Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3231492

A New Dev Diary - Drezen. Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Goes to Consoles!
Also, a new dev diary is being released today! In this video, we will talk about Drezen - a huge fortress that will play a very special role in the upcoming adventure. It took a great amount of time and effort to build, and it influenced a lot on the whole game development process. The great fortress of Drezen - right now, on our YouTube channel:

Already among the best ever. Worth the price of the game by itself.

Denim Destroyer

Learned
Would be interesting to see what Owlcat decides to do with the fortress style mechanics in whatever game they make after Wrath. Here's hoping they take the Baldur's Gate 2 route and have strongholds dedicated to certain classes. Would have to make it more generalized in order due to how many classes are in Pathfinder.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum
Could anyone who plays the beta reveal to me
how different Drezen becomes when you play as an Aeon and go back in time to prevent its fall?

Parabalus

Arcane
how different Drezen becomes when you play as an Aeon and go back in time to prevent its fall?

Didn't notice any difference, in the last beta, except

you can talk to Stauton.

Similar experience with the next
time bending.

Self-Ejected

Rusty Eyes

aka Auraculum

you can talk to Stauton.

time bending.

That's a bummer. One would think that never being occupied by demonic forces and losing tens of thousands of people would have a more tangible effect on the map.

Desiderius

Patron

you can talk to Stauton.

time bending.

That's a bummer. One would think that never being occupied by demonic forces and losing tens of thousands of people would have a more tangible effect on the map.

Has more to do with where you are in the progression of your Mythic class than any design flaw. Decent amount of content there already.

Desiderius

Patron
Some companion notes:

Gigagnome.jpg

Game has a great sense of humor and very sympathetic to the biases of the Kotex. All you LE phaggots are going to love this little punk.

I'd been through this with the other companions and they all have a little cutscene with their fears or whatever and this is first time with Reg. No cutscene, just a stiff nod. No storyfagging here thx.

Nenio fing loves science.jpg

Ruthless on the "fucking love science!" chick as well.

Bait.jpg

Wordly-wise Daeran plays really well (spontaneous Restoration, healing, and cure spells from his Mystery are a great convenience and he gets a million casts) with Holy damage being so good but he can also help you avoid some pitfalls if you pay attention to his dialogue. He also has some good zingers too. As with the infinite campfire banter in P:K they've invested a lot of resources in this kind of writing which is money better spent than voice-acting or whatever.

Desiderius

Patron
Grown Man Unfair:

UnfairGuardian.jpg

UnfairSinew.jpg

lvl30shadowdemon.jpg

FirstMythicFoe.jpg

This is all Chapter 3. Last two first Mythic foes you face.

I'm playing Core which is too easy but enough stuff still missing that don't really feel like trying to get there on Unfair yet.

Desiderius

Patron
Daeran pwns swarms with Holy damage:

Ratvulnerabletoholy.jpg

Order's Wrath pretty much best spell in the game. Anything that can one shot five swarms is exactly what I'm looking for (there's a Rod you can find that lets you max it).

Ownedbymythic.jpg

So this went poorly. Coloxi are bad news. Mind Fog setting up Compulsion stuff.

Aeonalignmentchange.jpg

Alignment started at LG and Aeon always choosing Lawlful never choosing Chaos or Evil still shifted me to LN.

ArrowofLawl.jpg

Arrow of Law has been a good staple for Daeran (touch damage plus Daze on Outsiders) but taking the ranged Feats for him is I think a mistake. Delays Mythic Spell Pen and Mythic Spell Focus Evocation. On the other had he pretty much has to take Sorcerous Reflex (first spell of combat is swift action) due to his curse drawback (staggered for first round of combat).

ShadowConjuration.jpg

Nenio's lvl 7 Illusion options are pretty slim pickings. This is Shadow Conjuration. I guess I'll figure this out eventually?

UrbanHunterLann13Trip.jpg

You can't cast Mounted and Horse Archery is also pretty iffy (also Lann can't use Ki abilities Mounted). On the other hand Lann starts with Combat Reflexes and the Snap Shot Feats are in game so he wants to be in melee range. Solution: Urban Hunter, which gives both pet and owner free CM Feats every three levels and Perception bonus/2 per level. Use CM to close to melee range then own with Bow AoOs. Can see here how good Order's Wrath is on Core.

Putrfecation13.jpg

Nenio has a very nice spell progression once you hit lvl11. Putrefaction causes immediate WIS drain then makes enemies in AoE save vs Will each turn or fall asleep. Phantasmal Web makes enemies in AoE save vs being immobilized (as with Web spell, except enemies only) then they have to save each round vs Fortitude or be Nauseated, then you follow up with Rainbow Pattern for enemies only Aoe Fascinate.

Nenio13Web.jpg
With all these tight quarters enemies only (and virtual enemies only like Order's Wrath) spells go way up in value.

Desiderius

Patron
Aeon's best ability a nonbo with Nenio?

AeonGreaterDispellingStrike.jpg

Aeon gets this Bane Weapon (starting at 8 rnds per rest, which is more than it sounds) with a built in Dispel, Greater but it lloks like it's dispelling not only debuffs but conditions? Really only Nenio is casting straight up debuffs (Daeran has damaging spells with conditions) so if this is working as designed would probably need to design a party without her or with her in combat.

13regillslayingangler.jpg

Pretty sure they designed Regill's weapon (you have to buy it for 30k) to make up for the lackluster Hellknight levels (the Godclaw aura thing makes it average instead of bad but they really need to upgrade the summon). It procs extra damage on your first hit and that extra damage also gets the Holy bonus from the weapon. Then Mythic Ability Leading Strike keeps giving you extra damage packets from there.

WeaponBond+BashingFinish.jpg

Likewise if you skip the Mount on Seelah Divine Weapon Bond and Shield Bashing really upgrade Seelah's damage output. This is better than it looks since Shadow Demons have the Ghost ability to take half damage from any damage that isn't Holy or Force or Ghost Touch. Here Divine Weapon Bond gives the Kukri the Keen and Holy abilities and the crit on 15 triggers a Bashing Finish that she picks up on time at level 11 with Shield Mastery at 9.

drugs.jpg

Not sure where I got this drug but... yeah, drugs.

Nenio13xbow.jpg

There are some sick xbows so yeah you can just let Nenio slay with a bow if you want. There's an amazing Staff though for casters so...

TurnDelayAbiltiy.jpg

Huge variation on abilities from the various foes starting to really show up. Once this fires really need to kill this guy.

Lann13Perception.jpg

Lann getting there on Perception. Really want to make sure you've got somebody getting the Perception up there so you don't miss anything.

LeadingStrikeCrit.jpg
So Leading Strike damage multiplies on crits. Predicting this doesn't make it to release version.

Desiderius

Patron
Oh forgot MC Aeon Reformed Fiend (Tiefling custom Bloodrager Archetype) coming into her own with the big cleavage:

MC13cleavage.jpg

70 points non-crit at lvl 13 (and didn't even have Legendary Proportions up since Dragon Bones are rare (I think)) Not sure where half of that is coming from but she's been holding her own in general

PhatBloodrgerHP13.jpg

Hard to Kill Bloodrager.jpg
With all those extra HP and DR3/Evil ticking up every three levels she plays like a Barb is supposed to. Huge sponge.

Slaver1

Savant
I hate using keyboard as an input device for gaming. When I use the controller in Beta 2 a prompt comes up saying the UI will change, I press button & a blank blue background appears and nothing else. I then have have to manually close the game.

It's great fun otherwise but not very intuitive using just the mouse. I loved playing TB P:K with a controller. Do you guys have an xinput.dll in your game folder?

Slaver1

Savant
If only I could just scroll with the middle mouse button instead of the new fangled camera rotation system... :decline:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
get a grip man.
He already has 2 grips and 2 sticks.

P.S.: I prefer the controller for dynamic PC games like Monster Hunter World and such. Also, I threw all the mice out and bought a stationary trackball.

Works like a charm.

P.P.S.: The best "leveling path" is a text file opened in an editor or printed on paper. It is flexible, always on hand and does not require any software support (besides a text editor).

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
So I need expert opinion from the people knowledgeable in Pathfinder setting.

I have just realized that the name Seelah is written in such a way as to correctly emulate the pronunciation of the Russian word "сила" which means "force". It's the same way English speakers are trying to emulate Russian sounds, like "zah-muhk" for "замок" as "castle".

Could it be that this has been Paizo intention from the start? For Seelah to mean "Force", but indirectly?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
So I need expert opinion from the people knowledgeable in Pathfinder setting.

I have just realized that the name Seelah is written in such a way as to correctly emulate the pronunciation of the Russian word "сила" which means "force". It's the same way English speakers are trying to emulate Russian sounds, like "zah-muhk" for "замок" as "castle".

Could it be that this has been Paizo intention from the start? For Seelah to mean "Force", but indirectly?
It's possible there's a Russian speaker in there who thought this would be amusing, but I really, really doubt it was a Paizo decision as a whole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom