Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Atlus Persona 5

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
The worst thing is that it feels like Persona games are becoming more and more full of social sim crap with every new installment; I highly doubt P5 is going to be any different. I might still pick it up if the dungeons and combat are decent enough, though.

That's not the worst anymore.

That game is gonna be awesome and you know it. The Persona series, hell most of ATLUS' games have awesome music.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Are you kidding? According to the lead writer the gay romance in P2 is the canon romance. That whole thing about the lighter in the intro? C'mon.
Perhaps you played the butchered dialogue version they re-released which made sure to cut this subject matter out?

And there'll naturally be homoerotic elements again, as is par for the course.

Wasn't that in jest? They pretty much ignored the homoerotic/Jun romance bits from Innocent Sin in Eternal Punishment and made Maya the canon-mance there.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
A small interview about P5
You won’t get any specific details about the whos and whats of the game’s plot or gameplay systems yet, but you will get a better idea of just what the chairs, the chains, and the red are all supposed to mean.

scans:
tumblr_n0euiuNHXd1rlc5f9o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0euiuNHXd1rlc5f9o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n0euiuNHXd1rlc5f9o3_1280.jpg
from here: http://pepsimangb.tumblr.com/post/75465007294/so-nobody-ever-really-got-back-to-me-on-whether

aris

Arcane
Yeah the 3D sucks but to me the platform's as good as the games on it. 3DS seems to be a worthy successor to the NDS at least as far as dungeon crawlers and turn-based JRPGs go, so I'm happy with my purchase.
This.

What use is that Sony has better hardware in its handheld when the games are either shit or re-releases.
Well the vita is quite popular in Japan, and it gets quite a few games. The problem is that almost none gets an English release.

CrazyDiamond

Novice
The Vita sales are finally picking up, but it's not really that popular.

But yeah, Vita's main problem is the games, but I don't think it would help much if they got English releases. Not that I would complain if they got, I always try to support those western releases. Love myself some weaboo games.

Caim

Arcane
Wasn't a big thing for the PS4 that it worked really well together with the Vita? Has that gone anywhere?

Karm Veland Morelake

Literate
Probated
I wish i had finished P4, i had over 30 hours and was near the end, but got bored of fights every few seconds and never finished it.

CrazyDiamond

Novice
Wasn't a big thing for the PS4 that it worked really well together with the Vita? Has that gone anywhere?

I don't think it got anywhere besides the usual crossplay, haven't seen anyone praising it. But then again the Ps4 hasn't gone far individually either, considering how bland its launch title library was.

From what Sony showed, the Vita basically acted as an controller for the Ps4. But that seems like a lot of wasted potential, it could be great if used well.

Caim

Arcane
Part of me really wants to see the crossplay succeed, while the other part of me is amused because of crossplay's other meaning.

Yeah I'm immature. Bite me.

CrazyDiamond

Novice
Rad Video Game Idea: a game about crossplayers that makes use of the Ps4 and Vita crossplay.

Last edited:

Felix

Arcane
after the shitfest that was p3 and p4 and smtiv I won't get my hope up

Caim

Arcane
So that's our new protagonist, eh?

Well... not a big fan here. I really like Yu, and I can get behind Minato and Kotone, but I'm not sure about this guy yet.

Avellion

Erudite
So the Persona 5 protagonist looks like Harry Potter. Only positive thing I can say about this game so far is that it appears to use a college setting rather than high school setting.

Also,

Persona 3 and 4 took everything I hate about BioWare games, made it even worse, and topped it off with a sprinkling cringe worthy anime tropes on top of it. While I wont get my hopes up either, I heard someone say that they are appearantly taking notes from Persona 2, in which that case I might be interested.

aris

Arcane
So the Persona 5 protagonist looks like Harry Potter. Only positive thing I can say about this game so far is that it appears to use a college setting rather than high school setting.

Also,

Persona 3 and 4 took everything I hate about BioWare games, made it even worse, and topped it off with a sprinkling cringe worthy anime tropes on top of it. While I wont get my hopes up either, I heard someone say that they are appearantly taking notes from Persona 2, in which that case I might be interested.
Persona 4 was fucking great, what are you talking about?

Avellion

Erudite
Persona 4 was fucking great, what are you talking about?
The idea behind Persona 3 and 4 is decent, but so far I found the execution of those games to be rather... sloppy. Biggest issue I had with P4 was the dungeon crawling, especially after just having played a certain other Atlus game that handled dungeon crawling and combat so much better (SMT: Nocturne)

And then there is Persona's fanbase, which is royally pissing me off and creeping me out too. They are like Biodrones, minus Tali's sweat analysis.

aris

Arcane
Well, I can agree that the dungeon crawling really outstayed its welcome, although I thought the combat was good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom