going to disarm the trap without Stealth/Invisibility will trigger combat and cultist starting to sacrifice themselves.

Magic Missile might be a bad spell normally but when you can't even hit enemy touch AC then I will take whatever I have. I mean if it works it works. Alternatively, I can use DC AoE caster to damage her, but with 34 AGI any Reflex save one will always do half damage and I think the enemy also has a bullshit level of Will save too. Magic Missile with that dagger that +2 to force damage ended up being the highest spell damage I have. Well there is Mystic Rod or something that allows Oracle/Cleric to empower their spells but I have Daeran busy casting summon monster/animate dead because the enemy kills my character with the highest AC in 15 seconds without even critting her (Saelah has 41 AC (+ 2 from fighting Defensively), Displacement, Stone Skin, you can't smite her because the boss is CN of all alignment).

How the battle goes heavily depends on party members as well. The only character that I build as Ray Caster is Ember (well the game giving her Precise Shot will do that). If I bring Ember this battle would be much easier. Probably should've specced Nenio as one (and I do bring her) but as currently is her spell selection is more of party buffing and crowd control (which helps initially killing the cultist, I think I can kill 4 or 5). I bring Daeran and I do have hiim take AoE DC blast spells, but as I said, he is relegated to summon duty because nobody can withstand the boss longer than 15 seconds. Sosiel also have some offensive spells but he is busy with Dispel + Summon as well.

Honestly there are a lot of strategy that you can probably do, but this fight is locked behind 4 hours point of no return where you can't change your party. Unless you want to restart that 4 hours you need to work with what you have. I don't think the battle is nearly this hard on Core at Alpha. The cultist was probably easier to kill too.

Myabe I am just a scrub, but eh.

1) Rare DNE never. Tinman = be prepared. See above.

2) Can't even hit Touch AC is a Player side problem. Should have some Shatter Defenses by then though not on Nenio granted.
3) Forgot about that Dagger. You're right, that does change the math since Force damage is generally so good.
That said if you can land MM you can land something that will slow him down too. Fifteen seconds should be enough to do that.

4) Regill can Smite it.

5) Rays are overrated without Sneaks I think. Spells like Boneshatter don't need atk roll at all. Ember has Hexes that bypass SR, atk roll, and saves. I am grudgingly giving Nenio Precise mostly for her Blinding Ray but she also comes with Evo Focus.

6) Daeran has Arrow of Law if you can land it. Law Version of Holy Smite should do something too, might be worth it to take since you're fighting more Chaos than Evil. He already wants Spell Focus Evo for Archon's Aura.

This kind of strategy shouldn't involve party composition as much as having a variety of approaches available for whatever party you put together. I'll figure out more when I get there.

We're all scrubs at this point. It's great!

Desiderius

Patron
tbh no reason to feel bad about dis, compared to Drezen world war 5 most stuff in Kingmaker is candyland. I think it may be one of most impressive isometric combat rushes I seen in a while.

Imagine like Yaga Shura fight but if Throne of Bhaal didn't suck. And there's an extra dungeon on top of it with sadistic russian DM*tm design.

I wonder if this is where game begins to go down and developers run out of unique enemies though, because Vroks are already repeated a lot for example.
It is a big question if this is Staglord++++ of this game and then it goes down or not.

If it does :M if it does not, then larian kiddy game and Kingmaker are dead, hail lichdom :shittydog:

Drezen and Drezen keep are that good guys, not joking.

There's more. I'll liked Ch 3 better than 2.

Delterius

Arcane

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Barbarians, obviously, that peak physique and wild disposition will get anyone riled up. Druids, obvious proponents of natural acts, let's do it like they do it on the Discovery channel, open sexuality always leads to other people being more open to you. Paladins have the potential to attract a lot of people due to the innocent choir boy/girl energy. Bards for obvious reasons.
Let's not forget that Paladins are immune to all diseases. They can explore their sexuality with virtually no limit.

Desiderius

Patron
Time to exterminate some bugs.

Confusion Tutorial.jpg

Tutorial keeps on keepin on. There's even one for Insanity too, although it gets a little ahead of itself since it popped when nothing was actually Insane.

Betrayal Loot.jpg

Piddly wages of Sin. As usual. Save your bros instead.

Paladin Power.jpg

So single-class Paladin is good in this setting. This is level seven. She doesn't even have Outflank yet.

Lann Rerolls.jpg

Infinite Roll Lann is pretty solid. Will have to check why he's only doing 16 damage though. No matter. Seelah was on a mission to show this bug there's only one Queen in this game, and her name is Sosiel.

Pure Skill Part 2.jpg

Nenio with the rub ins. That xBow has autoconfirm so not that egregious. Once Spell Pen equipment starts showing up though it will hit the bench. She is picking up Precise at lvl 9.

Lann the Mann.jpg

Lann finally finds his Shortbow. Check the die. Next lvl d10 and it only gets better from there.

Debuffing Big Demons.jpg

This is how you cut these big demons down to size.

Crusader's Edge.jpg

All those stupid narrow spells from P:K are no longer narrow. Now stupid good.

Blinding Demon.jpg

Why Blindness is the best all around condition.

20210209225525_1.jpg

New Pet equipment coming through. This is the big semi-hidden boss in cave below Queen. Don't miss Undead section. Important plot point there.

Daeren Loot.jpg

Clearing Swarm opens up way to Daeren's house for some naice loot.

Attachments

• Lann the Mann.jpg
    Lann the Mann.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 96

Desiderius

Patron
So which is the best Level 1 offensive spell? I'm asking about all caster spellbooks.

Good question. Ear Piercing seems ok (all those effects that didn’t work on Undead in P:K work great on Demons), but main point is shld be casting highest level spells on hardest fights.

How much AC do your Cam has?

39-40 without defensive fighting.

Edit: Dunno why but Seelah really likes to get hit. Regill gets hit much less even without a shield and feats. RNG I guess.

That's not enough to tank hard bosses not close. This isn't a tanking game.

Value of Iceplant + Ring is that it’s not a buff. Nice for ambushes.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
First chapter kinda sucked,
I don't care what plot mysteries they have and why I get super powers, but ending was just boring anime.
Second chapter you feel that you earned every bloody step you take towards choking all these "hear my traitor story!" with your cold lich hands.

Delterius

Arcane
TBQH I disliked the plotline of the tutorial.
Things happen too quickly and in such a non chalant way. Oh you were found hurt outside the city walls, now go chill in the festival for two and a half minutes while we foreshadow that bad things are coming®. It was too compressed and why the fuck am I storming the maze if there's an army of mongrels assembling behind oh ok because they'll take too long, thanks Lann.

Desiderius

Patron
First chapter kinda sucked, I don't care what plot mysteries they have and why I get super powers, but ending was just boring anime.
Second chapter you feel that you earned every bloody step you take towards choking all these "hear my traitor story!" with your cold lich hands.

Just admit that you’ve never forgiven Owlcat for not letting you suck Tristian’s dick. Hell hath no fury...

Delterius

Arcane
First chapter kinda sucked, I don't care what plot mysteries they have and why I get super powers, but ending was just boring anime.

Just admit that you’ve never forgiven Owlcat for not letting you suck Tristian’s dick. Hell hath no fury...
tristian doesn't have a dick tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom