Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Solid Snail

Learned
Solid Snail well, just play til the end and see the bad ending. Bad ending is an ending too.
Just saw it. Don't play this game by going with the bad ending. It's such a miserable ending, I loved the game and the bad ending is really a kick in the balls. Really, it makes feel you miserable.

Solid Snail

Learned
Solid Snail well, just play til the end and see the bad ending. Bad ending is an ending too.
Just saw it. Don't play this game by going with the bad ending. It's such a miserable ending, I loved the game and the bad ending is really a kick in the balls. Really, it makes feel you miserable.
sent you my 11th day saves.
Thanks but as I told you I'll stick with what I got. The ending felt like shit but in the end it was my fault because I decided to go with the easy route. Still, even if I restored my health I'm proud to being able to finish the whole thing. Pathologic 2 is confirmed to be my GOTY so far.

HansDampf

Arcane
I found this a bit intimidating to get into, but Day 1 serves as a nice tutorial to ease you into a lot of the game's systems. Can you even die on Day 1? I got beaten up once and woke up in Bad Grief's warehouse. And what would happen if you didn't do anything except loot, eat, drink and sleep?

This game reminds me a bit of Majora's Mask's Clocktown, except bigger, more mature and fleshed out. I like how everything is framed as a stage play. I've never seen this or a similar style in other games.
And if a game has to have quest markers, this is a good way to implement them. Floating at the top of the screen instead of pointing at the exact spot you need to go to. I still find myself checking the map often to avoid losing time.
The character close-ups look good. A few more unique faces would have been nice. And it would also have been a nice touch to let them emote according to what they are saying, instead of having them cycle through all their different facial expressions over and over.

With an RTX 2060 I'm getting around 60 fps at max settings, but dropping down to 40 in some areas. That's a shame... I'm not sure what's causing it. I've tried disabling every single effect, without any measurable boost in performance (only when I turn absolutely everything down to potato level).

Sòren

Arcane
did they change a lot content wise? i played pathologic to death ten years ago, finished all characters and some even multiple times. don't know if can i can find the motivation to start again.

Wunderbar

Arcane
did they change a lot content wise? i played pathologic to death ten years ago, finished all characters and some even multiple times. don't know if can i can find the motivation to start again.
it's a brand new game, the only common thing is a premise, characters and some story beats.

Sòren

Arcane
it's a brand new game, the only common thing is a premise, characters and some story beats.

and there's no more bachelor or changeling route? strangely, this is both disappointing and relieving. disappointing because i thought the different perspectives were one of the most interesting features in the original and relieving because i know now that it won't take more than hundred hours to complete.

started yesterday, on the first day hardly anything seems to have changed. the city looks the same too.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
and there's no more bachelor or changeling route? strangely, this is both disappointing and relieving.
devs ran out of money. They've promised Bachelor and Changeling campaigns to be available later.
Hopefully they will have time to give them some cool mechanics similar according to their characters, inline with haruspex's herbs and autopsys.

Beastro

Arcane

Is the ending(s) the same?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Is the ending(s) the same?
if you mean the reveal about
main character being a puppet in a sandbox
then no, endings are different.

Beastro

Arcane
I guess there's no real purpose to keeping that twist a second time around.

What is the end about now given that I'm prolly never going to play either game?

Wunderbar

Arcane
What is the end about now given that I'm prolly never going to play either game?
1) you let the army to destroy the Polyhedron. Earth's blood erupts from the hole, and you get to use it for creating the panacea. Everyone is happy except the Kin.
2) you stop the army before they level the Polyhedron. The Kin, giant oxes, magic - the supernatural things survive, but so is the plague. People are going to leave the town (presumably).

HansDampf

Arcane
Fuck Rubin!
I had my first two deaths trying to protect his ass in the warehouse district. I suck at melee combat, and the Odonghs take 4 bullets each. Now I've lost my ability to hug, whatever that means. I won't do another attempt. There are more important things to spend my time on anyway. Fuck Rubin! Fuck Mark Immortell! Fuck this quest!

At least Notkin survived the night.

Wunderbar

Arcane
I saw a shotgun on sale earlier that day, but it was too expensive for me. 13k coins.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
I understand this is a (partial) remake of the first game? If so, would you recommend playing this, the original or both (and in what order)?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I saw a shotgun on sale earlier that day, but it was too expensive for me. 13k coins.
It's also way harder to get ammo for than the revolver. Who knows, might be worth it. 13k coins is a lot, but not an unreachable amount.

HansDampf

Arcane
Does it one-shot Worms at least?

I've ignored the quest, assuming he wouldn't survive the night without my help, but he did. Great... Does the no-hug penalty even have consequences, or is this a joke?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Does it one-shot Worms at least?
yes. There are some mandatory combat sequences during later days, shotgun will be really useful.

I've ignored the quest, assuming he wouldn't survive the night without my help, but he did. Great... Does the no-hug penalty even have consequences, or is this a joke?
I skipped that quest too, and a certain bad thing happened couple of days later. Dunno whether there is a connection or not.

No-hug is a joke.

HansDampf

Arcane
I suspected it could mean that you can't carry babies anymore, but that still works. Normal health penalties shouldn't be a problem.

oscar

Arcane
What's the third death penalty? I tried to alt-tab and quit the game really fast (got surprise swarmed by five dudes with knives during a burglar-.. unused material extraction in a lawless zone) but alas the game is ruthless

Feels like I'm losing hunger faster what sucks.. Having to buy stupid nuts to trade with dumbass kids for actually worthwhile food

One thing I really like about this game is that children are important. The devs also captured being a child really well (all the weirdass games we'd play, hierarchies we'd invent, useless garbage to adults that seemed priceless to us and naive yet beautiful interpretations of the world).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom