Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
could learn from deadfire(first time that string of words has been typed in human history) by being able to select their class from a few thematically-fitting ones when they join your party
Yeah it's one of the sawyercompromises that doesn't hurt. However, I am for hell sure I've seen it somewhere before Deadfire. In fact I am eerily sure Neverwinter Nights allowed you this somewhere, or maybe in some popular mods.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 did this. They let you choose through dialogue when you met them. In particular I remember meeting the Red Prince (lizard) after the prologue and having him shift to being a pyromancer rather than warrior.

As if it matters by level 13ish.

You're playing as Infinitron? But... there's no halfling romance option.

Yet. I'm discovering she has all sorts of strange powers:

Infinicheat.jpg

Last edited:

Testownia

could learn from deadfire(first time that string of words has been typed in human history) by being able to select their class from a few thematically-fitting ones when they join your party
Yeah it's one of the sawyercompromises that doesn't hurt. However, I am for hell sure I've seen it somewhere before Deadfire. In fact I am eerily sure Neverwinter Nights allowed you this somewhere, or maybe in some popular mods.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 did this. They let you choose through dialogue when you met them. In particular I remember meeting the Red Prince (lizard) after the prologue and having him shift to being a pyromancer rather than warrior.

As if it matters by level 13ish.

Yet. I'm discovering she has all sorts of strange powers:

View attachment 17775

For God's sake, put your screenshots in spoilers.

Testownia

Xamenos
As Azata, one of your recruits is a group of children. Either you take them into battle, where they are killed, or leave them with a group of Desnan priests, where they are also killed.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Xamenos
As Azata, one of your recruits is a group of children. Either you take them into battle, where they are killed, or leave them with a group of Desnan priests, where they are also killed.
This does not remotely count as a citation. You need to either post screenshots, or admit you've been had by bullshitters.

Testownia

Xamenos
This does not remotely count as a citation. You need to either post screenshots, or admit you've been had by bullshitters.

Play the game and recruit all the possible races/volunteers before the Midnight Fane.
I'm not going through that again just to take a few screenshots.

EDIT: Either way, from what I've seen so far this seems to be an Azata's folly - collateral damage.

Desiderius

Patron

Xamenos

Sounds like somebody else can’t believe there’s finally a game where skills matter so’s just playing the shitty games they’re used to instead.

Then again that’s the kind of shit Sawyer pulled with his Deadfire faction quests so yeah women writers love copying the work of others and being trendy so could well be.

Testownia

Xamenos

Sounds like somebody else can’t believe there’s finally a game where skills matter so’s just playing the shitty games they’re used to instead.

Then again that’s the kind of shit Sawyer pulled with his Deadfire faction quests so yeah women writers love copying the work of others and being trendy so could well be.

What are you even talking about? Are you high?

Testownia

>What are you even talking about? Are you high?
Desiderius is sharing his thoughts. From mind to digital paper. RAW and UNFILTERED. Show some damned respect. You might learn a thing about playing video games.

Sorry, I play games. I don't min-max, like every title is World of Warcraft.

Desiderius

Patron
That’s not just a Neutron Star, that’s a Black Hole of wrong.

My whole mission is to shock people out of their WoW-induced minmaxxing stupor.

Salvo

Arcane
So far most paths presented have clearly defined follies/weaknesses - except Trickster. Which means he will get shat on HARD somewhere down the line.

Collateral damage is unavoidable in any armed conflict. However, I would like to play a character that maximizes it instead of minimizing.

Trickster actively encourages chaos in his army, so
when he's gone into the Abyss, everything probably falls apart catastrophically without your dumb luck keeping it afloat.

Testownia

So far most paths presented have clearly defined follies/weaknesses - except Trickster. Which means he will get shat on HARD somewhere down the line.

Collateral damage is unavoidable in any armed conflict. However, I would like to play a character that maximizes it instead of minimizing.

Trickster actively encourages chaos in his army, so
when he's gone into the Abyss, everything probably falls apart catastrophically without your dumb luck keeping it afloat.

Aeon is still the absolutely best path in terms of outcomes achieved. Which is probably why his abilities/spells etc. are so... boring? Lacklustre? And since the guy who "leaked" most of the endings admitted to making them up, the only really datamined epilogue is
Aeon becoming king of Sarkoris.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom