Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Readher

Savant
TGcwWWy.png

Bara

Arcane
If it ends up like the tiefling in Kingmaker we'll get a dlc with at least the ratmen & probably a ratman companion.

The fox fools voted themselves out of a companion character.

Dodo1610

Arcane
If it ends up like the tiefling in Kingmaker we'll get a dlc with at least the ratmen & probably a ratman companion.

The fox fools voted themselves out of a companion character.

Eh, Tieflings weren't even an option for the Kingmaker race poll.
MgYPmY4.png

And the only elemental race they added were the Oreads with the ifrit, Sylph and Undine still missing, so my bet is that of one those will be added as DLC.

Bara

Arcane
Eh, Tieflings weren't even an option for the Kingmaker race poll.

Werid I thought they were. It even mentions it on the wildcards dlc page.

A new playable race. During the poll to decide which bonus race we were going to add to the game, one particular option was requested a lot (besides the winner - Aasimars): Tieflings, the people with a drop of demonic blood in their veins. They didn't make it into the base game, but became the natural choice for the first piece of post-release content.

Maybe requested but not selected for the poll was what they ment.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Ohhh just let me play as glorious human and purge all the infidels!

Also how is the lore on the gods in this one? I mean,do you get to choose own personal god or is the whole crusade fallowing a single deity?

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
True, but Iomedae is going to be the god of most of your Crusaders in the game. At least initially.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Ahhhh you can't have crusade without a divinity lol.

True, but Iomedae is going to be the god of most of your Crusaders in the game. At least initially.
Which other deities are involved in the campaign?
Desna's the other primary deity, a distant second behind Iomedae. Then, there's also references to Sarenrae, Shelyn, Erastil, and Pulura. My point was really more that it seems like the PC's influence can sway the devotion of the army away from Iomedae through various means.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Desna's the other primary deity, a distant second behind Iomedae. Then, there's also references to Sarenrae, Shelyn, Erastil, and Pulura. My point was really more that it seems like the PC's influence can sway the devotion of the army away from Iomedae through various means.
Geee do those cucks even have a male deity of war?? I checked those names and most of them are dumb chicks lol. Iomedae sounds cool but clearly she sucks at her job since they couldn't beat the shit out of the demons for centuries and needs my fat cock to fix everything.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If you translate crusader as кръстоносец yeah, but the word doesn't have such a specific religious connotation in English anymore. At least it can be used in a more general sense of righteous war fervor. If we have to go by strict etymological definitions, you can't have a crusade under anything other than Christianity, but we are definitely not using it like that in this specific case.

Last edited:

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Geee do those cucks even have a male deity of war?? I checked those names and most of them are dumb chicks lol. Iomedae sounds cool but clearly she sucks at her job since they couldn't beat the shit out of the demons for centuries and needs my fat cock to fix everything.
Gorum is the god you want. Paizo didn't change his gender when they copied FR's pantheon. I'm not sure how involved he is in the Crusade though, that is one of the adventure paths I haven't read in its entirety.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Female deities of war are cooler than male ones, it's a renown fact.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Gorum is the god you want. Paizo didn't change his gender when they copied FR's pantheon. I'm not sure how involved he is in the Crusade though, that is one of the adventure paths I haven't read in its entirety.
Yeah i liked him,Erastil and Torag. Those three seem like decent gods. Also lol pathfinder does have really boring gods,at least they don't die and get reborn 20 times like D&D gods. Tho it seems that ascension is more like going to buy toilet paper,everyone does it buahahah.

If you translate crusader as кръстоносец yeah, but the word doesn't have such a specific religious connotation in English anymore. At least it can be used in a more general sense of righteous war fervor. If we have to go by strict etymological definitions, you can't have a crusade under anything other than Christianity, but we are definitely not using it like that in this specific case.

Ahhh crusade literally means to wage war under the cross,and its origin is the latin cruciata,marked by the cross. There is no other interpretation than a divine war in the name Christ lol,you don't go to buy vegetables and call it a crusade. If you look at the modern meaning,sure the west has become more atheistic and the word has lost its meaning. If we look at it strictly,yes it is a word that could be only used about Christian wars. If we look at it more loosely,it will be holy war under the banner of a divinity with similar values as Christianity,which are honour,valour,purity,fire,goodness,self sacrifice and fate. When there is a "crusade" by gods of opposing values in fantasy,then they are just some retarded shit by edgy brain-dead atheists/stanists.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Said the man that wants to fuck child lizards....

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Said the man that wants to fuck child lizards....
Wait... does that mean that you want to fuck sneaky men?

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Yeah i liked him,Erastil and Torag. Those three seem like decent gods. Also lol pathfinder does have really boring gods,at least they don't die and get reborn 20 times like D&D gods. Tho it seems that ascension is more like going to buy toilet paper,everyone does it buahahah.
I'm a fun of Erastil, Abadar and Nethys myself. At least they aren't direct copies of Forgotten Realms gods like Gorum/Tempus, Torag/Moradin, or even worse copies with a flipped gender like Sarenrae/Lathander and Pharasma/Kelemvor. Before Wizards went full retard with 4e only Bane had been resurrected in DnD, and I personally don't consider anything newer part of the official lore. But yeah, the ascension dungeon is one of the stupider parts of Pathfinder "lore", which is already fairly stupid.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That one is really weird,i am yet to see merchants,gibz and law going hand in hand lol.

direct copies
Ahh you can't really have original gods since they all represent an aspect of out own values,views and believes. Tho they could have tried adding a bit more spice/lore to them,not being just the war god and the stoic god.

ascension dungeon
I take it that it will be in the game since one of the paths is about you becoming a god or something similar.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
That one is really weird,i am yet to see merchants,gibz and law going hand in hand lol.
Really? You've never seen "merchants" using their influence to rewrite the laws in their favor? Legal doesn't mean moral, after all.

Ahh you can't really have original gods since they all represent an aspect of out own values,views and believes. Tho they could have tried adding a bit more spice/lore to them,not being just the war god and the stoic god.
You can have gods cover the same ground without having the exact same aspects and personality. It is especially egregious with Pharasma. Kelemvor is an abnormal god of the dead with his hatred for all undead and his insistence to use atheists as building material. And Pharasma copied both his abnormalities, though she's keeping atheist souls as pearls in her vault instead.

I take it that it will be in the game since one of the paths is about you becoming a god or something similar.
No, it's the wrong part of the world for that. The ascension dungeon is way to the south, and kept deliberately vague. And you don't become a god in Wrath, just a uniquely powerful non-deity through non-repeatable means.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

Thanks! Way to spoil WoTR for everyone who hasn't played the Adventure Path. At least they won't be able to guess just how many trannies there are, I guess.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
I think the modern deity of war should be female, because in the war of attrition the rate of replenishing your troops means more than their individual prowess. USSR / Russia showed it countless times.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ohhh just let me play as glorious human and purge all the infidels!

Also how is the lore on the gods in this one? I mean,do you get to choose own personal god or is the whole crusade fallowing a single deity?

Afaik, this crusade has nothing to do with any gods.

It seems the Crusade will take a little detour first, to cleanse the kitsune.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom