Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Jinn

Arcane
I actually really enjoyed the flash-forward sequence in the beginning, but that's definitely from the perspective of someone who is very familiar with and loves the original game. It actually felt like a nice tie-in with the first Pathologic - you've been here before, but things are different. Try not to fuck up this time.

However, I can see how it would be undesirable thematically for the creators in terms of new players being introduced to the world slowly, with all that tension building nicely. I was grinning ear to ear when I first fired up the game and walked through those hellish, desolate streets to meet with the Inquisitor and Alexander to report that we had a solution, but had run out of time.

Last edited:
Dankovsky, my old friend :love:

Never actually played the Marble Nest so looking forward to what I assume is going to be an updated version of it integrated into the main game. Hopefully they are still planning to do a full Bachelor scenario, although I wouldn't terribly mind its absence since the Bachelor campaign in the original is probably the most refined and least tedious of the bunch. The changeling is the character most desperate for a remake IMO.

Two hour spin-off :negative:

Really hope this isn't their answer to the Bachelor's campaign.

I don't think anyone was suggesting it was besides my own pessimism. And isn't Marble Nest already complete, just lacking the mechanical and technical refinements of the released game?

Jinn

Arcane
Only on Codex can a free DLC after fake news that game development was cancelled cause despair.

Stow your retard rating, Jenkem. I'm happy that there is a free DLC coming. I'm just worried that due to Bachelor being the main focus that we'll miss out on a full Bachelor campaign. Jesus fucking christ.'

I was one of the first people on the codex to throw immediate support towards Ice-Pick for this game. You'd think you'd take a second to consider where I'm coming from.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stow your retard rating, Jenkem. I'm happy that there is a free DLC coming. I'm just worried that due to Bachelor being the main focus that we'll miss out on a full Bachelor campaign. Jesus fucking christ.'

I was one of the first people on the codex to throw immediate support towards Ice-Pick for this game. You'd think you'd take a second to consider where I'm coming from.

There's absolutely no basis for them not including a full Bachelor campaign except for pessimism or delusion. 1. They've already showed stuff from Bachelor campaign way back during the Kickstarter. 2. IPL has no history of short changing their fans or customers. 3. How could you not trust Dybovsky to actually deliver?

cSEwnjf.jpg

Does this look like a man who would fuck around? If Pathologic 2 was dead, he would tell us it's dead.

Jinn

Arcane
I wasn't implying the game was dead. I said "I HOPE this isn't their answer to the Bachelor campaign." Not to mention my initial thought when seeing the trailer was "wow, they're already announcing the Bachelor DLC? THAT'S AWESEOME." Initial dashed expectations added to that feeling of disappointment.

I would rather they were working on something I could give them money for, in fact. That doesn't mean this doesn't look appealing to me. Why do you have to be so goddamn inflammatory all the time?

I should mention for context that in the comments of that DTF interview, Nikolai said that they will be showcasing an "addon" during PAX. I feel like if Marble Nest 2.0 was indeed their Bachelor's campaign, he would just refer to it as such, given how many people in the comments were asspained about that campaign not being released yet. Still, one never knows, eh?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Right now any news about pathologic can cause despair unless it's "pathologic 2 solds like hotcakes after mandalore video, studio is saved", "ice pick lodge received a huge donation from elon musk" or something like that.

To those who have already beat the game

Am I supposed to preserve a single group of characters in its entirety to get the good ending? I just got to Day 10 so all my bound got moved over to "Blood" category but unfortunately Lara died during the night (she is in the blood group). Everyone else but her in the Blood group is alive. Should I just replay the day and feed her a panacea or am I fine?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Lithium Flower unfortunately
it doesn't matter. There are three endings: two okay ones (depending on your choice during the last day) and a bad one (if you accept the deal from the shady coffin traveller).

it doesn't matter. There are three endings: two okay ones (depending on your choice during the last day) and a bad one (if you accept the deal from the shady coffin traveller).
Wait, seriously? So what does saving people result in besides their participation in side quests? Ending slides?

Wunderbar

Arcane
Wait, seriously? So what does saving people result in besides their participation in side quests? Ending slides?
there is no ending slides :negative:
though, in my ending I had all surviving characters telling me what they're going to do after :dealwithit:

there is no ending slides :negative:
though, in my ending I had all surviving characters telling me what they're going to do after :dealwithit:

That's kind of what I meant, yeah. Thanks for the info fellow tovarisch.

Fuck. Might want to save Lara now. What a woman...

On the second thought, fuck it. I should concentrate on saving the kids now. Lara's loss is heartfelt and beautifully bittersweet.

Holy fuck! I can't tell if I broke the game or discovered a HUGE leg-up in the last few days.

I ended up replaying the day after all because Lara is the best waifu okay. Now on my first attempt I slept until about 6pm and when I woke up the plagueboi was there telling he he done did took all my kids away. Then I left the hideout, got told to speak with Oyun, went to the Abattoir, etc etc etc. When Day 11 hits, all my bound are infected, as the plagueboi said.

This time I only slept until 4pm and thus went to the Abbatoir well before midnight and - what do you know - none of my dudes are infected except for Notkin who lost the RNG. So I have way a LOT of panacea and meds to go around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom