Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

KickStarter Pathologic 2 (AKA Pathologic remake)

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Crooked Bee, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    I actually really enjoyed the flash-forward sequence in the beginning, but that's definitely from the perspective of someone who is very familiar with and loves the original game. It actually felt like a nice tie-in with the first Pathologic - you've been here before, but things are different. Try not to fuck up this time.

However, I can see how it would be undesirable thematically for the creators in terms of new players being introduced to the world slowly, with all that tension building nicely. I was grinning ear to ear when I first fired up the game and walked through those hellish, desolate streets to meet with the Inquisitor and Alexander to report that we had a solution, but had run out of time.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Make the Codex Great Again!

• Despair Despair x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    Dankovsky, my old friend :love:

Never actually played the Marble Nest so looking forward to what I assume is going to be an updated version of it integrated into the main game. Hopefully they are still planning to do a full Bachelor scenario, although I wouldn't terribly mind its absence since the Bachelor campaign in the original is probably the most refined and least tedious of the bunch. The changeling is the character most desperate for a remake IMO.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Two hour spin-off :negative:

Really hope this isn't their answer to the Bachelor's campaign.

• Despair Despair x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    Only on Codex can a free DLC after fake news that game development was cancelled cause despair.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    I don't think anyone was suggesting it was besides my own pessimism. And isn't Marble Nest already complete, just lacking the mechanical and technical refinements of the released game?

^ Top  
  7. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    Stow your retard rating, Jenkem. I'm happy that there is a free DLC coming. I'm just worried that due to Bachelor being the main focus that we'll miss out on a full Bachelor campaign. Jesus fucking christ.'

I was one of the first people on the codex to throw immediate support towards Ice-Pick for this game. You'd think you'd take a second to consider where I'm coming from.

^ Top  
  8. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    please calm down we are all friends here the plague renders all alike in death

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    There's absolutely no basis for them not including a full Bachelor campaign except for pessimism or delusion. 1. They've already showed stuff from Bachelor campaign way back during the Kickstarter. 2. IPL has no history of short changing their fans or customers. 3. How could you not trust Dybovsky to actually deliver?

[​IMG]

Does this look like a man who would fuck around? If Pathologic 2 was dead, he would tell us it's dead.

• Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    I wasn't implying the game was dead. I said "I HOPE this isn't their answer to the Bachelor campaign." Not to mention my initial thought when seeing the trailer was "wow, they're already announcing the Bachelor DLC? THAT'S AWESEOME." Initial dashed expectations added to that feeling of disappointment.

I would rather they were working on something I could give them money for, in fact. That doesn't mean this doesn't look appealing to me. Why do you have to be so goddamn inflammatory all the time?

^ Top  
  11. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    I should mention for context that in the comments of that DTF interview, Nikolai said that they will be showcasing an "addon" during PAX. I feel like if Marble Nest 2.0 was indeed their Bachelor's campaign, he would just refer to it as such, given how many people in the comments were asspained about that campaign not being released yet. Still, one never knows, eh?

^ Top  
  12. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Right now any news about pathologic can cause despair unless it's "pathologic 2 solds like hotcakes after mandalore video, studio is saved", "ice pick lodge received a huge donation from elon musk" or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  
  13. Jenkem Cipher Patron

Jenkem
    put more faith into IPL and accept mother boddho's embrace, kin.

^ Top  
  14. hello friend Arcane

hello friend
    excuse me

who is that woman five posts above me

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    that's not a woman, that's Nikolai Dybowski

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Creepy man made a video about pathologic 2.

• meh meh x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Deadman Arcane Patron

Deadman
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Here it is

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    Oh man this completely went under my radar. I heard the game was buggy or had technical issues. Are those resolved by now?

• Yes Yes x 9
    ^ Top  
  19. Morgoth Arcane Patron

Morgoth
    The RagnarRox video has persuaded me....I think. I intend to pick it up on the Steam Halloween sale.

• incline incline x 3
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    To those who have already beat the game

Show Spoiler
    Am I supposed to preserve a single group of characters in its entirety to get the good ending? I just got to Day 10 so all my bound got moved over to "Blood" category but unfortunately Lara died during the night (she is in the blood group). Everyone else but her in the Blood group is alive. Should I just replay the day and feed her a panacea or am I fine?

^ Top  
  21. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Lithium Flower unfortunately
    Show Spoiler
    it doesn't matter. There are three endings: two okay ones (depending on your choice during the last day) and a bad one (if you accept the deal from the shady coffin traveller).

^ Top  
  22. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    Show Spoiler
    Wait, seriously? So what does saving people result in besides their participation in side quests? Ending slides?

^ Top  
  23. Wunderbar Arcane

Wunderbar
    Show Spoiler
    there is no ending slides :negative:

Show Spoiler
    though, in my ending I had all surviving characters telling me what they're going to do after :dealwithit:

^ Top  
  24. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    Show Spoiler
    That's kind of what I meant, yeah. Thanks for the info fellow tovarisch.

Fuck. Might want to save Lara now. What a woman...

On the second thought, fuck it. I should concentrate on saving the kids now. Lara's loss is heartfelt and beautifully bittersweet.

^ Top  
  25. Lithium Flower Magister

Lithium Flower
    Holy fuck! I can't tell if I broke the game or discovered a HUGE leg-up in the last few days.

Show Spoiler
    I ended up replaying the day after all because Lara is the best waifu okay. Now on my first attempt I slept until about 6pm and when I woke up the plagueboi was there telling he he done did took all my kids away. Then I left the hideout, got told to speak with Oyun, went to the Abattoir, etc etc etc. When Day 11 hits, all my bound are infected, as the plagueboi said.

This time I only slept until 4pm and thus went to the Abbatoir well before midnight and - what do you know - none of my dudes are infected except for Notkin who lost the RNG. So I have way a LOT of panacea and meds to go around.

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)