Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Phantom Brigade - tactical RPG with giant robots

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by Galdred, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
    If I understood it correctly they're now going to do Combat Mission or Battlestar Galactica: Deadlock style "plan & pray" combat system.

• incline incline x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. PanteraNera Erudite

PanteraNera
    Sweet.
    Back in the day (CMBO, CMBB) I played the shit out of these games. To bad Battlefront got to greedy.
    I really love the realism/simulation aspect of the WeGO system.
    Also there was Brigade E5 and 7,62mm.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Haba Harbinger of Decline Patron

Haba
    Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Well Infinitron, why is Battletech not an RPG then? Because they didn't add the RPG tag on their blurb?

Here are some popular top selling RPGs that need to be relocated to GRPGD then:
    • Dishonored
    • Borderlands
    • Borderlands 2
    • Endless Legend
    • Graveyard Keeper
    • Hunie Pop
    • Orcs Must Die!
    • Orcs Must Die! 2
    • The Sims 3
    • Bioshock
    • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    I mean that must be the criteria, since the game has so far shown zero RPG features. They have never even mentioned anything remotely RPG like anywhere outside their Steam page. Maybe the mech pilots can level up skills. Wow, much character development.

So I guess it must be based on the steam user tags, especially since you've also moved Spire of Sorcery to GRPGD. You know, a game about managing a mage's tower. Which not even the developers call an RPG.

• "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Not the Steam user tags (those are random garbage) but the description written by the developers. Spire of Sorcery description:

It was originally in Strategy Gaming but after people asked to move the similarly described SpellForce 3 to GRPG it made sense to move Spire of Sorcery as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Lurker47 Learned

Lurker47
    This is the norm.... :0-13:

^ Top  
  7. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Will I finally get my Vandal Hearts 2 fix?

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
  9. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    Some pre-PAX stuff from their discord:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New gameplay video should be coming in couple days.

edit.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Excited! Excited! x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    Based on this, this is turning out to be more Battletech than the HBS game...

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  11. geno Educated

geno

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Rahdulan Arcane Patron

Rahdulan
    Not exactly how I envisioned it would work, but still plenty hectic when you add multiple enemies into the mix. Not bad.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Cross Savant

Cross
    It's Frozen Synapse with mechs. Not a bad idea.

Not sure what's up with the constant slow-mo effect though. Hopefully it will be an optional toggle in the final game.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Taka-Haradin puolipeikko Arcane

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko
    I wonder if there is ever point in not moving all the time?
    Will there be weapons that benefit from being fired while stationary?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Jack Dandy Arcane

Jack Dandy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Woah, this looks super cool. They even have roller dashes. And I like how it freezes in 'the middle' of the action, while sparks fly, and buildings crumble.
    It's what I envisioned Front Mission could look like if they tried to do something new (and not retarded shootan) with it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. curry Arcane

curry
    That narrator guy needs to clear his throat

^ Top  
  17. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    I preferred the AP system, this new one makes everything look twitchy and chaotic. Also, they're following anime standards and having the mentor figure die early (as early as what seems to be the prologue, a new record!).
    Also also, so much for protecting the town. :lol:

Seeing that everyone is moving at top speed all the time, I think artillery, environemental damage and single shot weaponry will not be that useful to semi/full-auto weaponry.

Mecha-sized roller skates is a cheap way to avoid having to animate mecha running around all the time.

We'll see how it goes. At least this is better than SJWtech (not that this was difficult to do though).

In before Epic exclusive. :negative:

^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)