Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AliceAlcina

Learned
For those wondering Sila is Croatian word for force and pronounced exactly the same as Seelah. Similarity is uncanny, especially since Southeast Slavic language share words with Russian more than with Polish.

Efe

Erudite
its pronounced very similar to silah, which means weapon in Turkish.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
For those wondering Sila is Croatian word for force and pronounced exactly the same as Seelah. Similarity is uncanny, especially since Southeast Slavic language share words with Russian more than with Polish.

Czech has it as Síla so this isnt even Southeast Slavic thing it seems like thing in entire slavic world.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
why even post this garbage infinishill?
Posting on the Codex really gives you a much better insight as to the how and why the Holocaust happened.
By which you mean "should have happened", of course.

By which you mean "Should have been patched to be More Effective in Version 2.0 by not accidentally switching Heydrich and Heinrich". Seriously the Bugs hurt performance so much.

Salvo

Arcane
So I need expert opinion from the people knowledgeable in Pathfinder setting.

I have just realized that the name Seelah is written in such a way as to correctly emulate the pronunciation of the Russian word "сила" which means "force". It's the same way English speakers are trying to emulate Russian sounds, like "zah-muhk" for "замок" as "castle".

Could it be that this has been Paizo intention from the start? For Seelah to mean "Force", but indirectly?
Honestly just a coincidence.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Having fun in the Abyss areas so far. I'd avoided it because people said it was buggy but haven't hit any.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, enjoying it a great deal. A small bestiary:

Ecorche.jpg

Omox.jpg

crystal.jpg

Smoking Wound.jpg

Warmonger.jpg

Darkness.jpg
These are Unfair stats. Was playing Casual Difficulty to explore and this guy about wiped my team on Casual. Entirely optional encounter. Will be interesting someday to see if I can get there on Unfair.

In general game keeps throwing new monster types with new abilities at you to keep things fresh. Much better in that regard than P:K I think.

Desiderius

Patron
A few more shots pre-Abyss

Erastil pwned.jpg

Smart ass Daeran owning Priest of Erastil. Hope they fix that voice because playing with no sound he's great.

Aeon changing Drezen.jpg

Here's where it explains why Drezen doesn't change that much even after you prevent Staunton from betraying it.

Siabre Trip Alpha.jpg

I think this is on Core. Lann is an Urban Hunter so hasn't gotten to Greater Trip yet since he started with 3 levels of Zen Archer to get Point Blank Shot. A regular Unban Hunter would be up in the forties with True Strike to hit the 60s. As it is 39 is very solid.

Aeon MC's Bane Weapon/Dispelling Strike ability helped him get there. Divine Favor from Aeon is a nice pick up for Bloodrager as is Hatred vs Evil for this setting from Reformed Fiend Tiefling custom archetype. Also get True Strike and Stunning Barrier from Aeon.

Lann Vitals.jpg

Getting Vitals on Lann via Hunter is a nice one but a little clunky since you can't cast while mounted. Delamere's Bow gives you the Holy which you're looking for on every weapon.

Aeon Bane vs Siabre.jpg

Third whack finishes off the boss and she starts whacking the onlooking Smilos for good measure. Improved Cleaving Finish is really good even if you never use Cleave, especially with Cornugan Smash.

Maralith Disarmed.jpg

The way Urban Hunter plays out you focus on two different CMs. With the Dog Mount Trip is a no-brainer but I thought I'd also try out Disarm for fun like this. Maralith's usually have six Scimitars but Disarm takes away all 6 so the Maralith just sits three generating infinite AoOs.

Note on Casual that the NPCs fighting on your side get debuffed too. I hadn't noticed but I'd assume they get buffed on Unfair.

Daeran Broken.jpg

Daeran's Curse gives him several benefits with the downside that he's Staggered the first round of combat. Unless you cast Freedom of Movement on him evidently.... Could also be good with Arbitrament, which is slightly different than the other spells of that type in that it's likely to hit allies.

Axiomatic HK10.jpg

Tenth-level Hellknight gets to make his weapon Axiomatic which is pretty damn good when everything is Chaotic Evil.

Selective and Persistent.jpg

Selective and Persistent Metamagic can be selected (which is massive incline) but don't actually work yet, which isn't.

Enforcing Gaze Attack Aeon5.jpg
Shit starting to get real with the Aeon abilities.

Desiderius

Patron
And the sweet items continue to flow:

Mantle.jpg

Radiance.jpg

Cool gear.jpg

Seelah Cooking Bonus.jpg

The cooking bonuses are worth figuring out and using.

Delamere Bow proc.jpg

Delamere's Bow so schmoove. Entangled such a nice ability to help iteratives get there while debuffing a threat and Holy is what you're looking for on all your weapons.

Perception find.jpg
Perception finds a decent amount of stuff but it's mostly cash or generic gear with solid bonuses to keep you from falling behind with a few exceptions.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
You think if OwlCat makes a pathfinder 3, they'll be able to not include mythics? Seems like something you can't go back from unless you replace it with something even bigger? Can't imagine playing WotR with all these options and interesting abilities then playing a new one with half the options. Also that non-stacking bonus tool tip is sweet

Desiderius

Patron
You think if OwlCat makes a pathfinder 3, they'll be able to not include mythics? Seems like something you can't go back from unless you replace it with something even bigger? Can't imagine playing WotR with all these options and interesting abilities then playing a new one with half the options. Also that non-stacking bonus tool tip is sweet

I really think people will get burned out on it and will be ready for something simpler with tight AI and pathing.

purpleblob

Savant

I already can't go back to Kingmaker because of mythic - too spoilt now.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh hey, they're doing a Beta Stage 3: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3239223

Return of the Beta

Greetings, crusaders!

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous development is in its final stages. And soon the third and the last beta test will begin! We are expecting the final beta to start in the middle of July, but we wanted to warn you that it will most definitely affect your saves! Saved games from the previous beta won’t be compatible with the new update!

802f29b814f43c668ad7c4e2389fcf3a_original.png

Why does it happen? As we update our game, adding new content and removing placeholders, or fixing bugs, some links to old blueprints (an aggregate of certain data in Unity) in your saved games become invalid. And your old saves either won’t load or will work incorrectly if you manage to load them. That’s why we decided to warn you in advance, so you’d have time to finish the beta before it updates.

We greatly appreciate your help in making our game better! Thank you for your support and feedback, and stay tuned for more news about the final stage of beta!

Once again, we would like to remind you to check your account on Wrath’s backers’ portal. If you can’t log into your account, or managed to log in, but don’t see your Kickstarter pledge in your orders, please send us an email to team@owlcatgames.com, and we will help you! Backers’ portal will be used to distribute the keys for the game when it’s released, so please don’t neglect this step or you won’t be able to claim your copy of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

To arms!

Salvo

Arcane
Do we know what's going to be added? Because we're only a couple months away from release, might aswell wait at this point.

ChildInTime

Learned
Do we know what's going to be added? Because we're only a couple months away from release, might aswell wait at this point.
I hope we get act 5 at last. In the lead up to beta 2, someone on 4chan leaked a lot of info and screens about it and said that their internal testing version had act five, maybe we'll finally see it.

Salvo

Arcane
Are the enemy npc stat bloated like the first one?
Yes, although you won't find unassuming enemies wrecking your shit (unless they're mythic) like the 40+ Str owlbears in Kingmaker.

Also, keep in mind that EVERYTHING is higher powered, yourself included.

user

Savant
Do we know if there is any perma/auto spell quicken effect anywhere in items or mythics?
rating_sawyer.gif

Edit: As for mythics, I don't think they would just throw out all this work they did on wrath. They will probably want to reuse it.

Last edited:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
The Winter one had a suggestion to continue in a post-campaign with mythic rules. There are a few other 1E Adventure Paths that could work well with mythic rules if they continue along that path, IMO.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Edit: As for mythics, I don't think they would just throw out all this work they did on wrath. They will probably want to reuse it.
There are different kinds of reuse. They reused some assets of the interface for Kingdom management, but created the whole new subsystem. I don't know a lot about 1e Adventure Paths, but I doubt there is something as epic as closing the Worldwound. So mythics by themselves probably will not be used, but the assets and the code surely will.

Desiderius

Patron
Do we know if there is any perma/auto spell quicken effect anywhere in items or mythics?

Yes, I've belatedly realized that my Bloodrager MC has two, one from class one from Mythic ability. Only one Swift action per round though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom