Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News PC Gaming Show at E3 2015: Pillars of Eternity: The White March Expansion Pack Announced

worldsmith

Savant
If a game sell, is shit.
If it sell more than normal is the shittiest game ever.
Let's put that logic to a test:
If a candidate does well in the US presidential primaries, is shit.
If candidate wins US presidential office, is shittiest president ever.

Oh wait -- that actually sounds about right to me. Perhaps the IQ of the average gamer isn't that much higher than the IQ of the average voter.

That said, "higher sales -> shittier game", while perhaps some amount of correlation can be found, probably isn't sound logic. But I didn't notice anyone actually claiming it was. Did I miss it? Or were you just constructing a strawman? Either way, it's certainly not the case that popularity is any guarantee of quality, nor that quality ensures popularity.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"That's nto even remotely MCing. Idiocy mislabeling."

"Multiclass abilities" is an accurate descriptor though. Now fighters can sneak attack and wizards can charm whereas before they couldn't.

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
This thread makes me want to play Fallout. Otherwise, I am interest to see the additional spells or talents. Will hopefully make a decent PotD playthrough.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It being positive changes it's nature. I love how we can keep doing this.

Having finally remembered my reply to this, Pillars of Eternity has an achievement for completing the game with only 175 kills, so with this reasoning, PoE also has very little filler.

Gruncheon

Savant
Looking at how Bethesda manage to market their new Fallout (a nicer-looking, equally stupid version of their old Fallout) and having people line up to praise it as the bleeding-edge second coming of games, I wonder why Obsidian don't hire some in-house PR or marketing person. Where even dedicated nerds like us have to rely on a thread in news to realise this isn't a megadungeon (which is definitely the impression the trailer gives off) there's definitely something going wrong. It seems like a company that has no clear direction or idea of where its faults lie, though I guess when you're jumping from flaming wreck of Project A to cancelled Project B you don't think too clearly

Cassidy

Arcane
I wonder why Obsidian don't hire some in-house PR or marketing person.

Outsourcing it to shills in Internet forums and games "journalists" and even better, dumb fanboys willing to do it for free, is a lot cheaper. The bribes to RPGCodex for example are probably less than 1% of how much it would cost to pay the wages of an in-house marketing person.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Incidentally the expansion announcement combined with the summer sale lit a flare under PoE sales.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom